2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63845 - 24/01/05 12:16 AM Fog Light Install...almost done
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ordered foglights from blinglights.com and a switch from 4x4parts.com. With a lot of email help from Jason (works for blinglights.com and Bios, I was able to mount and wire the fogs. Bios has excellent pictures on where to ground the wires and where to run the wires through the firewall. I have a switch that independently runs the fogs whenever the ignition is on. I can turn them on and off without the headlights being on.

If I wanted the lights to turn on only when the headlight/parking lights are on, what and where do I splice?

I searched for the fog light mod and I thought by just splicing in to the blue/red wire (of the 4 pin connector) in the steering wheel column (the side with the light controls) with the red wire it should work but it didn't. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance and you can also email me at: dwong@icnetco.com

#63846 - 12/03/05 10:50 AM Re: Fog Light Install...almost done
Anonymous
Unregistered

my switch has 3 connectors on the back. the one that actuates with the lights on i ran to the side marker uner my bumper cover.

i didn't feel comfortable tapping into anything under my steering column.

#63847 - 12/03/05 11:00 AM Re: Fog Light Install...almost done
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Quote:
Originally posted by cranky:
I didn't feel comfortable tapping into anything under my steering column.
Neither did I. What I did was take one of those current testers and found the right wire behind the headlight assembly. I ran it to the point in the switch that would trigger the relay and now the foglights come on only when the lights are in highbeam mode, or "off" (Canadian daytime running lights send a current to that line).

I know that's not "legal" but holy shit does the truck ever throw off a lot of light now.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal