shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#644553 - 04/05/03 07:09 PM Some useful info on buying a FIPK
DesertMike Offline

Loc: Malmstrom AFB, MT
I've noticed alot of questions on upgrades and specifically about the air filter stuff. I searched the threads and didn't see any info on this specifically, then again, maybe our server just blocked some! haha! But anyways, I looked around at prices and came up with two places that seem reasonable. The first place (which I discovered through this BB) is truckperformance.com, they're selling the Fuel Injection Performance Kit (FIPK) for 225.99 plus shipping (not sure how much that is). The other place, which I'm going to order from as soon as I get back to the states, is 4filters.com, they sell exculsively K&N products and there price was 224.25 and free shipping for the kit. I did look at some other places but these two offered the best bargains, I thought. Hopefully this will help someone out who's just starting to look or was wondering about some good prices. I'm sure some others got some smoking deals, but for what I could find this was great! To save the questions about whats the difference between the FIPK and the off road aircharger, the difference is a sticker stating its smog legal now. (of course I'm not an engineer). AXLE had posted this info here: http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=000041;p=2

Have a good one, and drink a beer or 6 for me will ya?

#644554 - 04/05/03 07:18 PM Re: Some useful info on buying a FIPK
NetJunkie Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Good synopsis. I see some conflicting info. Can someone confirm that the FIPK fits the SC trucks too? Do I need to do anything special to it for the SC?

What about water? I saw somewhere that the bottom isn't closed in.... That true? My X will see some offroad use...last thing I want is hydrolock.

#644555 - 04/05/03 10:02 PM Re: Some useful info on buying a FIPK
xcanuk Offline

Loc: Mtl. Que. Canada

#644556 - 04/05/03 10:39 PM Re: Some useful info on buying a FIPK
DesertMike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NetJunkie:
Good synopsis. I see some conflicting info. Can someone confirm that the FIPK fits the SC trucks too? Do I need to do anything special to it for the SC?

What about water? I saw somewhere that the bottom isn't closed in.... That true? My X will see some offroad use...last thing I want is hydrolock.
This posting doesn't discuss water cooling but does discuss a bit about putting this on an SC.
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=000041;p=1
hope this helps a bit for this part.
also what did you find conflicting? Sorry, I don't have any knowledge about hydrolocking!
laugh

#644557 - 05/05/03 12:48 PM Re: Some useful info on buying a FIPK
bpdA Offline

Loc: Chicago IL, Orange Co. CA, and...
I have just ordered the FIPK from 4filters.com for the price you have said above (and no tax either to Illinois shipping address) and would recommend them. Seems they have the best price I've found (incl shipping). I am eagerly anticipating coming back to the states next week to find the shipment there and install it in my X. (Side note, not having my truck for 5 months has sucked big time and having to deal with the puny cars rental companies give you for my road trips has been a chore. I can't wait to get in the drivers seat of my X again! Time to add some new parts to celebrate!)

#644558 - 05/05/03 03:34 PM Re: Some useful info on buying a FIPK
DesertMike Offline

Here's yet another place for 224.25:http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/knfilters/search_vehicles

#644559 - 05/05/03 04:36 PM Re: Some useful info on buying a FIPK
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Good idea Xcanuk! I was thinking of just getting some vinal floor liner and doing something like that (when I actually get my FIPK :rolleyes: laugh ) I was just concerned about using the wrong type of metal and having it rust...

DKX01

#644560 - 05/05/03 05:50 PM Re: Some useful info on buying a FIPK
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
Quote:
Originally posted by NetJunkie:

I have the aircharger in my XE-S/C. I had no trouble mounting it. The intake systems are no different that the N/A versions. I would expect the FIPK to fit as well but probably isn't smog certified on the S/C models yet so it's not listed in the application chart.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal