2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#646180 - 10/04/07 07:43 AM Nissan Dealership repair fiasco
Anonymous
Unregistered

So under everyones advice , I went and bought a OBDD code reader -best investment evermade . I hookded it up and yes the dreaded knock sensor code came up . i Went to the nissan dealer ship to book and appointment and the service adviser said that I need to pay $105 for a diagnostic and so I told him I already know what the issue is ,and that the knock sensor was causing the the truck to run on halfpower . He told me he had never replaced a knock sensor - ya right what BS . And he told me that he is pretty sure it was not a knock sensor . Anyhow 2 hours later a lady called back told that the sensor plus some gasket and the supercharger needed to be replaced $1650 Canadian. I told her WHAT . I said the super charger is under warranty and becuase the sensor caused the issue in the first place without warning that should be covered as well . The service adviser then called me and stated that he will cover the super charger under warranty but the gasket and knock sensor was not covered and that it would be $950 Canadian for everything . I was pissed , I told him if something that caused the problem without warning ie engine light was not covered under warranty but it caused a major component to damaged which is under warranty does that make sense ? he told me to call the dealership I bought it from which is like 2 hours away . Anyway I called Nissan canada and they told me they would get back to me , what BS !!!

#646181 - 10/04/07 09:19 AM Re: Nissan Dealership repair fiasco
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
The service advisor has nothing to do with warranty or not, not even the dealership has control over that. Each OEM has specific guidelines and either ADP, mitchell on demand, etc programs that will tell them the warranty codes for the warranty administrator to input into the system. The dealership errored on their side as they do not know how long the light was on and what other damage might have been caused as a result of not getting it checked. Alot also depends on how many modifications your X has on it. Despite what people around here like to think your owners manual clearly states that non OEM parts can and sometime will void the warranty. What is probably happening now is that the service manager is talking with the regional service rep and that will be the reps decision to warranty or not. The dealer has to ensure that they get paid for their work and that the claim doesnt come back on them as to many of those will cause an audit. The diagnostic fee is included with the service and usually no way around that as the dealer can not take your word for it and they have to have confirmation from their equipment. If you dont like the outcome ask the service manager for the district reps contact info and give them a call. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#646182 - 10/04/07 09:25 AM Re: Nissan Dealership repair fiasco
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Tim ,

my Xterra is an 2002 with 5900km on it an no modifications at all , all stock

#646183 - 10/04/07 09:32 AM Re: Nissan Dealership repair fiasco
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
You should have no problems with warranty work then. Sit down the service manager and just ask why it wouldnt be warranty. If that isnt good ask for the district reps name. My wife is a Mazda service manager and she loves handing sticky situations to the rep....thats why they get paid the big bucks!!!!! smile Good luck.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal