shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#643906 - 28/10/03 05:06 PM 2 different versions of the Nissan Sport Muffler?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been lurking this site for awhile now, researching a higher performance exhaust for my 2003 Xterra SE - S/C.

I ordered a Nissan Sport Muffler from my dealer thinking I was getting the Dynomax system but when I check out the Nissan Web Site they show a variable capacity muffler. Are there 2 different offerings from Nissan now?

I'm trying to get in touch with my local Nissan parts guy(the one I always do business with), but just my luck, he's off today. Great frown

#643907 - 29/10/03 09:08 AM Re: 2 different versions of the Nissan Sport Muffler?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
The old one (called the "stainless sport exhaust") is the complete, stainless steel system that includes the Y-pipe replacement and has the Dynomax muffler. Doesn't look like Nissan is hawking this kit anymore ( though it is "in stock" at nissanparts.cc )
The new one on Nissan\'s site does not include the Y-pipe, has a "polished aluminum" finish, and supposedly has the variable-capacity muffler shown in this animation but I don't see how that would work since the system shown above has only one outlet just like the stock exhaust.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#643908 - 29/10/03 03:43 PM Re: 2 different versions of the Nissan Sport Muffler?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got in contact with my dealer (Nissan 112, Patchogue, NY) and made sure he ordered me the older system. Thanks for the help

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal