2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#642808 - 17/06/03 11:32 AM MILES PER GALLON
Anonymous
Unregistered

I HAVE A 2002 S/C SE AND AM WONDERING WHAT OTHER S/C OWNERS GET AS FAR AS MILES PER GALLON IS CONCERNED?
THANKS

#642809 - 17/06/03 12:15 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Push that key on your keyboard that says CAPS-LOCK please.

#642810 - 17/06/03 12:30 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
NPT X Offline

Loc: Newport, RI
Then use the search button in the upper right hand corner of the forum!

#642811 - 17/06/03 12:46 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
Rado-X Offline

Loc: Lake Oswego OR
It is not Good! I never let mine go totally dry, but I get about 250 miles per tank. I drive like an idiot though.

#642812 - 17/06/03 01:33 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
Firebraun Offline

Loc: Reno, Nevada
Anybody else starting to think that the word is out among the professional trolls that we've grown tired of gas mileage threads and they're all coming here, registering, and starting new ones every day just to get under our collective skin?

Please just do this: When you see a new post on gas mileage, IGNORE IT! DO NOT REPLY! If nobody replies, it'll fall from "page one" in no time, soon to be forgotten and only to be seen if you actually do a search for "gas mileage!" Let's keep the front page of the threads filled up with stuff we might actually want to read!

#642813 - 17/06/03 02:45 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you are taking a fool-proof solution and underestimating the ability of a sufficiently motivated fool. As soon as it drops off page one, someone else is going to start a new thread since they don't see one.

That search functionality is really hard to use ya know. smile

What I would like to see is some kind of permanent poll where people can given additional data if they desire, and not use up a forum posting.

For the record, I get about 4 mpg in the city and 25 on the highway. Oh wait, that's the range of numbers that other people claim.

#642814 - 18/06/03 10:12 AM Re: MILES PER GALLON
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I can't say it, but NPT X said it for me...

:rolleyes:
Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#642815 - 18/06/03 06:18 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Nice way to welcome a newbie...er... sorry, I guess since he posted about fuel economy he must be a troll. :rolleyes:

Ian, perhaps you need to modify the registration process so that users are made BLATANTLY aware of implicit XOC guidelines.

It's certainly not very welcoming for one's first post to be shot down so quickly by old-timers tired of seeing the same old questions.

On the other hand, perhaps it should be the forum moderator's job to delete a thread such as this and send a canned private message about how best to use the search function, and how to turn off CAPS LOCK when posting.

Either way, it might provide a more welcoming atmosphere for first-timer posters, whether they are internet-ignorant or trolls. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

#642816 - 19/06/03 06:52 AM Re: MILES PER GALLON
OffroadX Offline

Implicit? How about explicit?

This is in red in the terms of service:
If you are new to XOC, use the Search feature before asking a question.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#642817 - 19/06/03 08:40 AM Re: MILES PER GALLON
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
OK, it's explicit, but it's not OBVIOUS. I mean, even though it's in RED it's still buried in a link that not many people visit.

No matter anyway. Either continue to rudely welcome a newbie who may have not realized that thousands of topics have "already been beaten to death" and flame him for it, or do something more polite. Like I said, instead of fanning the flames, let the mod delete the post and PM a "polite" canned message about HOW to use the search feature in an efficient manner, not just to USE the search feature.

Just because you've learned how to comb the 'net and ebay for "choice morsels of info" doesn't mean that everyone does.

When your wife or kids ask you a question (which you clearly know the answer to, what do you tell them?
"That question has been asked of me before, you troll! There's the computer, go look it up on google and do a search!"

(Didn't think so.) :rolleyes:

#642818 - 19/06/03 09:36 AM Re: MILES PER GALLON
greggovader Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Wow

#642819 - 19/06/03 10:06 AM Re: MILES PER GALLON
Canope Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I have to comment. I agree wholeheartedly with XPLORx4. The rude responses here to questions are disgusting. It seems to be treated with any respect, you must have a minimum of 1000 posts and never ask a question that can be answered with a search. There will be about one question per month showing up to be answered if searches are done. The reason for Most forums is to discuss your stuff. This is the ONLY forum where I will not ask a question unless I am friggin dying for a quick answer. Sometimes I do not have hours to do a search, I'm just looking for some kind help. I have received the kind help in some cases, but other times I wonder why I even asked.
So, I guess I'll ask a question I have been putting off about MPG and see the kind responses. Thomas

#642820 - 19/06/03 12:43 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
Ruger1022 Offline

Loc: Visalia, CA
Why bother responding, if you're just going to yell at the poster. If its worth typing a response at all, why not answer the question, if not then just let it go. This isn't a face to face meeting where you have to say something. I agree the search feature should be explained, but if all it ever returns are "topics that no longer exist" it doesn't do a whole lot of good. The idea of a poll, or at least a forum dedicated to, gas mileage isn't bad either, as there certainly seems to be interest.
For the record, we've kept careful track of mileage on every tank, it's all in a little book in the center console. I've done things that make it go up, and things that make it go down. I feel it varies to much due to driving conditions to make any judgements yet. Basicly, just put gas in it and drive it somewhere, preferably out of town and into the wilderness. Life's short, try to have some fun... you can worry about the mileage you got doing it when you're dead...
MV
Out of curiosity, if everyones so tired of the gas mileage posts, why do you keep reading them?
MV

#642821 - 19/06/03 01:07 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
OffroadX Offline

I believe EVERYONE has to accept the terms of service when signing up, so they can't plead ignorance for asking an extra-tired question or get chastised for posting in an incorrect forum.

#642822 - 19/06/03 01:55 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
Quote:
Originally posted by khs:
I think you are taking a fool-proof solution and underestimating the ability of a sufficiently motivated fool. As soon as it drops off page one, someone else is going to start a new thread since they don't see one.

That search functionality is really hard to use ya know. smile

What I would like to see is some kind of permanent poll where people can given additional data if they desire, and not use up a forum posting.

For the record, I get about 4 mpg in the city and 25 on the highway. Oh wait, that's the range of numbers that other people claim.
Do you REALLY think someone else would ever post a gas mileage thread? Surely NOT.

This is freakin hilarious...!

[Wave]

#642823 - 21/06/03 03:34 AM Re: MILES PER GALLON
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
4-6 MILES PER GALLON. THAT'S BECAUSE I AM CARRYING AROUND ALL THESE CAPITAL LETTERS.

#642824 - 21/06/03 04:37 AM Re: MILES PER GALLON
FANOF5 Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Fl
i made the same mistake, but about tire size and got flamed........ don't worry about the old timers, they are bored and just wait for some new guy to post a redundant topic so they can pounce on them. enjoy your X and yes MPG sucks, just deal with it. unless you drive 30 mph every where you go, your MPG is going to suck. enjoy

#642825 - 21/06/03 04:50 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Originally posted by FANOF5:
i made the same mistake, but about tire size and got flamed........ don't worry about the old timers, they are bored and just wait for some new guy to post a redundant topic so they can pounce on them. enjoy your X and yes MPG sucks, just deal with it. unless you drive 30 mph every where you go, your MPG is going to suck. enjoy

#642826 - 21/06/03 04:54 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Originally posted by FANOF5:
Nooooooooooooo, they don't do that!! hahaha, I can understand getting sick of seeing the same posts but not everyone has owned their Xterra for 2-3 years.Search? Ya, but wouldn't you want to get an answer about something more recent than 2 years or so? Or from someone that has the exact same vehicle as you??

#642827 - 21/06/03 05:10 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
FANOF5 Offline

i think that some of these folks sit around and do nothing but post on this forum. don't get me wrong, i really enjoy this forum, but i wish i had some of these people's jobs to be able to do nothing but flame people all day, and post threads on this forum, must be nice.......

#642828 - 21/06/03 06:26 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
BluRdgX Offline

Loc: Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountain...
Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:

When your wife or kids ask you a question (which you clearly know the answer to, what do you tell them?
"That question has been asked of me before, you troll! There's the computer, go look it up on google and do a search!"

Damn that was funny! [Spit] ....and accurate!
BluRdgX

#642829 - 24/06/03 03:46 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:

(Didn't think so.) :rolleyes:
I thought you were just supposed to give them "five across the eyes" eek wink

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#642830 - 26/06/03 10:39 AM Re: MILES PER GALLON
Anonymous
Unregistered

Average: 15.351

2002 SE 5 spd s/c

#642831 - 26/06/03 11:46 AM Re: MILES PER GALLON
rja377 Offline

Loc: West Virginia
2002 XE S/C 5-speed

8414 miles, 543.2 gallons -> 15.49mpg

(Best 20.2mpg, worst 11.1mpg)

#642832 - 27/06/03 03:13 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
FANOF5 Offline

i had a 1984 Suburban once with some big tires on it and got about 8 mpg, so it could be worse.

#642833 - 27/06/03 08:22 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
smudog Offline

Loc: Lakewood, Colorado
My average so far has been 17.89 miles to the gallon. Best was 19.82 and the worst was 15.67. The only reason I I had that really bad one was from a really bad ice-storm here and I had 4wd engaged the entire time. Aside from that one, most tanks are really consistent.

Mike

#642834 - 06/07/03 08:32 AM Re: MILES PER GALLON
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good god. I thought my 21mpg in my truck was horrid. Oh, how I can't wait to get 15!

Yet another forum where the people who have been here act like they can control newbies. Searching sucks, it's very rare that you find anything relative to what you're looking for within an hour of hitting that 'search' button.

Andrew

#642835 - 06/07/03 04:55 PM Re: MILES PER GALLON
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by ghost:

Yet another forum where the people who have been here act like they can control newbies. Searching sucks, it's very rare that you find anything relative to what you're looking for within an hour of hitting that 'search' button.

Andrew
I respectfully disagree. First, no one is trying to control anyone, they're pointing out that there is a search function and a LOT of relevant info can be found there. I well remember the days when XOC didn't have forums and every other post was "is there any way to search the posts" ? Tips on changing the oil, ElectroKen's wiper mod install, aftermarket trailer hitches, and aftermarket sunroof possibilities are just a few of the topics I've found info on using the search function.

With that said, I'll grant you that some members aren't very tactful about it. wink

On a related note, National Public Radio recently had a feature on vehicles having the most owner complaints. Numero Uno? The Hummer. Primary gripe, which came from more than half of the complaining owners? Gas mileage!! "Um, hello, yes, I want to complain that my new 6,000 pound ultra SUV doesn't get good gas mileage." [Freak]

Talk about having more money than sense...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal