shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#628107 - 10/12/07 11:47 PM Re: Call of Duty 4
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Southernx7:
Just... Hurley_
Server must have been having issues tonight. Host game kept ending. Also, sometimes when you we're inviting and I would join it said the server was full. Grrrrr. Oh, well. Try again tomorrow night.
A lot of times the game ends because the host, whoever it is leaves. Usually they are getting beat. It is the one thing I dislike about it online. You are halfway through a game and it ends. Another thing I dislike is being put in the middle of an ending game and your team loses. There are times I just pick a class and the game ends in a loss which goes on my record. Not that I am winning any money over my score but sucks all the same for someone really into it.

I wish I could just host a public game that I control completely. Now you have to make a party which is good to play with your friends but then you have to go through the matchmaking process and then games and crap end early. I sort of miss my olden days of playing on msn game zone where you had a room so to speak you and your friends or whoever entered and you launched the game. Once in you set map, game style, etc.

Maybe it is just me....

#628108 - 11/12/07 03:12 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
I wish I could just host a public game that I control completely. Now you have to make a party which is good to play with your friends but then you have to go through the matchmaking process and then games and crap end early. I sort of miss my olden days of playing on msn game zone where you had a room so to speak you and your friends or whoever entered and you launched the game. Once in you set map, game style, etc.

Maybe it is just me....
You can do all that, you just won't get ranking from it. That prevents people from farming stats. Just make a party, and host a private game, leave slots for friends.

There is also word of a patch soon to fix dropped hosts, where it hands off to the next best connection to continue the game.

#628109 - 11/12/07 07:22 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
Paul H Offline

Yeah but everyone wants the stats lol.

I do agree it is a good idea to keep people from doing that though.

Guess will have to try out th private game thing.

So who wants to set a time to all play?

#628110 - 11/12/07 08:12 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Anyone playing this on the PS3, or is everyone playing COD4 online on the Xbox360?

I'm online on a regular basis, but only for the PS3.

#628111 - 11/12/07 08:14 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by fog:
There is also word of a patch soon to fix dropped hosts, where it hands off to the next best connection to continue the game.
I certainly hope this happens. Just as in COD 3, the host leaves the game and the connection jumps to another player. DO IT!!!

They also need to work on the quality of connections to the server (or something). I don't know exactly how it works or is connected but it seems that it happens way too often that the connection icon comes up flashing and the game goes away. I don't believe it's my connection because the entire room closes. Get 'er done.

It would also be nice if they could change it so if you invite someone into a game that they join your party instead of having to get people to join before you leave to find a game. The way it stands...you can do an invite and the person can end up on the other team, which sucks.

Still a great game that needs a couple of kinks worked out.

#628112 - 11/12/07 11:10 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Southernx7:
Just... Hurley_
Server must have been having issues tonight. Host game kept ending. Also, sometimes when you we're inviting and I would join it said the server was full. Grrrrr. Oh, well. Try again tomorrow night.
Yeah, it happends. I hope they figure it out. Some nights it's fast... other nights, like last night, its way too slow.

#628113 - 11/12/07 12:48 PM Re: Call of Duty 4
Anonymous
Unregistered

I randomly ended up in a game with BigE515 and I even killed him once. smile I still like COD 3 better. The live servers were awful but once in a good big game it was amazing with the tanks, jeeps, motorcycles, etc. Sometimes the big games now are just you getting shot over and over again by different snipers..

#628114 - 11/12/07 01:48 PM Re: Call of Duty 4
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
I randomly ended up in a game with BigE515 and I even killed him once. smile I still like COD 3 better. The live servers were awful but once in a good big game it was amazing with the tanks, jeeps, motorcycles, etc. Sometimes the big games now are just you getting shot over and over again by different snipers..
Yeah,but when you sneak up on them while they are hiding and shank em, that feels good laugh . I hate the "campers"

#628115 - 11/12/07 06:22 PM Re: Call of Duty 4
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
Anyone playing this on the PS3, or is everyone playing COD4 online on the Xbox360?

I'm online on a regular basis, but only for the PS3.
Yep. I'm on ps3 so is Just... and the other guys posting on this page.

#628116 - 11/12/07 06:27 PM Re: Call of Duty 4
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
I'm on tonight at 10:00 camper hunting time laugh

#628117 - 12/12/07 07:52 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
Paul H Offline

I am on 360.

And agree snipers drive me up the wall. Take two steps and I die, watch the replay and some sniper got me. Pussies. You scare um up it is funny to watch um run and try and shoot you with the psitol because they have no skill.

I snipe every once in a while just for a change of pace but hate it.

#628118 - 12/12/07 12:59 PM Re: Call of Duty 4
XterrAZ Offline

I saw you in a game last night. Sorry we didn't get to play longer...we'll hook up again soon. Send invites when you see me and I'll do the same.

We like to get one of us to invite people into a party and then go look for a game...that way we're all playing on the same side. Only problem with it is most people don't like to jump out of a game when an invite comes and the other people don't like to wait. The right timing makes all the difference...

#628119 - 12/12/07 02:23 PM Re: Call of Duty 4
Paul H Offline

Yeah that is my problem I send out invites but hate waiting so guess we need to set a time which is hard as I play at different times throughout lol.

Ah well will keep firing invites out.

#628120 - 13/12/07 03:01 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's the only way party matchmaking works on Live. Bungie created it with Halo 2, expanded on it in Halo 3, and COD4 does it now too. Very few other games do (you have to invite for every single game, which sucks).

Make your party first. Go grab a beer. Then stay grouped all night. If someone comes on in the middle of a game, open a voice chat with them and keep them entertained until your game ends. When it does, the leader drops out, and everyone follows, then add the new guy.

#628121 - 13/12/07 08:28 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
Paul H Offline

yeah I know. It works well just hate waiting lol.

#628122 - 15/12/07 04:50 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any one get to prestige yet? i'm about 2000ish points away. I'm wondering "what choices" you have to make. I know i can just wait..but i would like to know laugh

#628123 - 15/12/07 05:49 PM Re: Call of Duty 4
XterrAZ Offline

The choice you have to make is whether or not to go "prestige".

If you do...you give up all you have earned...well, not all. You keep your kills, points, etc but lose all your weapons and achievments. You basically start over. As you level up, the icons for each level are different from the first round.

I've been at level 55 for a while now. I'm not ready to give it all up yet and I'm still trying to complete challenges so I'll probably be here for a bit.

#628124 - 16/12/07 07:02 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
Anonymous
Unregistered

Prestige sucks... I knew what i was getting into but, sheesh. I love getting 30 points per match again, even with 18 kills [Freak] I figured i would level up quick enough, not so true. I think i would have liked to stay at 55.

I am officially a hardcore geek. laugh

#628125 - 16/12/07 07:53 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Closed the store, snowed in....lokks like I'll be ranking up today! laugh

#628126 - 16/12/07 08:59 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
BigE515 Offline

Got my M-14 and red dot sights!!!!
I want to get the real thing! laugh

#628127 - 17/12/07 08:22 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
Paul H Offline

I still cant get into the m14.

My fav med to long range is the m16 so far.

Med to small is the p90 or ak74 or mini uzi.

Not huge fan of shottys only usually use them just for exp points or on shippment in headquarters.

But I prestiged again so back to square one...

#628128 - 17/12/07 02:08 PM Re: Call of Duty 4
Anonymous
Unregistered

The M14 has improve my aim across almost all my other weapons. I use it mostly for med-long range maps. My tip for the M14 is the red dot cross hair and aim for the head. I would say the majority of the shots I get with the M14 are head shots. It works well on maps like crossfire and bog.

#628129 - 17/12/07 02:13 PM Re: Call of Duty 4
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh and a tip on crossfire:
If you start on top of the hill (wear flag A is on domination) run to the corner of the hill and pick people off as the cross there way to B (M14 shines good in this area). It doesn't work so well the opposite way since if you start at flag A since they get to run through buildings to B.

#628130 - 17/12/07 08:28 PM Re: Call of Duty 4
BigE515 Offline

My favs so far-the M16 and the M-14. I'm not a big sniper fan but the sound of the Barret .50 is awesome!

#628131 - 23/12/07 09:23 AM Re: Call of Duty 4
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Where the hell have I been! I had no idea this thread was here! F*&K! Anyhoo, I picked this up for PC on the opening day and got to level 55 about a month ago. Has anyone done the latest download yet? They turned the "crash" map into a Christmas winter wonderland and it's AWESOME! When an air strike is called in, it is supposed to sound like Santa going overhead with a bunch of jingle bells.

Also, there is no prestige mode for PC which I'm not upset about. My buddy's kid asked me the other day if I got there yet and I was uhhhh... huh? I checked it out on his 360 and sure enough..

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal