shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#616355 - 05/06/08 12:59 PM Re: The Real McCain
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

So where did she say he is "unqualified?"

NOT where did you read something that implied it. Show me quotes.
I didn't say she said he was unqualified. I said her campaign has said he was unqualified.

You obviously want to base your argument on the parsing of particular words, but there is no doubt that Hillary's campaign has been painting Obama as unqualified almost all along.

After one of the Democrat debates Hillary herself used words like "naive" and "irresponsible" to describe Obama.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3409544

Other Democrats such as Biden and Dodd have said negative things about Obama after debates.

Hillary's campaign strategist, Mark Penn, has even described Obama as "unelectable".

All these of course will be very useful in Republican ads going into the fall.

#616356 - 05/06/08 01:15 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

It'll be especially useful as she's if she does, as rumored, throw her support into his camp now that he's the nominee. Makes me wonder if a reporter will actually ask and press for a solid answer to that.

#616357 - 05/06/08 01:48 PM Re: The Real McCain
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
But the suggeston came on the heels of Hillary Clinton's remarkable claim that Obama was simply not fit to be commander in chief on day one of a possible presidency. At the same time, Hillary Clinton said she was, and added that Republican John McCain was also qualified.

After meeting with retired generals and admirals and other military officers in Washington, D.C., Hillary Clinton said: "Look I have said Senator McCain will bring a lifetime of experience to the campaign, I will bring a lifetime of experience, and Senator Obama will bring a speech he made in 2002."

A liberal New York Times columnist suggested Hillary had "shamelessly" stated that Obama is simply not qualified to be president.

"I think it's imperative that each of us be able to demonstrate we can cross the commander-in-chief threshold," Hillary Clinton said. "I believe that I've done that. Certainly, Senator McCain has done that and you'll have to ask Senator Obama with respect to his candidacy."

Hard words to take back if Obama does win the nomination.

Obama angrily decried the Clinton's negative campaign and dismissed any intention of running as vice president.

#616358 - 06/06/08 05:35 AM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
But the suggeston came on the heels of Hillary Clinton's remarkable claim that Obama was simply not fit to be commander in chief on day one of a possible presidency. At the same time, Hillary Clinton said she was, and added that Republican John McCain was also qualified.

After meeting with retired generals and admirals and other military officers in Washington, D.C., Hillary Clinton said: "Look I have said Senator McCain will bring a lifetime of experience to the campaign, I will bring a lifetime of experience, and Senator Obama will bring a speech he made in 2002."

A liberal New York Times columnist suggested Hillary had "shamelessly" stated that Obama is simply not qualified to be president.

"I think it's imperative that each of us be able to demonstrate we can cross the commander-in-chief threshold," Hillary Clinton said. "I believe that I've done that. Certainly, Senator McCain has done that and you'll have to ask Senator Obama with respect to his candidacy."

Hard words to take back if Obama does win the nomination.

Obama angrily decried the Clinton's negative campaign and dismissed any intention of running as vice president.
Seriously - some weasel in the press needs to gather all of these quotes, read them back to her, and then ask for an explanation as to what she meant if she decides to support Obama. If she non-answers (as I expect), then they need to follow up and press her to get something of substance.

#616359 - 06/06/08 06:12 AM Re: The Real McCain
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by ATFrontier:
You know that inauguration cartoon above has me wondering. Will Obama, if elected, put his hand on the Bible? You know, being the muslim he is...
Dammit, man! I knew someone would ask this, and I bet on Madman. wink

#616360 - 06/06/08 06:24 AM Re: The Real McCain
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
You lost then Russell.... laugh

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal