2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#621534 - 21/02/07 11:59 AM Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a bunch know-nothings. I joined the clubfrontier forum specifically because I recently purchased a 2006 Frontier and wanted network, and maybe get some technical info. WRONG! Far be it, that I should expect the kind of quality knowledge found here at Xterrownersclub over at clubfrontier. To quote the T-Mobile prepaid guy: "Those guys are morons." These people know nothing about anything; they can't even answer simple computer questions in the off-topic forum and they are using computers! I thought that maybe some nugget of useful knowledge would slip through, but NO! I'm sorry but I don't feel you should be listed as an experienced Frontier owner if you have to take your vehicle to the dealer for every little squeak and oil change because its beyond your ability. Hell, there are guys in this forum doing their own SAS jobs and engine swaps!

Where can a guy find a decent, technical Frontier forum?

I apologize for the rant. I really hold no grudge against anyone at the clubfrontier.org forum. It really bothers me that people put a lot of weight behind someone with no knowledge and high post count.

Thanks for letting me vent.

#621535 - 21/02/07 12:01 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why not just focus your attention to the XOC? The X and Fronty technically are the same truck with different bodies, afterall....

#621536 - 21/02/07 12:03 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

2006 info might be iffy there, but rock solid on all years prior.. Check out N4W www.nissan4wheelers.com

#621537 - 21/02/07 12:04 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

#621538 - 21/02/07 12:45 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, what a coincidence, I'm leaving work in two minutes to pickup my new Fronty LB!!

I think this is suppose to be a good Fronty forumn:

http://p085.ezboard.com/btunfs

#621539 - 21/02/07 07:45 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Mondo Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Frankly, thenewx.org and xterrafirma.com are way better than this place for technical info. They don't have so much of the smug bitchery that has proliferated here for years, too.
I have an '06 Frontier and frequent clubfrontier and tunfs - although most of the technical posts seem to originate from Xterra or Titan forums in one form or another.

#621540 - 21/02/07 08:03 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
2006 info might be iffy there, but rock solid on all years prior.. Check out N4W www.nissan4wheelers.com
x2

if you want technical this is the place to go.

#621541 - 21/02/07 08:06 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Smearbrick:
What a bunch know-nothings. I joined the clubfrontier forum specifically because I recently purchased a 2006 Frontier and wanted network, and maybe get some technical info. WRONG! Far be it, that I should expect the kind of quality knowledge found here at Xterrownersclub over at clubfrontier. To quote the T-Mobile prepaid guy: "Those guys are morons." These people know nothing about anything; they can't even answer simple computer questions in the off-topic forum and they are using computers! I thought that maybe some nugget of useful knowledge would slip through, but NO! I'm sorry but I don't feel you should be listed as an experienced Frontier owner if you have to take your vehicle to the dealer for every little squeak and oil change because its beyond your ability. Hell, there are guys in this forum doing their own SAS jobs and engine swaps!

Where can a guy find a decent, technical Frontier forum?

I apologize for the rant. I really hold no grudge against anyone at the clubfrontier.org forum. It really bothers me that people put a lot of weight behind someone with no knowledge and high post count.

Thanks for letting me vent.
sounds like most peoples opinions of this place after they have had their ass handed to them.

#621542 - 21/02/07 08:21 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by Mondo:
Frankly, thenewx.org and xterrafirma.com are way better than this place for technical info. They don't have so much of the smug bitchery that has proliferated here for years, too.
I have an '06 Frontier and frequent clubfrontier and tunfs - although most of the technical posts seem to originate from Xterra or Titan forums in one form or another.
So is it safe to say that you won't be visiting long? smile

#621543 - 21/02/07 08:34 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Mondo Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Pretty safe. [ThumbsUp]

#621544 - 22/02/07 05:03 AM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the responses. Sorry I sounded so harsh on the folks over at ClubFrontier.org. It just really bothers me that the forum focuses more on things like Dynamat and stereo reviews (which I would think would be better suited to a stereo install forum) than anything really related to the vehicle itself. I just wanted something that went beyond the normal: "I'm going to buy this Pioneer head unit. What do you think?" Even simple topics like foglights are like "what fog lights should I get? Will the dealer install these?" One guy came to the 1st gen section of the forum and asked where TDC was because he couldn't certain timing marks. He responses like "the dealer will have that information", or "wouldn't you need a timing light to determine that?"

Once again, sorry for the rant, and thanks for the information.

#621545 - 22/02/07 05:31 AM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
These people know nothing about anything; they can't even answer simple computer questions in the off-topic forum and they are using computers!
I just wanna make sure I'm reading this correctly...you're complaining about a frontier site that can't answer a question about on computers....a question that has nothing to do with their vehicle? A question that should be on a 'techy' forum?
If it's that easy...why are you asking it?

confused

#621546 - 22/02/07 06:59 AM Re: Clubfrontier.org
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Quote:
posted February 22, 2007 06:31 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These people know nothing about anything; they can't even answer simple computer questions in the off-topic forum and they are using computers!

I just wanna make sure I'm reading this correctly...you're complaining about a frontier site that can't answer a question about on computers....a question that has nothing to do with their vehicle? A question that should be on a 'techy' forum?
If it's that easy...why are you asking it?

[Spit] [LOL]

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#621547 - 22/02/07 08:12 AM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wasn't really asking that question, myself. It was a question posed in the Off-Topic forum, and was just meant to be an illustration of how inept the individuals in said forum were. The example I mentioned was also put forth out of complete and total frustration, so I don't expect it to make any sense whatsoever.

It's called a rant. Sometimes they are nonsensical.

#621548 - 22/02/07 11:03 AM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

clubfrontier.net is a street-oriented, low-rider, wanna' be messageboard. They don't actually work on their vehicles over there; they pay someone else to do it, and then talk about stuff they have no idea about...

I'd recommend N4W, NOR, and Brent's personal favorite, "Google," to answer most, if not all of your technical questions.

#621549 - 25/02/07 10:02 AM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
clubfrontier.net is a street-oriented, low-rider, wanna' be messageboard. They don't actually work on their vehicles over there; they pay someone else to do it, and then talk about stuff they have no idea about...
I beg to differ on that.

Most people over there however, are of an older age group, not into hacking up there trucks, doing a SAS , revolving shackles, and 35" tires.

CF is more of a frontier owners club network, not lets make my truck completely un streetable club.

You also have a truck with little to no after market support, and a still fairly new design. Not to mention the site is still "young".

I did my own SAS on my 4runner, countless other swaps, build race cars, tune cars, etc. and I own a 05 frontier, still under warranty. It is my first "new" rig. I will of course go to the dealer every chance I get to fix problems with it. Why should I do it myself when the option to have them fix it is there? After all, thats why I paid so much, might as well stick it to them. I mean hell, you took yours to the dealer for a stiff steering issue right?

Oh, this will really piss you all off. Since I was given lifetime oil changes for my X, and Frontier from the dealer, guess what I do? I take them there for their oil changes **gasp** the horror.

#621550 - 28/11/07 08:48 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

dude i have no idea what your beef is but for the 05+ frontier , i think clubfrontier has it pretty well covered , nissan4wheelers are probably the most knowledgeable but they all mostly drive hardbodies or 1st gens even they arent to familiar with 05+

so what was your actual question about your frontier , or are u just complaining cause u posted in the off topic forum and didnt get the answer u wanted about a computer? dumb reason to complain about a forum and start a thread about it on another site

#621551 - 28/11/07 09:06 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holy res-erected, dead thread batman!

But seeing as how I just saw this...

Quote:
I mean hell, you took yours to the dealer for a stiff steering issue right?
No. I didn't. I bought a modified TK1 steering centerlink, did some work on it myself, replaced that after about a year with a used SLR centerlink, ran that for about a year, then cut the whole damn suspension & steering off the truck completely...

[Finger]

#621552 - 28/11/07 09:06 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by penski61:
so what was your actual question about your frontier , or are u just complaining cause u posted in the off topic forum and didnt get the answer u wanted about a computer? dumb reason to complain about a forum and start a thread about it on another site
You should let it go, man. This is just way too long to be holding all this in.

ps--u suck at typing

#621553 - 28/11/07 09:10 PM Re: Clubfrontier.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah i know i suck at typing lol , and i just saw this thread , and i dont think a forum should get a bad wrap cause one guy got some bad info about a computer thats all

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal