2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#630059 - 09/07/07 05:48 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:
Hey Porsche......

HALO 3!!!!!! MoFo!!!!!!!! [Finger]

Tim
Who gives a shiite...

I've never been a fan of 1st person shooters on a console...

Come to think of it, don't really play 1st person shooters in general.

So whoopeedeedoo...

#630060 - 09/07/07 08:59 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a PC FPS player. Point and click. I can't stand the controls for FPS' on consoles.

I find it rather odd that people are defending the evil empire that is Microsoft.

Competition is a good thing for all the consumers. If X-Box and the PS3 stay viable then that would be better for all of us.

#630061 - 09/07/07 09:53 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah the only reason I never considered a PS3 was due to the price. Wii was along ways out and the 360 would work with my Xbox games (most of em at least).

#630062 - 10/07/07 05:51 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

$100 off... no thanks.

Even though the Wii doesn't have dvd capabilities, I feel like it's the superior system. Being able to interact with the games is far more interesting to me than having graphics that are sharper.

The game I'll be anxious to see is Metroid.

#630063 - 10/07/07 06:43 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just think it's too early to say which console will still be around in 3 years, heavily. I think it's pretty clear all 3 will be, though. The games are what's going to make the difference; always is.

Right now, the Wii is kicking arse, but once the games really start cranking out, I think the better graphics of the Xbox and the PS will kick start their sales a lot. Kind of how the PS2 and the Xbox kicked the snot out of the Cube. Just the Wii's sales took everybody by surprise; but it's just a gimmick. Looking at their weekly sales tracking, the Wii has dropped to the same sales rate as the other two, and is in a huge down-spiral. They got their initials out, but now the other big 2 are going to take over.

#630064 - 10/07/07 07:45 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
You make a good point. Once the software catches up to the hardware, we might see a shift away from the Wii. I've been disappointed that it's taken Halo3 and GTAIV so long to come out, but maybe that shows it's taking a while for the software to catch up. Hell, NCAA Football was incomplete last year and still might not be 100% complete this year (but at least they finally added Jones Stadium laugh ). This Christmas should tell us whether or not the Wii is the real deal or not.

#630065 - 10/07/07 07:52 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I truely believe that Nintendo are stalling on Wii production on purpose so they can flood the market at Christmas this year and take the honors for the hot Christmas gift for the 2nd year straight. They are still very difficult to find in stores and sell out immediately when the stores around here get any stock. I think the sales figures for the Wii are engineered by Nintendo right now.

#630066 - 10/07/07 08:33 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Imo all 3 systems are severely lacking a good library of games. I have more fun with Wii's Virtual Console and Wii Sports than anything on the shelves at this point. smile

#630067 - 10/07/07 09:49 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

X2 Merle.... our Wii deal came with Zelda, havent even opened it yet. tried Mario Party, but the damn thing only see's ONE controller no matter what I do to the others....

Otherwise, ever kid in the neighborhood has a Mii on our console, and they've been there everyday since he got it.... They've all gotten quite good at it too.....

My favorite is Tennis and Boxing, but man, you really can work up a sweat, especially boxing...

MGJ

#630068 - 10/07/07 01:41 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey MGJ... Zelda's a fine game! [ThumbsUp]

If you're looking for another game that's innovative and kid friendly check out:

Elebits - Very very kid friendly! I think it has a battle mode and it utilizes the remote in very interesting ways. Opening simple things like doors and cabinets are such a blast! laugh I wouldn't buy it because it's a very short game but it's so worth renting!! [ThumbsUp]

#630069 - 10/07/07 06:20 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I must say that from my experience from the Wii:

The graphics are painfully bad. I'm not saying that they were going for graphics, but come on, I'm not sure they even got to PS2 standards.

Zelda was a terrible game compared to games like Resistance or even Halo *gasp*. If you are going to interact with a game, the actions should match, at least a little, what the controller does.

I dunno, personally, I thought the Wii was a piece of crap.

#630070 - 10/07/07 08:20 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
I must say that from my experience from the Wii:

The graphics are painfully bad. I'm not saying that they were going for graphics, but come on, I'm not sure they even got to PS2 standards.

Zelda was a terrible game compared to games like Resistance or even Halo *gasp*. If you are going to interact with a game, the actions should match, at least a little, what the controller does.

Wow, about the only person I know who's had that reaction after playing one. The Wii isn't supposed to be about amazing 3d graphics, it's about the interaction with the games you get with the Wiimote in my opinion. I can get more enjoyment out of a game of Wii Bowling than I ever could out of Lamo 3. Can't really see what the fuss is about with Halo myself - I thought 1 and 2 were utter crap. Gears of War or COD3 on the 360 are way more appealing as FPS to me.

#630071 - 10/07/07 09:05 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Quote:
[b]I must say that from my experience from the Wii:

Wow, about the only person I know who's had that reaction after playing one. The Wii isn't supposed to be about amazing 3d graphics, it's about the interaction with the games you get with the Wiimote in my opinion. I can get more enjoyment out of a game of Wii Bowling than I ever could out of Lamo 3. Can't really see what the fuss is about with Halo myself - I thought 1 and 2 were utter crap. Gears of War or COD3 on the 360 are way more appealing as FPS to me.[/b]
I will admit that tennis was fun.

I guess I've only played the first Halo, but it was fun to play. I don't have access to Xbox any more, but I never got to play many games on xbox or 360's. The one time I got to play a 360, it crapped out on us in the middle of the game. That's why I won't buy a 360. I also like God of War and Prince of Persia. I guess those are more Zelda like games.

#630072 - 10/07/07 10:00 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Fortunately, great gameplay has nothing to do with graphics. Hell, I can still pull my old Atari 2600 out and enjoy an hour or three of Yar's Revenge...

If you have to have "good graphics" to enjoy a game, yours must be a narrow world indeed frown

#630073 - 11/07/07 08:00 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahh...

I can remember the good 'ol days when playing video games meant driving a car you'd never be able to afford, or playing on a pro football team, or all sorts of things you can't do in real life.

And I can remember when you wanted to go BOWLING or play TENNIS, you got your fat ass out of the living room and just went and did it...

#630074 - 11/07/07 08:06 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Ahh...

I can remember the good 'ol days when playing video games meant driving a car you'd never be able to afford, or playing on a pro football team, or all sorts of things you can't do in real life.

And I can remember when you wanted to go BOWLING or play TENNIS, you got your fat ass out of the living room and just went and did it...
You get alot more exercise playing Wii games than you do sitting motionless bug eyed staring at the screen playing Gaylo3

#630075 - 11/07/07 08:26 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW! This took off didnt it???

I WAS IN THE PS2 CAMP, hoping and praying PS3 would kill XBOX360 and Wii........... I had high hopes for it. As a UTILITY based MULTIMEDIA MACHINE, great job, as a gaming machine, waaay overpriced. Regardless of ALL the things it does, it is competing with Nintendo and Microshaft. No matter what the device does extra....... it has GAMES.

Now, the Wii's graphics stink, no question... but its strong points are the interactivity of the device... The controller inputs are not flawless, but way way better than I thought we would have gotten.

I am in the WII camp right now.. havent even hooked up the classic controller, and havent even gone online yet, (*frankly no reason from what I've read, other than to let your Mii wander the network??? (NAH!))

MGJ

#630076 - 11/07/07 11:19 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

As soon as somebody makes a game for the PS3 that takes advantage of its motion controllers (other than in a gimmicky fashion), you can forget about the Wii... I honestly don't know why no company has put out some crappy bowling or tennis game for the PS3, considering how well they seem to be doing on the Wii.

Heck, most people don't even know the PS3 controllers are motion sensitive...

#630077 - 11/07/07 11:22 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Quote:
[b]Ahh...

You get alot more exercise playing Wii games than you do sitting motionless bug eyed staring at the screen playing Gaylo3[/b]
You get even more if you just go to a bowling alley or a tennis court...

[Finger]

#630078 - 11/07/07 12:49 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

MGJ... using Wii Connect 24 has its advantages.

1. Wii Weather
2. Wii News 24
3. Virtual Console

Oh and for everyone who's posting which system is the best (myself included [Laughing] ) this one goes out to you

"Kiss my ass! I hate you all!!!" - Silky Johnson the Player Hater of the Year 2005.

#630079 - 11/07/07 01:19 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

What's "virtual console"?

#630080 - 11/07/07 01:52 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Merle, 5 truckies for using "virtual console" in a reply... ahahah

Anyway.
1. Wii Weather (I have TV for that)
2. Wii News 24 (I have TV for that)
3. Virtual Console (not worth re-running my nic cable again)

You forget...
4. Letting our collective "Mii's" wander from machine to machine...... but really, I dont want the Wii on the 'net just yet....

MGJ

#630081 - 11/07/07 08:04 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Not analogous at all.

The Wii controller has an IR sensor so the Wii actually knows "where" the controller is, not just what direction it's moving in.

Sony's last-minute pathetic attempt to mimic the Wii isn't comparable in the least.

Here's a thought, instead of talking out your ass go visit a friend with a Wii - the differences will become quite obvious.

#630082 - 11/07/07 08:20 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
As soon as somebody makes a game for the PS3 that takes advantage of its motion controllers (other than in a gimmicky fashion), you can forget about the Wii... I honestly don't know why no company has put out some crappy bowling or tennis game for the PS3, considering how well they seem to be doing on the Wii.

check the playstation store. They have a video of a bowling game that is going to come out. They announced it at E3.

#630083 - 11/07/07 10:07 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
When it comes to which one of the three systems will get my hard earned scratch, there's only one definite right now:

Wii will NOT be getting my money

I see all that the PS3 has to offer as far as being a next gen gaming device AND a blue ray player, so it has to go into the lead right now, but even $500 is too much money after you get it fully loaded up with a couple games and cables.

The Xbox360 has the better library right now, but being a PS2 owner, I'm just more used to those controllers. And no blueray player is a strike against it.

So there's where I stand right now. The only thing I know for sure is that I don't want to buy some kiddie game machine with graphics from 1998 and goofy controllers. I love good old fashioned American games. First person shooters, Grant Theft Auto, Madden football. NONE of those will ever be done well by the Wii, just thanks to Nintendo's graphic retardation alone. I am glad it's out there though, just so all the kiddies can go play their system and leave the PS3 and Xbox360 for adults. Less punk ass kids to deal with online.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal