shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#628036 - 11/10/06 09:18 AM Changing XP Language
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a customer that wants to change his windows XP Home base language from Russian to English. It is a legit version as it comes from an OEM laptop manufacturer (toshiba). He doesn't just want to be able to type in english, he wants to be able to run the laptop as if it was an english computer, while retaining some of his currently installed programs in cyrilic. Any ideas out there...?

#628037 - 11/10/06 09:43 AM Re: Changing XP Language
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ran into that before way back in the day. I wanted to change mine from Russian to English and I ended up reinstalling windows, the Enginlish version, that is. And then I found a program that I was using so that I could run some of my Russian soft. still.

This was way back in the day and sory I I wasn't really helpful.

#628038 - 11/10/06 09:47 AM Re: Changing XP Language
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Start | Settings | Control Panel | Regional Settings.

On the Advanced tab he needs to change the drop down box to English. Then on the Languages tab I belive he needs to do the same.

He might need a language pack but I'm not sure.
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#628039 - 11/10/06 09:49 AM Re: Changing XP Language
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by hattrik21:
Start | Settings | Control Panel | Regional Settings.

On the Advanced tab he needs to change the drop down box to English. Then on the Languages tab I belive he needs to do the same.

He might need a language pack but I'm not sure.
This doesn't work as he will be running windows natively in russian, but have english capabilities. He basically wants it the other way around.....

#628040 - 11/10/06 03:02 PM Re: Changing XP Language
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
There are different versions of XP distributed in different countries (they have different SKU's). You will need to reinstall with the English Language version. Occasionally, they sell products with a MultiLanguage SKU, but I didn't find one for XP (at least under Volume Licensing). You can try contacting Microsoft to see if they'll let you swap, but I doubt you'll luck with that. Most likely you'll be buying a new copy.

#628041 - 11/10/06 04:07 PM Re: Changing XP Language
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah that's kind of what I figured as well, but thought someone else might have had a cure for this.

Thanks for the help guys smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal