2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#630134 - 10/10/07 01:06 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Are you guys playing Warhawk? If so, how do you like it?? I still play Socom 3 on my PS2 and love online FPS so I'm pretty curious about this title.

#630135 - 10/10/07 02:47 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
You're funny... PS3 is selling at the same rate the Xbox360 did. Yeah, they've got a gap because they came out after the 360. But their numbers are just as good (or bad, depending on how you look at it) as the 360's did at its same age.
You mean the once controlled and dominated market from Sony is selling close to the same rate as what the Xbox has (pre-Halo3)? [Freak] Looking at the lastest figures, the PS3 is in 3rd which makes it dead last. So much for that Sony dominance. BTW, in case you haven't noticed, the Halo3 release helped the 360 reclaim #1 overall.

Sony doesn't have a "franchise" title close to Halo3 so I don't know what you're getting at there. Sony's only hope is if Bluray claims the title right now. From the looks of things, we may never have a winner which will all but seal the deal on their 3rd place finish. And once again, the "gap" is Sony's fault. The Wii was in the same boat, but they don't seem to be having any problems. The PS2 didn't have any problems with the Dreamcast which was released a year before it.
Quote:
Not to mention, now that Halo 3 has come, there's not going to be another big bump in 360 sales for a long, long time. PS3 still yet has it's big franchise games to come out.
Don't forget, Microsoft has rights to one of the all-time greatest series - IV

#630136 - 10/10/07 06:19 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Sony doesn't have a "franchise" title close to Halo3 so I don't know what you're getting at there.
really...

So you're telling me there's somebody out there that owns a PS2 and DIDN'T buy a copy of Gran Turismo? There can't be that many of them...

As to GTA IV... It's not an Xbox exclusive. PS3 will have it as well, so I didn't want to mention it, 'cause it's not exclusive to any console.

#630137 - 10/10/07 07:35 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
So you're telling me there's somebody out there that owns a PS2 and DIDN'T buy a copy of Gran Turismo? There can't be that many of them...

As to GTA IV... It's not an Xbox exclusive. PS3 will have it as well, so I didn't want to mention it, 'cause it's not exclusive to any console.
The Gran Turismo series won't hold a candle to what Halo 3 just did... and I liked playing GT, but I think that sort of game got played out. It's just not in the same league. Even you have to admit that. And yes, GTA will be on both consoles, but it will be on the 360 first. Haven't heard how long until it shows up on the PS3. If it's like what it was with the Xbox, you're looking at 6 months.

#630138 - 10/10/07 09:52 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sony's looking to drop the price and introduce a new player to the game it seems. A 40 G version for $399 is rumored to be on the way. The big titles coming out and a price drop are going to make this holiday season and next year very interesting as far as the "console war" goes. If Sony doesn't make significant headway by the end of next year then I'd say MS would be this gen's winner.

Sony is still the best bang for the buck as far as the next gen systems go. It would cost you hundreds more to get the same functionality out of a 360 and all you would have then is an over priced POS system halfway through it's shelf life.

Developers are having to dumb down their games to fit on DV9 and not all the 360s have a built in hard drive which just compounds the first mistake.

#630139 - 11/10/07 06:51 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
7 pages of argueing about video game systems. :rolleyes: Does anyone have all 3 systems? That's the only way I can see anyone having the right to say which is better. I have a 360, I like it. I only bought it because I think the PS3 is overpriced and I wanted to try Halo but, I'm about to hang a Microsoft flag by the front door of my house or anything.

#630140 - 11/10/07 07:03 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
Sony is still the best bang for the buck as far as the next gen systems go.
[Spit] Funniest thing I've read in this thread so far. [ThumbsUp]

#630141 - 11/10/07 07:07 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Does anyone have all 3 systems? That's the only way I can see anyone having the right to say which is better.
Might want to check with Ian. I remember he had the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube. Wonder if he has all three of these. I've only played my 360 and my bro-in-laws PS3. I don't have any experience with Wii and really don't want to since it's not a current generation of gaming.

#630142 - 11/10/07 07:39 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

2 out of 3 here... PS3 and Wii.

I bought Wii for the classics like Mario, Zelda, etc.. the titles I grew up with in the 80's. I bought PS3 for games like Metal Gear 4 and GTA 4. Why no 360? Just never felt compelled to purchase it I guess.

#630143 - 11/10/07 07:45 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have 2 out of 3. Wii & Xbox 360, the Wii gets way more play time than the 360. Until I get PGR4 & COD4 at least.

If they dropped the PS3 to around $350 / $400 I'd probably snap one up.

#630144 - 11/10/07 08:00 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
If they dropped the PS3 to around $350 / $400 I'd probably snap one up.
According to yesterday's Washington Post the PS3's 40 gig model is set to re-release on November 11th for $349. I think they're stripping a couple of features like backwards compatability and a couple of USB ports in order to lower the retail price.

#630145 - 11/10/07 08:03 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

PS3 + GTA4 = Ownage

#630146 - 11/10/07 09:39 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DesertRouX:
PS3 + GTA4 = Ownage
That is about the only game out there for the PS3 that I would want.

#630147 - 11/10/07 11:55 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
The PS3 is equaling sales of the 360 worldwide... However in the US it is severely lagging behind. The reason this is important, is because the US market drives the vast majority of games available to us here. Halo 3 no doubt gave the 360 a nice boost, and it should continue into the holiday season.

If the PS3 does not outsell the 360 this holiday (in the US), it will all be over but the crying. This holiday season is Sony's chance, and they know it, hence the new model and price.

I wonder if MS will follow up with yet another drop. They've got quite a bit of room in their margins yet to be able to handle another cut.

Price wars are good. I think both consoles came out overpriced for something that you still are buying $60 games for. Wii had a novel approach and a reasonable price point, both of which are why it's been so successful.

#630148 - 11/10/07 02:58 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
I would have a Wii for myself...

If I didn't keep reselling them for $350 each on Craigslist for the last year or so...

[Freak]

I've gone through at least 15 Wiis since last November... I keep telling myself that I'll keep one once I can no longer sell them... but supply continues to be low and demand remains high.

#630149 - 11/10/07 07:12 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
BigE515 Offline

The big name games are available at Costco for $50 for 360. Just an FYI

#630150 - 11/10/07 09:33 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

#630151 - 11/10/07 09:57 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]Sony is still the best bang for the buck as far as the next gen systems go.
[Spit] Funniest thing I've read in this thread so far. [ThumbsUp] [/b]
For all the things the PS3 does, you know I'm right. Just do the math and come back and tell me what the better deal is for the consumer.

BluRay
wifi
wireless sixaxis controllers
multimedia (photos, mp3, videos)
Memory card readers
built-in hard drive
HDMI 1.3
etc

Match that and come back with a price list.

#630152 - 11/10/07 11:11 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Auditor_Kevin Offline

At $400, I think it's a great price for what it does.

Just splitting up the two main uses into equal parts means I'd be getting a true next generation game system (not one called "next generation" because you flail your arms instead of using a controller) and a next generation DVD player.

$200 for a Blueray player and $200 for a true next gen gaming system is alright by me!

Watching regular DVD quality movies on an HDTV should be a crime. Actually, let me put it this way - the show Two and a Half Men should not provide better picture quality than the movie 300.

#630153 - 12/10/07 03:00 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
For all the things the PS3 does, you know I'm right. Just do the math and come back and tell me what the better deal is for the consumer.

BluRay
wifi
wireless sixaxis controllers
multimedia (photos, mp3, videos)
Memory card readers
built-in hard drive
HDMI 1.3
etc

Match that and come back with a price list.
How many of those are actual reasons to buy one?

BluRay - Yes.
And that's it for reasons other than it being a gaming console.

WiFi? Wii and 360 have it.
SixAxis? Complete shit. Nintendo got rumble and audio into their controller along with their six degrees of movement, and pointing, Sony still hasn't got it right.
Multimedia? I stream that on my 360, or just plug it right into my TV.
Memory Card Reader? For what?

The $400 price point for the PS3 will finally make people consider buying it, but not for any of the reasons you have listed other than the Blu-Ray player.

On to Nismos post. Nope, I currently only have a 360. I would have a Wii but Mineralblue keeps fucking buying all of them.

The Wii is a gamers console, much the way the 360 is at it's core. First party Nintendo titles are pure entertainment regardless of them being 480p. It's like fucking a decent looking girl who isn't an uptight bitch. She isn't a super model, but she also doesn't complain all the time and not put out with her red ring of death.

The PS3 matches the 360 technology-wise when it comes to what a gamer wants, lots of horsepower and beautiful output, but there hasn't been a game I have been even remotely interested in since it launched last year. Developers fucking hate the thing citing it to be extremely difficult and time consuming to develop for, and the last two must have games for it have been total failures.

On the bright side, I did just barter a Wii and a PS3 in trade for some work, so I will have all three to play here soon.
As a gamer I look forward to enjoying each of them equally for what they offer me, the same way I did with the Dreamcast, Cube, N64, PS1, PS2, all my Gameboys and my DS.

#630154 - 12/10/07 03:03 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
That is about the only game out there for the PS3 that I would want.
So buy it for the 360. It will look the same or better, and have more value added content and achievements.

#630155 - 12/10/07 06:05 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fog:
I would have a Wii but Mineralblue keeps fucking buying all of them.

The Wii is a gamers console, much the way the 360 is at it's core. First party Nintendo titles are pure entertainment regardless of them being 480p. It's like fucking a decent looking girl who isn't an uptight bitch. She isn't a super model, but she also doesn't complain all the time and not put out with her red ring of death.
Best comments in the entire thread! [Spit] [ThumbsUp]

#630156 - 12/10/07 06:35 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
For all the things the PS3 does, you know I'm right. Just do the math and come back and tell me what the better deal is for the consumer...
Well, everything that Ian said, but I'll add one more. He said yes to the bluray. I say ONLY if it wins over HDDVD. Otherwise, you're stuck with an overpriced laser disk player. The 360 has everything else you listed, and does some things better. I don't guess you know very much about the 360, just a loyal PS follower which is fine. Just make sure you have your facts straight. With Sony, you're ALWAYS buying the name, that's what was so funny when I read your post. Remember how much more the Xbox had over the PS2, yet the PS2 was priced higher? The PS3's bad wrap is how much it costs. Again, Sony is NEVER more bang for your buck.

#630157 - 12/10/07 06:57 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Well isn't the Wii kind of a one trick pony anyway?

I mean, it's probably fun as hell at a get together - kinda like Guitar Hero, but I just don't imagine myself being into all those kiddie games for very long.

I saw the Wii's version of baseball and it was ridiculous. It's a bunch of major leaguers, only portrayed as kids or bobbleheads or something. How any grown man could play a baseball game like that is beyond me, but hey - whatever floats your boat. Just stay away from the trick or treaters. That's all I ask. laugh

Ok, I found a picture of the game, I guess it's called MLB Power Pro?

[Rainbow]

#630158 - 12/10/07 08:39 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
BigE515 Offline

Nintendo is for kids. Example-Pokemon?

Xbox vs PS2=PS3 vs 360
There were more gotta have it games for the PS2 than the Xbox but, that seems to have been reversed with the new Sony-Microsoft war.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal