shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#637335 - 15/03/08 02:16 PM Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a supercharged X. On the inside of the gas door, it says "Premium Fuel is Recomended for Better Performance". I know it gives better performance, but would it help or hinder with the gas mileage? It makes the engine perform better, but I don't know if that inturn will give it better or wore mileage. Any input would help. Thanks

#637336 - 15/03/08 04:05 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Really the best thing to do is get a vornado and a chip off of E-bay, really like 15% better milage really wink

#637337 - 15/03/08 05:08 PM Re: Premium Gas
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Well, if you don't use premium fuel, you will probably pre-detonate or knock. If you do that, the computer will retard the timing and your gas milage will suffer.

Put in premium and drive it like a Prius. You'll save more money that way then by trying to cheap out on the premium.

#637338 - 15/03/08 09:48 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

really the worst thing you could do is buy a chip off ebay, they will not ever work. all they do is trick the comp into thinking the mass airflow sensor is pulling more air which bumps up the fuel. do not waist your money, and as far as tornado it will take a LONG time to payoff the 70 bucks you spend on it. run the premium, change all the oils, air and fuel filter, check the tires and drive like a granny

#637339 - 15/03/08 11:02 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's crazy talk. I have a bunch of those chips from ebay. I change 'em out every oil change and Im probably getting about 25mpg city, 29 mpg hwy. I highly recommend them.

#637340 - 16/03/08 09:02 AM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you (Aterra) serious?? Do the chips give you anymore power or just help with mileage?

#637341 - 16/03/08 10:02 AM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Buster1986:
Are you (Aterra) serious?? Do the chips give you anymore power or just help with mileage?
Yes, yes he is. :rolleyes:

#637342 - 16/03/08 11:29 AM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

haha so the chip wears out? ya know a paper clip to jump lines on your maf sensor does the same thing...i take it youre a salesman of the chips on ebay? haha

#637343 - 16/03/08 06:31 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

My mom has an Acura TL which requires 93 octane or higher. Once my step dad used her car and accidently filled it with 87. It was probably bad for the engine because you have to burn the whole tank after you fill it. It ran really crappy and it got terrible terrible mileage. Then again this car has triple overdrive so 87 octane gas and trip. overdrive don't really work well together.

#637344 - 16/03/08 08:09 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh yah, well when I had my vornado with my esc (electronic super charger) the butt dyno could not even read the Hp gains. I call it the supervornado, they told me that I could not run at the track anymore unless I was towing a taco cart. I was runnin mid 11's with the taco cart but all of the time slips were uuuh ,,,, lost in the flood. But really really really, the chips and vornados do work, just dont use them with a supercharger or they will make you race pulling a taco cart. F5 baby, the finger of god.

#637345 - 18/03/08 08:20 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

what do you mean by taco cart?

#637346 - 18/03/08 08:38 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BossMan:
[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#637347 - 18/03/08 09:00 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
lol...seriously... no seriously.

#637348 - 18/03/08 09:02 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by granitex:
Oh yah, well when I had my vornado with my esc (electronic super charger) the butt dyno could not even read the Hp gains. I call it the supervornado, they told me that I could not run at the track anymore unless I was towing a taco cart. I was runnin mid 11's with the taco cart but all of the time slips were uuuh ,,,, lost in the flood. But really really really, the chips and vornados do work, just dont use them with a supercharger or they will make you race pulling a taco cart. F5 baby, the finger of god.
[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#637349 - 18/03/08 10:24 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
it's ok man! i'm wondering the same thing!! i was just waiting for someone else to ask!!

#637350 - 19/03/08 06:18 AM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

To increase gas mileage I have found that you need to significantly reduce the drag coefficient of the Xterra. I haven't studied the 2nd gen. X, but these results hold for the first.

Wax your car with my specially formulated Super ReduX Wax. My special formula has been said to decrease the drag coefficient of the X from .96 to .32. That's almost as low as a Porsche 911! Now that's performance even Consumer Reports will love!

The best thing is, if you buy from my ebay auction today, I will include a second, that's right, a second bottle of my Super ReduX Wax. That's two for the price of one! But wait, there's more, if you order before 3PM GMT I'll throw in an air vent whirly wheel. This great product will increase your air conditioning performance by 73 percent. Order now! wink

#637351 - 19/03/08 08:04 AM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

HAHA I thought you were being serious for the first few sentences. I love how Arterra is not only bought an over priced resistor but he gets a new one every time he changes his oil.

#637352 - 19/03/08 09:57 AM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoy:
I love how Arterra is not only bought an over priced resistor but he gets a new one every time he changes his oil.
explination

#637353 - 28/03/08 11:04 AM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoy:
I love how Arterra is not only bought an over priced resistor but he gets a new one every time he changes his oil.
Dude, do you really think i was serious? I guess 29MPG isn't sarcastic enough.

#637354 - 28/03/08 09:07 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

haha i thought you were serious man. on a sad note people have bought thoughs chips and were hoping for a big increase...

#637355 - 30/03/08 11:20 AM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

My last fill up I thought I'd try a tank of premium just to see the difference if any in my '05. The only thing that I have noticed so far is that it doesn't knock if I don't give it enough gas when letting out the clutch. I still got about 3/4 tank left so i'm not sure yet on the mpg's.

#637356 - 30/03/08 03:48 PM Re: Premium Gas
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by azmk:
My last fill up I thought I'd try a tank of premium just to see the difference if any in my '05. The only thing that I have noticed so far is that it doesn't knock if I don't give it enough gas when letting out the clutch. I still got about 3/4 tank left so i'm not sure yet on the mpg's.
If the owner's manual doesn't recommend it, you are wasting your money. But it's your money... laugh

#637357 - 06/04/08 11:52 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Those ebay "chips" are nothing more than a resistor.
At $10.00 you pay for what you get. Nothing more than a scam.

#637358 - 08/04/08 11:58 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

who cares how much premium gas prices are versus regular! it costs what it costs!! and seriously are you really going to trip over a 15-20 cent difference x 19 gallons?? do the math... youre only paying $3.80 more for the octane needed for best performance.

#637359 - 08/04/08 11:59 PM Re: Premium Gas
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh, and you should have thought about gas prices before you bought a supercharged X. :p

i honestly dont mind paying for premium. even though i fill up every week. sigh..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal