shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#616330 - 04/06/08 01:30 PM Re: The Real McCain
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

Likewise, if T-shirts are indeed universal in their availability for ALL stories on CNN (and not merely selected ones), then your argument has merit. Are the T-shirts available for EVERY story on CNN?
I think you're Madman with another screen name. [LOL] [/b]
You didn't answer this question.[/b]
First, I never said they were available for all stories, I said 'many' stories. Second, I disagree that they'd have to be available for every story for my argument to have merit. They've sold some with McCain and Clinton stories and that's all that matters if the question is politics.
Links to the McCain and Hillary ones?

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#616331 - 04/06/08 01:59 PM Re: The Real McCain
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:

Likewise, if T-shirts are indeed universal in their availability for ALL stories on CNN (and not merely selected ones), then your argument has merit. Are the T-shirts available for EVERY story on CNN?
I think you're Madman with another screen name. [LOL] [/b]
You didn't answer this question.[/b]
First, I never said they were available for all stories, I said 'many' stories. Second, I disagree that they'd have to be available for every story for my argument to have merit. They've sold some with McCain and Clinton stories and that's all that matters if the question is politics.
Links to the McCain and Hillary ones?

You can find them through the archive link Grayham posted.

Here, in case going back a few posts is too much to ask:

http://www.cnn.com/tshirt/archive/

#616332 - 04/06/08 02:09 PM Re: The Real McCain
RedX Offline

#616333 - 04/06/08 02:24 PM Re: The Real McCain
BlueSky Offline

#616334 - 04/06/08 02:29 PM Re: The Real McCain
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Ahhh...see then the argument does have merit (even though the T-shirt selection is still relatively liberally weighted....indicative of CNN's leanings).
Relatively? I searched through all 36 pages of those stupid shirts and the only one with the word "McCain" in it said, "Mrs. Edwards slams McCain's health plan..."

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#616335 - 04/06/08 02:39 PM Re: The Real McCain
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
Quote:
[b]Ahhh...see then the argument does have merit (even though the T-shirt selection is still relatively liberally weighted....indicative of CNN's leanings).
Relatively? I searched through all 36 pages of those stupid shirts and the only one with the word "McCain" in it said, "Mrs. Edwards slams McCain's health plan..."[/b]
Really?

What about this one:

"McCain: Vote Indeed About Change"

As far as how much Clinton/Obama stuff there is...of course, it would have NOTHING to do with the fact that there is no news on the Republican side - they finished their decision months ago.

Another showing CNN's bias:

"Tornado caught on bank camera."

Damn...stupid liberals. :rolleyes:
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#616336 - 04/06/08 03:01 PM Re: The Real McCain
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Really?

What about this one:

I missed it! No, I don't think CNN is showing any bias when it comes to those ridiculous shirts. I do think they're showing their marketing stupidity though. For the love of God, who would buy one?

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#616337 - 04/06/08 03:16 PM Re: The Real McCain
RedX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
Quote:
[b]Really?

What about this one:

I missed it! No, I don't think CNN is showing any bias when it comes to those ridiculous shirts. I do think they're showing their marketing stupidity though. For the love of God, who would buy one?[/b]
Assumingly....judging from the offerings.....A LOT of liberals would buy one. Oh wait.....Did your post just mention marketing stupidity?

laugh

#616338 - 05/06/08 04:30 AM Re: The Real McCain
BlueSky Offline

Madman, T or F - you knew all along that the headline shirts are sold regularly by CNN and the 'makes history' shirt was not some kind of endorsement, right? No worries though, man, I know you're hurting now that your horse Hillary is out of the race. Back to the old quandary - which of these choices, McCain or Obama, either about as palatable as cod liver oil, will the McCain-haters embrace?

Anyway, now that the great t-shirt debate of '08 is over, if Obama is elected, my guess is we'll see a gravy train of unprecedented proportions, loaded up with all the 'disadvantaged' of the world. And the American middle class will be the draft horses because for all the talk of taxing corporations and rich people, they'll still have the juice with Congress to get the loopholes and breaks needed to push it all down on the middle class.

Don't get me wrong; I believe in helping those who genuinely need it, but sorting the "can't help themselves" group from the "won't help themselves" leaches is next to impossible.

#616339 - 05/06/08 05:31 AM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Madman, T or F - you knew all along that the headline shirts are sold regularly by CNN and the 'makes history' shirt was not some kind of endorsement, right? No worries though, man, I know you're hurting now that your horse Hillary is out of the race. Back to the old quandary - which of these choices, McCain or Obama, either about as palatable as cod liver oil, will the McCain-haters embrace?

Anyway, now that the great t-shirt debate of '08 is over, if Obama is elected, my guess is we'll see a gravy train of unprecedented proportions, loaded up with all the 'disadvantaged' of the world. And the American middle class will be the draft horses because for all the talk of taxing corporations and rich people, they'll still have the juice with Congress to get the loopholes and breaks needed to push it all down on the middle class.

Don't get me wrong; I believe in helping those who genuinely need it, but sorting the "can't help themselves" group from the "won't help themselves" leaches is next to impossible.
It doesn't seem like the best of choices. McCain doesn't seem inspiring, but he does seem to understand some level of fiscal conservatism. Well, relative to Obama. Obama seems to be inspiring, but that he'd try to do too much to help where help really isn't needed.

Looks more and more like McCain.

What's interesting is that Hillary has apparently announced that she'll withdraw this Saturday and is going to throw her support to a man she said was unqualified for the office.

Good to see she's remaining a political whore.

#616340 - 05/06/08 05:40 AM Re: The Real McCain
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron ap Rhys:

What's interesting is that Hillary has apparently announced that she'll withdraw this Saturday and is going to throw her support to a man she said was unqualified for the office.

Good to see she's remaining a political whore.
I don't remember her saying he was unqualified...just that she was MORE qualified.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#616341 - 05/06/08 06:16 AM Re: The Real McCain
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
She hasn't withdrawn, and won't. She's conceding which means she retains her delegates etc. all the way to the convention. If something bad were to happen to Obama, or really bad news would come out, she could still take the nomination.

She's and evil evil woman.

#616342 - 05/06/08 06:31 AM Re: The Real McCain
BlueSky Offline

Hilarious and spot-on to boot:

#616343 - 05/06/08 06:55 AM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't remember her saying he was unqualified...just that she was MORE qualified.
I dunno - I think it was implied strongly in those "Who would you want answering the Red Phone in the middle of the night" ads. She might not have directly called him unqualified, but that was certainly a strong point of her campaign.

#616344 - 05/06/08 09:06 AM Re: The Real McCain
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

No, I didn't know CNN sold headline T-Shirts. I saw the link to the Obama CNN shirt on another site.

We don't know yet if Hillary is out of the race. The only thing we do know is that she is being heavily pressured and pushed out by many of the Democrat hierarchy and the media.

She just might "suspend" her campaign which doesn't end it and keeps her in the running in case something happens. But who knows what she will do at this point.

What we are witnessing is unprecedented in party primary politics. One candidate is being forced out in favor of another. The candidate who actually received more votes. Superdelegates are being pressured to make their votes known prior to the convention by Howard Dean and Nancy Pelosi. All against party rules and procedures.

Who knows what will happen over the next couple of days.

We are seeing a new political movement emerging though.....

#616345 - 05/06/08 09:27 AM Re: The Real McCain
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Yes, Hillary's campaign has said Obama is unqualified and lacks experience.

In fact a number of the Democrats who were running at the beginning said Obama lacks experience and is basically unqualified.

Every time Obama speaks and has to answer questions without the benefit of a scripted teleprompter, they are all proven correct.

#616346 - 05/06/08 09:27 AM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's the something happening part that should worry Obama - and that's another good reason that he shouldn't select her to be the Veep.

#616347 - 05/06/08 09:31 AM Re: The Real McCain
BlueSky Offline

Well, this much is true...if the Democrats can't take the White House after 8 years of George W. Bush, they never will. Seriously, suppose McCain wins, won't that be a back-breaker for the Dems?

#616348 - 05/06/08 09:34 AM Re: The Real McCain
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Well, this much is true...if the Democrats can't take the White House after 8 years of George W. Bush, they never will. Seriously, suppose McCain wins, won't that be a back-breaker for the Dems?
It won't be a back-breaker. They will still have control of Congress.

Plus McCain is more of a Democrat than he is a Republican.

The Democrats have candidates this year running in both parties. They win either way.

#616349 - 05/06/08 11:34 AM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

> The candidate who actually received more votes

What part of delegate has you baffled? It ain't about individual votes, it is about delegate votes. I do find it interesting (quite telling actually) that the Democratic Party has less democratic primary rules than the Republican Party.

Barr's running mate was on the radio here this morning and just went off the map. Too bad the Libertarians can't get it together enough to offer a viable alternative. McKinney's on the ballot here but she's nuts and has no chance nationally. We're screwed again but that's been baked into the cake on purpose by those controlling the process so that the bidness of bidness conducting bidness doesn't get hampered by the working public. Profits before people is the American way. Meanwhile the sideshow carnies distract us with shiny objects and rigged contests and the occasional bootstrap success story to convince us we're somehow involved and have a chance to get ahead.

If God wanted us to vote he'd have given us candidates.

#616350 - 05/06/08 11:42 AM Re: The Real McCain
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
You know that inauguration cartoon above has me wondering. Will Obama, if elected, put his hand on the Bible? You know, being the muslim he is...

#616351 - 05/06/08 11:48 AM Re: The Real McCain
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ATFrontier:

You know that inauguration cartoon above has me wondering. Will Obama, if elected, put his hand on the Bible? You know, being the muslim he is...
Obama would probably want to take the oath on James Cone's "white man is evil", Black Liberation Theology book.

Maybe he can have one of his Nation of Islam office employees hold the book for him. [Freak]

#616352 - 05/06/08 12:20 PM Re: The Real McCain
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]I don't remember her saying he was unqualified...just that she was MORE qualified.
Yes, Hillary's campaign has said Obama is unqualified and lacks experience.

In fact a number of the Democrats who were running at the beginning said Obama lacks experience and is basically unqualified.[/b]
So where did she say he is "unqualified?"

NOT where did you read something that implied it. Show me quotes.

#616353 - 05/06/08 12:23 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's the biggest threat to the Liberatarian Party's viability right now. By their very stance on issues, they end up being for legalized drugs, lack of control on things, etc. It's the philosophy that drives them. It's also what seems to be driving much of their membership.

Probably the best thing they could do is to come up with a series of achievable short, medium, and long term goals and go from there. It'll likely cost them membership in the short term, but the members that hop onto the bandwagon later will be less loony and more likely to be able to create actual change.

#616354 - 05/06/08 12:35 PM Re: The Real McCain
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is true about the libertarians. There are way to many big L doctrinaire zealots involved for the party to go anywhere.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal