shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63509 - 05/07/04 01:32 PM Shrockworks Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I went out wheeling with the RMXC guys this weekend and put my new Shrockworks rock sliders to the test...Now, on the plus side, they DID do their job and protect from any body damage. However, I did expect them to hold-up a LITTLE better. Here's a pic of what happened when I set the X down a little hard on a rock coming down Grizzly Lake.

laugh Didn't think it was THAT hard!

Nate.

#63510 - 05/07/04 01:35 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn you must have slammed it!@!

Got any teeth left smile

#63511 - 05/07/04 01:51 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
That's a fairly thick, mandrel drawn tube - not exactly weak. Did you have a little too much 'go' pedal to come down that hard? Sure looks like it.

#63512 - 05/07/04 02:54 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would've thought they would've held up better. I was looking to purchase Shrockworks Sliders, but now I'm second guessing, damn.

#63513 - 05/07/04 03:36 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

"That's a fairly thick, mandrel drawn tube - not exactly weak. Did you have a little too much 'go' pedal to come down that hard? Sure looks like it. "

He came down hard.

#63514 - 05/07/04 05:02 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
"That's a fairly thick, mandrel drawn tube - not exactly weak. Did you have a little too much 'go' pedal to come down that hard? Sure looks like it. "

He came down hard.
I didn't think it was all that hard...and really it was more a lack of break as opposed to too much gas! laugh

Nate.

#63515 - 05/07/04 05:05 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Laughing]

#63516 - 05/07/04 05:24 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Well, that's what they're for. They worked.

Just fill the gap with some black play-dough and you're good to go. [ThumbsUp]

#63517 - 05/07/04 05:37 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

He just came off a 1ft rock a little to fast and laid the slider into another rock.. Luckily that was all the dammage he did. Another in our group had his tire pick up a rock and smack the shock, bending it pretty good.

#63518 - 05/07/04 05:55 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Looks to me like you were lucky they were the Shrockworks ones...most of the others--I'm thinking specificly of the Calmini ones--dont have the xtra upward swept part and it look like in that pick that if you had any other than the Shrockworks ones instead of a minorly bent slider, you'd be picking rocks out of your door panels....

#63519 - 05/07/04 07:35 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Originally posted by xowner:
I would've thought they would've held up better. I was looking to purchase Shrockworks Sliders, but now I'm second guessing, damn.
You're kidding, right? Shrock's are some of the toughest sliders out there. That was a helluva hit to do that and they did their job well. I agree with some of the others, if that 'outrigger' second bar hadn't been there (and most other manufacturers don't have them)...big ouch.

#63520 - 05/07/04 07:37 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Indeed, I've dropped mine down HARD on stuff and they didn't flinch, but the hit was more on the square tube portion than the outer round part. I wouldn't complain one bit about the minor dent in the pic, they held up just dandy and I would say whatever happened to cause that was well beyond routine.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#63521 - 05/07/04 11:14 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
It was a pretty decent hit, but I didn't expect the tubing to bend that badly, but it did miss the square tubing almost entirely (you can see a tiny nick) focusing the damage on the round tubing (which is very exposed and has very little support).

#63522 - 06/07/04 06:32 AM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Hey the truck was protected the slider did it's job. Go off roading and something is going to get messed up. It's all part of the fun!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

#63523 - 06/07/04 07:52 AM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
Good Job! I don't have the Schrock ones, but a set a local guy did for me. They have been great as well. I wish mine had bent. Coming off of a ledge, I landed on a rock with enough force to flex the frame, bend the body seam...and dent a rocker panel. I can only imagine the damage I would have recieved without them.

Look at it this way, It'll take a bigger/taller rock to do it next time smile

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#63524 - 06/07/04 02:52 PM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
Erik Offline

Loc: Chapel Hill, TN
Looks like I missed a good day of wheeling. After reading your post I remembered this. Scroll down to his post. Sounds like he will replace it.

#63525 - 07/07/04 09:04 AM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
Shrock Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
TerraMedicX nice work. Looks like you were really getting it. laugh

We use the thickest round tube of any slider manufacturer I know of, but nothing is un-bendable. I've seen some of the guys in AZ bend .25 wall DOM in that area. You can bet that if that tube wasn't there, you'd be seeing a body man for your door. Indeed, it did it's job.

Since it was damaged on the trail though, just send me your contact info and I'll send out a free replacement. That's our policy. This is the first time I've actually had to do it though, so maybe I should send you a trophy along with it. laugh

#63526 - 07/07/04 09:11 AM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now that is customer service at it's best.

#63527 - 07/07/04 09:43 AM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by Shrock:
TerraMedicX nice work. Looks like you were really getting it. laugh

We use the thickest round tube of any slider manufacturer I know of, but nothing is un-bendable. I've seen some of the guys in AZ bend .25 wall DOM in that area. You can bet that if that tube wasn't there, you'd be seeing a body man for your door. Indeed, it did it's job.

Since it was damaged on the trail though, just send me your contact info and I'll send out a free replacement. That's our policy. This is the first time I've actually had to do it though, so maybe I should send you a trophy along with it. laugh
That is a nutty policy...great for the customer though...Lets see--"Hmmm, I'm gonna take my truck down this monster trail and bash my truck into rocks cause I have these here sliders and if I do any damage to them they will just get replaced"...wow...we're gonna have to start calling Shrockworks the "L.L. Bean" of the off-road manufacturers....

#63528 - 07/07/04 09:46 AM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Or you could call them a company that stands behind it's products and really does care about customer service. That is what I see!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#63529 - 07/07/04 10:02 AM Re: Shrockworks Sliders
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Outstanding Jim!

That is why I bought my sliders from you!

A company that stands behind it's product is a company that will have my business everyday!

[ThumbsUp]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal