2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#637151 - 12/08/03 08:46 AM Re: Non S/C xterras
Anonymous
Unregistered

Reality Check: Damn few of us actually "need" what we drive. In fact, most of us could get by with much less vehicle but we choose to drive an X (or any other vehicle that exceeds our minimal needs) because we want to - and we gladly pay for that luxury. It's as simple as that.

Now I'm not saying you should or shouldn't get the S/C but let's stop pretending that not getting it has anything to do with the increased annual fuel cost. Anyone who really takes those concerns seriously is driving a Civic or some other uninspiring, boring, piece of econo-trash.

Get real - we drive what we do for the sheer fun of it. More power = more fun. I know the S/C is frivolous and unnecessary but so is most everything I enjoy in life. Let's face it - most people spend more than a couple hundred bucks a year on beer and cheese whiz so don't be giving us this B.S. about how "expensive" the S/C is. Of course it'll cost you a little extra but if you can afford to buy, insure, and maintain an X you sure as hell can afford to drive one with a supercharger.

I entertained the same thoughts but in the end I got the S/C simply because I wanted it - no more justification is necessary. Do what you want, whatever that is, or when all is said and done you'll regret it.

#637152 - 12/08/03 04:42 PM Re: Non S/C xterras
Anonymous
Unregistered

i got the 2003 non supercharged and i am completely happy. as you might know, nissan added 10hp this year, and that does make the car less sluggish. personally, i dont see the point of spending so much money for something you will hardly need. i dont think the car is sluggish, however it is an SUV. i wouldnt expect to break records, but it isnt underpowered. and even if you want a few more HP's, you can drope a high speed filter in the car for $50, or upgrade to the nissan certified sport muffler for $400, and still be under the budget of the supper charger, and have better gas milage and use regular gas.

#637153 - 12/08/03 04:54 PM Re: Non S/C xterras
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by YellowSCX:
Reality Check: Damn few of us actually "need" what we drive.
[...]
Let's face it - most people spend more than a couple hundred bucks a year on beer and cheese whiz so don't be giving us this B.S. about how "expensive" the S/C is.
[...]
I entertained the same thoughts but in the end I got the S/C simply because I wanted it - no more justification is necessary. Do what you want, whatever that is, or when all is said and done you'll regret it.
Amen! I couldn't have said it better myself smile

Further proof that people just don't get it:

Quote:
Originally posted by boognight:
i dont see the point of spending so much money for something you will hardly need
boognight - again, it's hard to miss something you have never had [Wave] and it's not about needs. I don't need to downshift to go up hills or pass folks on the freeway. With the SC I don't have to downshift laugh

#637154 - 13/08/03 04:58 AM Re: Non S/C xterras
BluRdgX Offline

Loc: Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountain...
Quote:
Originally posted by Kat&Chris:
Actually I have to back everyone around here on the mid-atlantic coast. Gas gets expensive and the difference between s/c and a non-s/c v6 isn't worth the extra expense with the interest in long or short run.
"Everyone around here on Mid-Atlantic"? Eh? Let me count....6 Mid-Atlantic people have chimed in...3, Myself, DocNo, lincolnellie(all in VA) all have S/C and have come out in support of it....3 others, Suspect2 and OffroadX(who has a 2000 so he didnt really have a choice) and yourself also from Mid-Atlantic(MD) have said no....I call that 3 to 3, not quite "everyone" :rolleyes: or is it just a MD vs VA issue? Plus gas is cheaper from Manassas and points west....then again so are cigarettes...beer....taxes...cost of living...quality of life...bla bla bla....LOL....j/k.....
BluRdgX(originally from MD)

#637155 - 13/08/03 11:33 AM Re: Non S/C xterras
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by boognight:
still be under the budget of the supper charger, and have better gas milage and use regular gas.
If I remember correctly, the gas mileage difference between the SC and the N/A is only like 1 mpg. We who bought the SC wanted it for the extra torque for the most part. All of you guys talking about what you need and what you don't that bought V6's....why didn't you just buy the 4 cylinder then?? You don't really need the V-6 right??
[Uh Oh !]

I also buy gas at Sam's and the high octane gas is the same price (if not cheaper) than regular at other gas stations.

#637156 - 13/08/03 12:36 PM Re: Non S/C xterras
BluRdgX Offline

Loc: Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountain...
[/qb][/QUOTE]....why didn't you just buy the 4 cylinder then?? You don't really need the V-6 right??
[Uh Oh !]

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Good Point! [LOL]
BRX

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal