First off ... coming from a previous Z owner ... I have had first hand experience with all brands/kinds of intakes on this VQ motor (read:failures) ... so I went into this as a skeptic.

Jason@Burtman convinced me to give it a shot ... no hassle returns and no risk, so I did it.

Well ... install took about 20-25 minutes ... very simple and quick drop in. Truck fired right up and idles identically ... not even a hint of noise. Out on the street, normal driving is exactly the same .. no change, no power, no noise.

On-ramp ... my usual on ramp here (merge onto the 101) requires me to get into it a little bit. With my 6MT, I usually get to 3700-4000 between shifts on my merge (60-65mph on a short ramp). WOW, does this make a difference. Like I said previously, this intake is silent at city speeds and stop and go ... but it is a beast past 3500rpm ... it really opens up and gives the truck a good kick in the pants! I went ahead and did a couple of 20-80 runs and this truck is seriously a LOT faster...its kinda fun.

The intake has taken away that muffled rumble/roar of the stock intake and replaced it with almost the exact sound as my old Z w/ JWT pop-charger/spacer/plenum. It sounds a lot more refined, as well as a lot more agressive.

Overall I am very impressed and I will be keeping it.

The kicker of the whole thing ... I did my usual LA to TJ w/ some beach driving in there ... my average on that trip alway fall between 18.5 and 19.5 mpg, and this one came out at 20.85mpg (and I was getting into it every now and then ... something I don't usually do ... the Z-sound makes me wanna rev it .. I miss my Z frown )

I'll try and snap a pic a little later ... I am tired, as I just finished and oil change and a slider install!

-jim