2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#633413 - 27/04/06 07:10 PM i need a new digicam...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay.. usually i'm the one giving advice on this topic, so this is odd for me..

My problem isn't which one to buy.. it's digital vs. digital SLR.. i can't figure out which would work best.

Obviously digital SLR gives a better quality picture, but the compact digis are more convenient to carry around.

I use a Nikon D50 at work, which is a fantastic camera and i'm considering that or the Canon Rebel XT.. but then i wonder if i'll lug that thing around.. and the point for me is to have it when i need it..

D'you guys have a good compact camera that would give the bigger digiSLRs a run for their money?

I figure Canon or Sony is the way to go.. i'm more concerned about quality and ease of use (i'm a point-n-shoot kinda girl) but do know how to use manual settings (i use to develop my own film when i was a reporter, years ago.

So.. whatcha got? Love it? Suggestions?

#633414 - 27/04/06 07:33 PM Re: i need a new digicam...
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Canon S3 IS or G6 are both excellent choices if you don't want a full-out DSLR. The former has big zoom, the latter doesn't, but is more compact.

#633415 - 28/04/06 08:04 AM Re: i need a new digicam...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have multiple point and click digitals. Those include the Olympus Stylus 300(3.2MP, great little camers), and a Kodak 5.0MP(not sure of the model number but it has a 10x zoom and a 10x digital zoom). I also just recently purchased a Canon Rebel XT digital SLR. Of those 3, you will not EVER see me using the point and click anymore.

The SLR has many more options that the point and clicks can't touch. I can first and foremost, obviously change lenses(I have a BUNCH of lenses from my Rebel XS and my Eos A2 film cameras), I can adjust ISO settings manually, I can adjust the rate of image taking(motor drive), I can adjust the F-stop, I can adjust the shutter speed, I can adjust the focal point in the viewfinder, I can set the camera up to take a RAW image(12mb image, but MUCH more detail than the compressed images), it's 8.0MP, I have the versitility of using an external flash(most point and clicks can't do this), there are more picture taking modes, it allows me to focus the viewfinder to work with my crappy vision, should I go on?

Only disadvantage is the price. They have come down in price though. I think we got ours for $899 with a $100 mail in rebate. Comes with a lense and the camera body.

If you want a camera that will give the larger DSLR's a run, take a look at the higher end Kodak's too. THe 5.0MP Kodak my wife uses is fantastic! Takes GREAT pictures, has a huge LCD on the back, fits comfortably in your hand like a full sized camers, and best of all, it came with a docking station printer all for $399ish. The printer seriously prints photos too. Not like what an HP pohto printer does, this one pakes a pass with yellow, then blue, then red, then the final "clear coat" finish(not 100% sure about the order of the colors....it may be blue, red, yellow). It truely is a photo store quality picture. HERE\'S her camera.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal