shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6528 - 09/02/07 05:07 PM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

A 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan !

Never Again !!

#6529 - 16/02/07 10:11 AM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is the car that I had before my X and still have it, can't wait till racing starts back up.

#6530 - 16/02/07 10:55 AM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

02 Tacoma

Yes SCCX guys that is Indian Truck Trail. She ran well till I killed her.

#6531 - 16/02/07 11:05 AM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
This Honda is definetly the vehicle that I abused the most. I bought it for a measly $3800 from a friend and I drove about 100K miles in almost 6 yrs - mostly commuting to San Jose.

List of my abuses:
- Drove with only 3 spark plugs connected for 4 months. Mileage went from 26mpg to 12mpg and pure gas fumes were coming out of the exhaust.
- I striped the oil drain plug, put some epoxy on it to seal the leaky plug then made a mental note to fix it later. 10 months and some 11K miles later I finally got it fixed and was able to put in fresh oil (boy that old oil was THICK).
- I blew out both CV joints from non-maintenance. The mechanic was amazed that I was able to drive at all - cause he said "the driveshaft was gone".
- While I had the car, I went thru about 4 different passenger windows. (long stories)

In January of 2001 - I traded in this beater for $600 cash toward my new Xterra.

#6532 - 16/02/07 11:36 PM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

1995 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 -- I will never buy Ford again..

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 LS Ext Cab -- bright red, my favorite truck ever. only sold it because I got a killer deal on the one I have now.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport -- ew.. all I can say. Graduation present gone BAD!

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 LT Ext Cab -- what I am driving now, I love it but preferred my red one's exterior. I've got every option in it possible so the inside is very nice! I'll keep it for a long, long time. I plan to get an Xterra as a companion to it.

#6533 - 17/02/07 07:33 AM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

This explains the choice in username:

92 Eclipse - My first official car. I would still have it if it was AWD and Turbo'd

85? Suzuki Samurai - My first experience 4WD - Inspired by a friend who had one and beat the crap out of it.

98 Eclipse - Sold both the 92 Eclipse and Zook to get my hands on something speedy and shiny..

She was pushin 400+ HP after I was done with her and I knew she couldn't handle it much longer without some internal overhauls. The kid who bought it from me blew the headgasket 2 months in..

And now I've got the 2002 SE S/C Xterra. She's a beaut, Clark!

#6534 - 18/02/07 03:57 PM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a 98 civic and now i just got my 03 xterra...

#6535 - 23/02/07 08:27 AM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had an 03 Chevy Avalanche Z71 with a 6" lift 35's and all the other goodies that go along with a built up trail truck.

#6536 - 23/02/07 08:46 AM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
She was pushin 400+ HP after I was done with her and I knew she couldn't handle it much longer without some internal overhauls.
HAHAAHAHA....I f'n doubt it :rolleyes:

#6537 - 23/02/07 10:23 AM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My car before my xterra:

My Xterra:

And my newest car:

#6538 - 23/02/07 10:29 AM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mostly_Harmless i'm gonna take a stab at this, but do you like Super/Turbo charged vehicles wink

#6539 - 23/02/07 10:35 AM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
Mostly_Harmless i'm gonna take a stab at this, but do you like Super/Turbo charged vehicles wink
lol smile When I went to buy my Xterra I was stuck between a 5-speed XE and a S/C SE, I wanted both but they didn't offer it that year. For some reason I just loved the wine of the supercharger so I went with that model (not to mention I loved the wheels). When the Mazdaspeed3 came out I just couldn't pass on it. 260hp/280TQ, 6-Speed, only 5000 made, I just had to have it. It is really an awesome car [ThumbsUp]

#6540 - 23/02/07 10:45 AM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Traded Rubicon for '7 OR.

Mostly Harmless,
Had an '84 and '87 Mustang GT, but they were basic , stock vehicles.
Very nice looking Mazda.
My wife and I have had WRX's as well. The last was a '6 TR(2.5 turbo). Did you drive the '6 or '7 WRX before choosing the Speed3? I have read good things about the Mazdaspeed3. Just interested in a comparison as I have never driven one and they weren't available when I got the last WRX. Currently, our local Mazda dealer only has the reg. 3 and 6. What are your impressions? Any negatives to the fwd vs. awd? Thanks for taking the time to respond.

#6541 - 23/02/07 11:01 AM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WYTERRA:
Traded Rubicon for '7 OR.

Mostly Harmless,
Had an '84 and '87 Mustang GT, but they were basic , stock vehicles.
Very nice looking Mazda.
My wife and I have had WRX's as well. The last was a '6 TR(2.5 turbo). Did you drive the '6 or '7 WRX before choosing the Speed3? I have read good things about the Mazdaspeed3. Just interested in a comparison as I have never driven one and they weren't available when I got the last WRX. Currently, our local Mazda dealer only has the reg. 3 and 6. What are your impressions? Any negatives to the fwd vs. awd? Thanks for taking the time to respond.
The mustang was a beast. The s/c on the stang was pretty much silent so people never knew what to expect. I didn't test drive either of the Subaru's even though that probably would have been a good idea. I always liked the STI but that was another 15K to the price tag. The speed can be a bit much to handle under hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd because you are putting so much HP/TQ to the front wheels but nothing that isn't managable. The car is a beast in 3rd/4th/5th/6th. I have no problem passing in traffic in 6th gear. The handling is very tight and even going around corners at high speeds the car stays flat and feels very stable. I brought the speed because it was cheap (through someone I know I got it for $21,500), limited production run (call me vain), dub as the fastest FWD production car (call me vain again), its pretty much a sleeper (if you don't know what to look for you will mistake it for a regular 3 hatch) and because I giggled like a school girl when I test drove it. I will be honest with you, I have had the car for about a month now and it is still nothing but a blast to drive. The interior feels like a much more expensive car. I actually look for excuses to go drive it.

#6542 - 07/03/07 11:40 PM Re: Your car before your Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a 96 Chevy Corvette; it was a great car. But I am enjoying my 06 4x2 Offroad.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal