2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#635318 - 03/05/03 09:33 PM More HP
Sodapop Offline

Loc: Sarasota Florida
Hi All

Just bought a new Xterra SE, and have a couple of questions.

Just ordered the K&N air filter, any have this and how is it?

Second, how is the aftermarket exhaust?

Last, how does any of the above affect the warranty?

Thanks

Sodapop

#635319 - 03/05/03 11:45 PM Re: More HP
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
1st- I had the K&N Drop in filter, I didin't notice an increase in improvement but the engine seemed to run smoother.
Now I have the K&N Filtercharger and love it.

2nd- I don't have an aftermarkte exhaust but I plan on getting one when I get home.

3rd- Any modifications to the Xterra only affect your waranty if the dealer can prove that the modification caused the damage that is being fixed under waranty. I.E. if you get the aftermarket exhaust and your suspension goes out the dealer still has to do the work under waranty because the parts are unrelated.

The extra HP gained by the intake and exhaust aren't going to be more than 3-5 HP a piece so it will be hard to "feel" much more power. Some people here say they know for a fact that the HP is worth it, others say that the HP is negligable.
In my opinion anything helps.

Xterra101.com

#635320 - 04/05/03 10:14 AM Re: More HP
JtaoJ Offline

Loc: Layton, Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:

3rd- Any modifications to the Xterra only affect your waranty if the dealer can prove that the modification caused the damage that is being fixed under waranty. I.E. if you get the aftermarket exhaust and your suspension goes out the dealer still has to do the work under waranty because the parts are unrelated.
We held our monthly club meeting and our dealer sponsor validated exactly what Kerensky said. If the aftermarket part can be traced to a a specific issue, then they will not provide the warranty. Before, Nissan was pushing that a lift "may" void your powertrain warranty...which was an very customer unfriendly stance. Still, you may have to push the dealership on the warranty coverage. In the UXOC, we have seen treatment vary in Utah from beligerant (hell no we won't cover that), to very cool, even in the same dealer owned network, but in different cities within 40 miles of each other. Interesting stuff. Do your mods and enjoy your truck.

#635321 - 04/05/03 10:16 AM Re: More HP
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
I myself put a K&N filter last year some time,and I noticed a "little" improvement on gas mileage and performance, not much, but a little in the long run is alot....

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#635322 - 04/05/03 08:56 PM Re: More HP
bluztraveler Offline

Loc: Surrey , B.C. ,Canada
I did a K&N drop-in filter and a cat-back exhaust. Got better fuel mileage for the effort.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal