shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#616205 - 20/05/08 11:35 AM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Two things: First I find it funny that others think they know more about my state's Sr Senator. Trust me, I've lived here all my life and haven't seen much that McCain has done for it. His stance on the Border and ILLEGAL immigration just well, SUCKS, but I'm not for the Dem proposal of open borders. So you can see where I'm placing my vote, although reluctantly.

Second. If you think Obama is for Separation of Church and State, that's only because of Pastor Wright. Look how he panders when it suits him.

Some separation there. :rolleyes:

#616206 - 20/05/08 11:46 AM Re: The Real McCain
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:

Some separation there. :rolleyes:
And all the Democrat and left wing hypocrites cried like babies when they thought Mike Huckabee made an ad with a cross in the background. That cross turned out to be glare from a bookshelf.

Obama only uses that ad above when he is trying to hoodwink rural whitey into voting for him.

You know.... the "typical white people" who "cling" to things like guns and religion.

#616207 - 20/05/08 11:49 AM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]Some separation there. :rolleyes:
And all the Democrat and left wing hypocrites cried like babies when they thought Mike Huckabee made an ad with a cross in the background. That cross turned out to be glare from a bookshelf.[/b]
Haha, yeah, I remember the MSM hubub.

Here's some HOPE for ya. :rolleyes:

Hope in the sense that we don't repeat the past and give credit or legitimacy to rouge states and tyrannical leaders. I wish we could do something about the Junta. frown

#616208 - 20/05/08 12:04 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

If we're going to Vote Obama on the Global Warning scam. This guy says it best:
Quote:
Let's keep it scientific then: Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) is a theory. It is an unproven theory. What you do with theories is put them to the test with scientific observations. Let's see what data points we now have:
1) Temperatures have not surpassed 1998 (NOAA)
2) Temperatures are now trending downward since 1998 (NOAA)
3) Ocean temperatures have not risen since 2000 when the Argo buoys were launched. The buoys even show a slight decrease in ocean temperatures
4) The Arctic ice froze to February levels by December, there are 1mm more sq km than before (previous was 13mm sq km)
5) The Arctic ice is 20cm thicker than "normal"
6) All polar bear pods are stable or growing (NOAA/PBS)
7) Mount Kilimanjaro is not melting because of global warming, rather "sublimation"
8) The Antarctic is not "melting", it is growing in most places, the sloughing off at the edges is normal as the ice mass grows
9) The majority of the Antarctic is 8 degrees below "normal"
10) The coveted .7 degree rise in temperatures over the last 100 years has been wiped out with last years below "normal" temperatures
11) Al Gores film was just deemed "propaganda" in a court of law in the UK as many points could not be substantiated by scientists
12) It was also just reveled that some of the footage in Al's film was CGI. The ice shelf collapse was from the movie "The Day After" (ABC)
13) One of the scientists that originally thought that CO2 preceded the warming has now found with new data that the CO2 rise follows the warming (Dr David Evans)
14) Storms have become less frequent and less severe (many GW alarmists are now backtracking these earlier "theories")
15) Droughts have always happened and always will
16) The greenhouse effect is real, our small contribution to it cannot even be measured
17) Several publications, including those that are "warmist" have recently written that the "natural" cycles of the earth may "mask" AGW. Give me a break.
18) 31,000 scientist have signed a petition against AGW!

With China (1 new coal fired plant coming on line each week) and India spewing millions of tons of CO2 in to the atmosphere, along with the rest of the world increasing their CO2 "production" over the last ten years, these results should be impossible.

Now, please be so kind to give me one piece of observable evidence that man is causing "global warming".

Posted by: John | May 20, 2008 10:23 AM

Thank you. Now they just need to figure out a way of changing AGW to Climate Change. Then they will always be right. Oh wait they aready have... :rolleyes: [LOL]

#616209 - 20/05/08 12:11 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

No way man. It was hot as shit outside yesterday. It has to be global warming. Pay no attention to that cold front!

#616210 - 20/05/08 12:22 PM Re: The Real McCain
NY Madman Offline

A chilly 52 degrees in New York City on May 20. frown

#616211 - 20/05/08 12:46 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[b]The rest of the world is doing far less than we are to conserve.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

With the exception of China and India...who is doing "far less" than us?[/b]
Not sure what's so funny. Are we the largest consumers? Yes. Why is that, do you suppose? Is it because we're greedy and wasteful, or is it because our country was industrialized long before the emerging industrial powers? Maybe it's because we're among the farthest removed from the 3rd world.

We'll always use more energy than the average European due to the distances between places in the US vs your average European postage stamp country. On the other hand, you see a lot of "going green" in this country, and the government is mandating MPG standards and emissions standards on cars sold here. Further, emmissions are regulated at power plants, we've cleaned up rivers and waterways dramatically in the past 30 years...

You can't tell me these emerging nations are doing this, nor will it be their focus anytime in the next 20-30 years as growth outpaces the collective conscience.

Yasha's beloved Russia is another example. A country side full of garbage. Areas abandoned due to high levels of toxicity. I haven't been there. I know several who have and I've read a lot about it too. Lake Baykal (sp?) - A beautiful place; the world's deepst lake that contains something like 1/5 of the world's fresh water. The shoreline is nothing but trash and vodka bottles.

Brazil continues to deforest the Amazon.

Africa is almost completely devoid of rain forests now, as is Madagascar. It's also home to some of the most deplorable living conditions anywhere on the planet due to it's idiotic military leadership in many of its countries.

India's rivers are full of feces.

So I stand by my comments.

#616212 - 20/05/08 01:24 PM Re: The Real McCain
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:

India's rivers are full of feces.
The United States Congress is full of feces.

We need a law to clean up that pollution.

#616213 - 20/05/08 01:30 PM Re: The Real McCain
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
But its all our fault...we should hang our heads in shame... :rolleyes:

#616214 - 20/05/08 02:19 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
The United States Congress is full of feces.

We need a law to clean up that pollution.

#616215 - 20/05/08 03:34 PM Re: The Real McCain
altima Offline

Loc: Michigan
[Laughing] and people want to vote for him... [LOL]

#616216 - 20/05/08 04:02 PM Re: The Real McCain
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 20001frontier:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
[b] THIS is why I'm voting for Obama. (mp3 of a podcast.... about 45 minutes on the importance of the separation between church and state and why this is a critical election year for those of us who want to retain many of our freedoms).
That is insane. The first freedom Obama will remove is your right to keep and bear arms. Apparently he wants to tell you what to drive, eat, and what to set your AC on as well.[/b]
That's something I considered as I am very pro-gun and a CHL holder.... but that's not the only right that matters to me.

I know I'm not changing anybody's mind here... I just wanted to point out that a lot of people - even gun-toting Texans like myself - are switching sides this election year because we don't want to live in a theocracy.

#616217 - 20/05/08 04:09 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] THIS is why I'm voting for Obama. (mp3 of a podcast.... about 45 minutes on the importance of the separation between church and state and why this is a critical election year for those of us who want to retain many of our freedoms).
That is insane. The first freedom Obama will remove is your right to keep and bear arms. Apparently he wants to tell you what to drive, eat, and what to set your AC on as well.[/b]
That's something I considered as I am very pro-gun and a CHL holder.... but that's not the only right that matters to me.

I know I'm not changing anybody's mind here... I just wanted to point out that a lot of people - even gun-toting Texans like myself - are switching sides this election year because we don't want to live in a theocracy.[/b]
Now I can't wait to get home and see why on earth someone who loves their guns, would make themselves defenseless only to try and get them back in four/eight years by electing someone who respects the Constitution as written, without finding it a "Living Document". Strange. [Uh Oh !]

At that time, my friends, it may be too late. Has the Conservative leaning Supreme Court (That Bush gets credit for) ruled against the DC handgun ban yet? Just wondering.

#616218 - 20/05/08 04:21 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, this is almost as good as Barrens Chat!

#616219 - 20/05/08 04:21 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kaiser, I thought you said you don't want to live in a theocracy?

Quote:
the·oc·ra·cy (th-kr-s)
n. pl. the·oc·ra·cies
1. A government ruled by or subject to religious authority.
2. A state so governed.

theocracy
Noun
pl -cies
1. government by a god or by priests
2. a community under such government [Greek theos god + kratos power]
theocrat n
theocratic adj
theocratically adv
Is this what you consider the Constitution to be? How is McCain a Theocrat?

Only Obama is in your face religion (Oh ya, when it suits him.)

#616220 - 20/05/08 05:15 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Five pages, and all it was about was a couple of things that were already well known!?! What a complete waste of 3:15 Minutes.

Psst... Do something...

Yeah, like don't vote for this idiot...!!!

52 Seconds of Obama Unilaterally Disarming America

Duh, I wan't a suitcase nuke if I can buy it... Drrr.... Dipshit, Doesn't everyone want there to be Nuclear Free World???!!! I can't believe you people fall for the BHO!

Ridiculous, now to go spend time with the kids...

#616221 - 20/05/08 05:17 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a difference between being religious and having views on how religion is in our society.

Religion should not be part of govt.

Right now the govt funds schools that teach abstinence. ?????
Schools should be teaching sex and how to use condoms. the only reason condoms are being condemned, cause of religion. Not everyone in this country are christians, I'm not. I should not and do not want to pay for Christian ideology to be subsidized.

The right has been supporting this. This is why I don't go right.

#616222 - 20/05/08 05:21 PM Re: The Real McCain
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Quote:
Originally posted by C.S. Gray:
Wow, this is almost as good as Barrens Chat!
Spoken like a true WOW head

#616223 - 20/05/08 05:31 PM Re: The Real McCain
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

I know I'm not changing anybody's mind here... I just wanted to point out that a lot of people - even gun-toting Texans like myself - are switching sides this election year because we don't want to live in a theocracy.
What are you talking about? It doesn't sound like you know too much about any of these people running for president.

What is this theocracy crap? Where do you get this stuff? How will a theocracy come about... especially with McCain.

If you knew anything about McCain, he is not a very religious person despite what he might claim while trying to get votes. It has long been known in conservative circles that McCain has a deep disdain for evangelical Christians. That is why many don't like him.

The only person running who throws religion around is Obama. Maybe he does it to hide his Muslim background, but he does it a lot. His new religion is also the black church of hate whitey and hate America.

On the topic of religion, this is what you are seemingly going to vote for.....

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.".... Barack Hussein Obama from "The Audacity of Hope"

#616224 - 20/05/08 06:29 PM Re: The Real McCain
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Look, the Republicans in general, including McCain, vote to legislate their faith-based morality on social issues (gay rights, stem cells, drug policy, abortion etc). These issues all boil down to church state separation and whether we ought to be legislating the morals of the day.

McCain has made it clear that he will use his supreme court nominations to put in another Alito or Roberts on the court - and then the slim pro-separation margin on the court will disappear... when that happens there will be major changes in the country.

Overall, he doesn't seem like that bad a guy... we could certainly do worse... but he WILL appoint conservative justices if he gets the chance and I'm using my vote to try to stop it.

On the gun issue, I don't think a single president can make THAT big a difference (apart from the supreme court issue I mentioned) - so I'm not too worried about losing my gun rights.

You can rest easy, though... Texas would elect a corpse if there was an 'R' next to its party affiliation on the ballot - so my vote effectively won't count wink

#616225 - 20/05/08 07:42 PM Re: The Real McCain
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Has the Conservative leaning Supreme Court (That Bush gets credit for) ruled against the DC handgun ban yet? Just wondering.
Not yet. Should be announced in the next couple of months, I think.

I don't see how they can go any way but throwing out the ban.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#616226 - 20/05/08 08:20 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]Has the Conservative leaning Supreme Court (That Bush gets credit for) ruled against the DC handgun ban yet? Just wondering.
Not yet. Should be announced in the next couple of months, I think.

I don't see how they can go any way but throwing out the ban.[/b]
I agree. The ban should be lifted

#616227 - 21/05/08 06:38 AM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Obama wants to hang out with the leader of the worst theocracy in the world. [Uh Oh !]

#616228 - 21/05/08 07:51 AM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You can rest easy, though... Texas would elect a corpse if there was an 'R' next to its party affiliation on the ballot - so my vote effectively won't count wink
Zombie Reagan in '08!

Looking GOOD for 98 years old, eh?

Kaiser, I can't buy into the theocracy thin either. If Huckabee was running, I'd agree with you whole heartedly, but McCain is only doing just enough to appease the evangelicals.

#616229 - 21/05/08 08:07 AM Re: The Real McCain
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Obama wants to hang out with the leader of the worst theocracy in the world. [Uh Oh !]
So we can say Bush wants to hang out with the leader of the country that treats its citizens the worst? China, anyone?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal