2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#621871 - 14/02/08 05:01 PM Yet another college shooting.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

#621872 - 14/02/08 05:18 PM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

well if you think about its one of the best places to do a shooting because no one but maybe the campus police are allowed to carry. Here at UH we only have a Campus Security and they do not carry. The wonderful Liberal state of Hawaii doesn't even allow anyone to get a CCW Permit. Sad day thou none the less.

#621873 - 14/02/08 05:30 PM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
And here's a shocker, the guy used a shotgun.

Guess we need to ban them too!

Gun Free Zones, gotta love em.

They say there was no motive. Of course there was. If you loose it and want to kill, you go where there are sheep in a pasture, not wolves. Gun Free Zone are not "safe zones" for our children.

#621874 - 14/02/08 06:04 PM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
And here's a shocker, the guy used a shotgun.

Guess we need to ban them too!

Gun Free Zones, gotta love em.

They say there was no motive. Of course there was. If you loose it and want to kill, you go where there are sheep in a pasture, not wolves. Gun Free Zone are not "safe zones" for our children.
Unfortunately, nobody who makes laws thinks like that... all they know how to do is ban ban ban.... and they don't even typically ban the weapons that are used in the events that cause the laws to be made.... They'll probably use this as an excuse to take another crack at banning 50 caliber rifles [LOL]

#621875 - 14/02/08 06:47 PM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Damn... I feel bad for the victims...

frown

#621876 - 14/02/08 08:02 PM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

This sucks, but Kaiser is dead on.

#621877 - 14/02/08 08:13 PM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

NIU is 5 miles from my house. The news helicopters were pretty loud when I got home tonight about 6pm.

We heard about it at work almost real time and had a lock down in our buildings at work ( why I don't know ).

This is a pretty small town.

#621878 - 15/02/08 06:41 AM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
well if you think about its one of the best places to do a shooting because no one but maybe the campus police are allowed to carry. Here at UH we only have a Campus Security and they do not carry. The wonderful Liberal state of Hawaii doesn't even allow anyone to get a CCW Permit. Sad day thou none the less.
Actually, Hawaii is a may issue state. There are only two states in the nation that do not issue ANY concealed carry permits: Wisconsin (odd, never would have guessed it would have been Wisconsin...) and...are ya ready for it???

Illinois...shocker.

#621879 - 15/02/08 07:03 AM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

From what I've heard (just picked up my newspaper) the gunman targeted girls for the most part. Rumor is that one of the girls was possibly an ex-girlfriend.. again rumor. How sick though... I wouldn't be surprised if that twisted fuck premeditated this for Valentines Day specifically. mad [ThumbsDown]

It doesn't sit well with me that I now have to consider myself lucky that I didn't experience this during my college days. Anyone else had this thought?

#621880 - 15/02/08 07:08 AM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

The best and most accurate information is located at the schools website. www.niu.edu

#621881 - 15/02/08 07:17 AM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gun Free Zone = Target Rich Environment

It's sad how these events are becomming a norm. I remember how shocked I was when I was watching Columbine. Not shocking any more.

#621882 - 15/02/08 09:31 AM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tyler, yea May issue.. right. in the 50 some odd years Hawaii has been a state one has never been issued. Not saying that at you but it just pisses me off.

Now time for me to go to class. Perhaps I should just enlist and go to Iraq at least there I can defend myself.

#621883 - 15/02/08 09:41 AM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
Illinois is very anti-gun because of our suck ass Governor.

#621884 - 15/02/08 09:43 AM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
NIU is my alma mater. Seven of the best years of my life were spent there.

My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

One of the deceased lived in my town, too. It doesn't get much closer to home than this.

frown

#621885 - 15/02/08 10:23 AM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
It seems this was another guy who was "off his meds".

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i72zWlWRLvc1ejGI5WpefItEjKCAD8UQRPIO0

Almost every single one of these types of incidents are committed by people taking some form of psychotropic medication.

There is obviously a direct correlation with the rise in the number of these types of incidents in recent years to the rise in the number of people within the population being prescribed various forms of psychotropic drugs.

It's time society take a serious look at this instead of crying about gun laws every time something like this occurs.

#621886 - 15/02/08 10:35 AM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
This guy wasn't a kid but my wife is a jr. high/middle school teacher and I'm always shocked when she tells me the number of kids in school who take some type of mood altering medication. It's seems like 1/4 of the kids now days are on prozac or some mood altering drug. When I was in school there may have been 1 in a class or something that had issues like that.

Maybe we are becoming a little over medicated?

#621887 - 15/02/08 10:47 AM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:

This guy wasn't a kid but my wife is a jr. high/middle school teacher and I'm always shocked when she tells me the number of kids in school who take some type of mood altering medication. It's seems like 1/4 of the kids now days are on prozac or some mood altering drug. When I was in school there may have been 1 in a class or something that had issues like that.

Maybe we are becoming a little over medicated?
There is no doubt that society is being over medicated.

With kids the big drug they put them on is Ritalin. Especially boys.

My sister in law is a psychologist in the NYC Public School system. You would be shocked at the number of kids being drugged.

Unfortunately it's the school administration system themselves that seems very open and willing toward this trend. Since children receive little discipline in the home these days, there has been a trend to diagnose them with ADHD. Then they can be drugged.

#621888 - 15/02/08 11:03 AM Re: Yet another college shooting.....
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Another very sad day for families who should have had no reason to fear their loved ones were in danger.

And just another day on XOC...nearly 20 posts in the thread and less than 5 expressions of sorrow or sadness for the victims. Plenty of people pushing agendas though. We must not have many anti-gunners on XOC though...seems to be all "if we only had more guns, this wouldn't happen". And who knows, maybe it wouldn't.

Here's the thing...I think you're right. I wish you weren't but as the Colorado church shooting showed, a responsible person with the means to stop the freak can do it. Still, could you at least use a frown before jumping on your soapboxes and waving your concealed weapons around? :rolleyes:

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal