shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63270 - 25/02/01 08:06 PM HKS and Stillen performance products
stephan5 Offline

Loc: Bay Area CA
Hi Guys !

Following dicussion on X performance products I have to admit that all these low end torque on line "experts" are really annoying .Instead of trusting all of this crap I ordered X performance kit from Stillen.It works.Just facts.I improves engine compression and visibly decrease engine RPM
at any speed and gear.The thing is, you don't
try, you don't know.I like it, you don't have
to.
These parts; megaflow/Hi-flow intakes and cat-back exhusts are available from HKS and Stillen.I don't believe that there is any substantial difference between performance of these two.Both are reputable companies.
HKS claims up to 15, Stillen up to 17 extra
hp for the kits.I went with Stillen because it has proven good record working with Nissan.
I don't encoruage anybody to buy this parts
and I don't take any responsability if you are not happy with your purchase.This is only
my opinion.
Just for interested, contact info; www.hksusa.com www.stillen.com
Best regards,

Mark

2000 4x4 3packs. AT,
midgrade gasoline.

#63271 - 25/02/01 08:27 PM Re: HKS and Stillen performance products
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by stephan5:
Following dicussion on X performance products I have to admit that all these low end torque on line "experts" are really annoying

Mark, while I don't consider myself an "expert", I'd like to take a crack at annoying you. Those are some impressive claims you made. For a second I thought maybe you worked for a company that sold these products, but even they wouldn't make claims that outlandish.

How did you measure that your engine now has more compression? Not that changing your intake has any effect on engine compression, but I'm still interested to see how it is that you measured your claimed improvement

Changes RPM at any given speed? OK, now how does that work? Even doubling your HP or torque won't change your RPM. Changing your gearing in your tranny or rear end would have that effect, but not your intake.

Even if those HP improvements you mention are accurate they still say nothing about torque which is what the "experts" you mention are arguing against.

So where did the chip on your shoulder come from? Whatever "experts" you were referring to never said don't get one, they were simply stating that it isn't going to do much for low end torque. That's a fact. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. I too would consider getting one, but come on it can't perform miracles. Slick 50... now that was a miracle product. I wonder why they don't sell it anymore. Hmmm.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4

[This message has been edited by ILUVMYX (edited 02-25-2001).]

#63272 - 25/02/01 09:07 PM Re: HKS and Stillen performance products
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by stephan5:
I improves engine compression and visibly decrease engine RPM at any speed and gear.

Cool, it shaves .060" off the deck, and regears your transmission.

What an amazing piece of equipment that must be.

Don't talk shop if you've never looked under the hood of a car.

------------------
Regards,
Ian

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal