shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#622467 - 15/04/07 08:19 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
I think you would have been better off just claiming that some pro-drug propaganda documentary wishes to make the false claim that cops wish to end drug prohibition. It's a bullshit article about a complete bullshit so-called documentary.

That article is nothing but propaganda pushing like minded propaganda.

Since when does an organization "supposedly" consisting of 7000 law enforcement professionals speak for the entire law enforcement community? It only happens in a propaganda piece.

Do you have any idea how many people are employed in law enforcement capacities in the US alone? 7000 people would represent a tiny percentage. Hardly even a justification to make any claim regarding what police or the law enforcement community may or may not support.

#622468 - 16/04/07 02:45 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I just posted the article that goes well with this thread.

You don't have to worry about this, no government will risk loosing the next election by legalizing drugs. Politicians may talk about it, but all they do is talk. So all we will see is long debates and status quo.

The only time you will see this change is if there is a political or financial gain for the politicians. Arguments from both sides, good or bad, are irrelevant for politicians, it's what they have to gain that matters to them.

#622469 - 16/04/07 04:36 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MarGinJoey:
"F" that. It's a drug. It's illegal, and needs to stay that way.

EDIT= Reason for statement..... The wife and I (son wasnt born yet) and a family member were rear ended bad in downtown Newark quite a few years back. A 35 yr old woman let her 15 year old BOYFRIEND drive her "first new car", he was stoned (and arrested), and 15.... Asshole coulda killed us.

Again I say "F" that. It's a drug. It's illegal, and needs to stay that way.

My 2cents
MGJ
and nicotine is NOT a drug? If I remember my statistics correctly, smoking (cigarettes that is) is the 4th leading cause of preventable death in North America.

I say legalize it. The only thing is, what will Bush do with all the extra taxes? scary.

#622470 - 16/04/07 09:48 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The people too have spoken. In two consecutive general elections, Arizona voters voted to legalize marijuana for medical purposes. Both times, the legislature went against the will of the people and overturned the propositions.

Put into the right context, I believe the majority of Americans would be in favor of limited legalization.

That's fact. In Arizona, it was approved by a landslide both times.

#622471 - 16/04/07 09:54 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
What about a brewmaster? He may enjoy the buzz but he's not drinking to get a buzz.
Unfortunatley, the brewmaster is tasting, not drinking.

In addition, the brewmaster is drinking because it's his job, and you can not compare a job to a casual situation.

That's like saying Police officers are allowed to have guns and bodyarmor and can walk into a bank with them, so everyone should be allowed to have guns and bodyarmor and walk into banks with them. :rolleyes:

#622472 - 02/08/07 04:14 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

#622473 - 02/08/07 06:35 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The main reason it is still illegal IMO is the fact that people can grow it in their backyard and forgo paying taxes on it. It is also difficult to test from a DUI perspective. It's all about that dollar. Can I get an Amen?

#622474 - 02/08/07 07:04 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
PAUL, YOU ALRIGHT BUDDY?
[Smoking]
The full 911 call. [Spit]

#622475 - 02/08/07 07:27 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

And while we're on the topic... This kid has the funniest mugshot ever. click me

#622476 - 02/08/07 08:27 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by B.:
And while we're on the topic... This kid has the funniest mugshot ever. click me

I think I've had that same grin. laugh

#622477 - 02/08/07 08:37 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
GrayHam Offline

#622478 - 02/08/07 08:48 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Claus Offline

#622479 - 02/08/07 08:59 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

#622480 - 03/08/07 04:27 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
How many of you who favor legalization of pot are in favor of repealing the gun control act of 1968? Other than Kaiser. You can have your pot as long as I can buy a machine gun made last year without having to be a dealer. That way when you get high and do something stupid like threaten me - and most pot heads can be drawn into making threats against someone's life - I have a fighting chance. In reality, folks, it can't be tested for on the streets. How would you like to have to go to the hospital to have blood drawn every time you get pulled over? Probable cause to administer a breathalyzer is the appearance of being intoxicated. For pot, that means a needle in the arm. If you're a known offender, it's even more likely you'll get stuck for every traffic stop. If they legalize it, I want to see heavy taxation and heavy punishment for tax evasion. Most dealers currently could be charged with tax evasion, unless they are reporting the income from the pot sales.

#622481 - 03/08/07 07:36 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

""like threaten me - and most pot heads can be drawn into making threats against someone's life ""

Um yeah. I think we may need protection from YOU.

#622482 - 03/08/07 08:18 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by InfX708:
How many of you who favor legalization of pot are in favor of repealing the gun control act of 1968? Other than Kaiser. You can have your pot as long as I can buy a machine gun made last year without having to be a dealer. That way when you get high and do something stupid like threaten me - and most pot heads can be drawn into making threats against someone's life - I have a fighting chance. In reality, folks, it can't be tested for on the streets. How would you like to have to go to the hospital to have blood drawn every time you get pulled over? Probable cause to administer a breathalyzer is the appearance of being intoxicated. For pot, that means a needle in the arm. If you're a known offender, it's even more likely you'll get stuck for every traffic stop. If they legalize it, I want to see heavy taxation and heavy punishment for tax evasion. Most dealers currently could be charged with tax evasion, unless they are reporting the income from the pot sales.
I usually agree with you man, but I know A LOT of people that smoke and i've NEVER seen anyone be agressive at all while high. Now alcohol and "harder" drugs on the other hand are a different story. I'd rather make alcohol illegal and legalize pot purely from the health and social risks involved with each.

#622483 - 03/08/07 09:56 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do I think it should be legal? I don't know where I stand on that. I do know that I used to smoke it by the bale when I was in college. Compared to drinking, I think weed is far less dangerous etc. I've never heard of anyone being accused of being a "mean high". I don't think people call off work or skip classes because they got stoned the night before, as opposed to being drunk. I never had a high hangover. At most I've woken up with a cough, cottonmouth and a belly ache from eating a bag of Funyons, a box of Little Debbies, a pint of Ben & Jerrys, large cheese pizza and half a box of Lucky Charms. Like they say...
"Marijuanna leads to other things....like junk food"

People get drunk and drive. I don't know, for me, when I was high, I wasn't going anywhere...far too lazy. Going somewhere takes effort. Not saying that people don't get high and drive, I would just bet that very few less do than drink and drive.

My main argument, is that booze is legal. It's something that is manufactured, sold and drank. People get wasted on it. Weed is just a plant that you smoke, and basically the gubment says "You can not smoke this plant". I've heard theres a new plant/flower whatever that people are smoking now and gets you much worse than weed..I think it even makes you hallucinate (sp)... is that going to be illegal now? Maybe a silly example, but if I went into my backyard, pulled some leaves off my lilac tree, dried them, smoked them and got a cool high, then told all my buddies and it caught on, are lilacs going to be illigal?

BTW...I fully blame any grammitikul errors in this post on my stoner years. [Smoking] laugh

#622484 - 03/08/07 10:21 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
...You can have your pot as long as I can buy a machine gun made last year without having to be a dealer. That way when you get high and do something stupid like threaten me - and most pot heads can be drawn into making threats against someone's life - I have a fighting chance...
[LOL]

So, apparently you need a fully-automatic weapon to have a "fighting chance" against a pot head. Try a bag of Funyuns instead - they are just as deadly to a pot head.

FYI, I've seen plenty of drunk people become irate/aggressive, yet I've never seen a stoner start a fight.

#622485 - 03/08/07 10:42 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey, I know what side of the fence you're on as a "never used it before" hardcore military guy, and I respect that. I did my time in the service too, however, you're way off on this one. The only agression out of a pothead you'll see is towards an unsuspecting pizza or a bag of Doritos.

I'm pro gun too. I vote republican, though my leanings are far more liberatarian. I'm conservative in most of my beliefs, however, the war on drugs was lost before it started. Our government wastes more money prosecuting and incarcerating relatively harmless drug users than you can imagine. Think if that money were directed towards the fight on terrorism instead.

Legalize it all. Tax the shit out of it. Make it affordable enough and available enough to put the drug dealers on the street out of business. By doing so you eliminate the criminal element from this.

Users are users whether it's legal or not. Remember that, it's important. As a society, we can continue letting this issue chip away at our tax dollars fighting it, or we can turn it into something profitable through the tax revenue it could generate.

If you think potheads are aggressive, you truly have bought into all the bullshit propaganda that's been fed to you by the war on drugs campaign.

Do some research and find out what most of your violent criminals were under the influence of. My bet is that you'll find alcohol is the #1.

#622486 - 03/08/07 10:44 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
[[/qb]
FYI, I've seen plenty of drunk people become irate/aggressive, yet I've never seen a stoner start a fight.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Ever try to fight in a pair of Birkenstocks? Besides, we don't want to get blood on our Phish show tye-dyes.

Worst I ever had was the thought, "Man, I would kill for a grilled cheese sammie right now".

#622487 - 03/08/07 12:31 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have yet to hear someone defend legalizing it without referencing alcohol in some way or another with their argument. Until someone does, it ain't going to happen. It reminds me of the Vick supporters using hunting to support dog fighting.

#622488 - 03/08/07 12:41 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have yet to hear someone defend legalizing it without referencing alcohol in some way or another with their argument. Until someone does, it ain't going to happen. It reminds me of the Vick supporters using hunting to support dog fighting.
So booze should be illegal then? Or am I misunderstanding you?

I think it should be legalized because I don't think it's anybody's business but mine if I want to smoke pot. It doesn't hurt anybody else. I guess I just don't like it when the government tries to manage my life for me. Plus, as a practical matter the government is giving up one hell of a lot of tax revenue. I sure wouldn't mind seeing my income taxes or social security taxes go down because the government had a new source of revenue...

#622489 - 03/08/07 12:41 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Alcohol and weed comparison is legit. If by your Vick example, you mean that both are the recreational killing of an animal, then that's way off base. One is the death of an animal for pure entertainment. The other is a "harvesting", that yes, provides a form of "entertainment", but yet still is a harvest.

If I have the example wrong, then bad on me, sorry.

#622490 - 03/08/07 12:48 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
How can you not compare it to things like alcohol that are legal? What about cigarettes or the thousands of other prescription drugs that you can take that can be harmful to you physically and mentally? Why does the government get to decide what I can ingest? No, I truly believe pot is illegal because it's completely uncontrollable. It grows anywhere. You can't control something like that, nor can you make any money off of it. You need a license to grow tobacco, and tobacco needs a certain type of soil/climate for it to prosper. You can brew beer in small quantities without federal/state licenses, but distilling "hard" alcohol is completely illegal, and it's also alot more difficult to brew beer and distill potable alcohol than it is to grow a weed.

If the state/federal government could control it, it would be legal. I do not think it has anything to do with any "health concern", not when I can spend $5.00 and OD on tylenol.

#622491 - 03/08/07 02:10 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
The point is, people try to make a case by using the two wrongs make a right argument. Who the hell cares if alcohol or tobacco is legal or not? It has nothing to do with marijuana and is a whole different discussion. Give us reasons as to why marijuana is healthy enough for everyone and should therefore be legal? No one can, so they resort to the "it's safer than such and such, so why not?". The only thing I hear is about all the money from taxes. Again, who cares? Money should not be a factor on something that affects the health and safety of everyone. If it's something that's going to be made legal for my son as he gets older, I'd like to hear why it would be safe for him. When you make something legal, you make it legal for everyone... not just what you do in your own time. For those that remember or have re-read this thread, I've already mentioned my bad experiences with it so I'm all for keeping it illegal until someone can show me otherwise without comparing it to something else.

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal