shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#648519 - 24/09/02 08:16 AM Power mirror
Anonymous
Unregistered

My driver-side mirror was smashed by a Cadillac Escalade (hit and run) this weekend and I'm trying to see about fixing it. I just got off the phone with the dealership and they told me you have to replace the entire mirror assembly, instead of just the glass.

Is there any way to replace just the glass? The motor and everything else works fine. It seems silly to buy a $150 assembly to replace $5 of glass. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

#648520 - 24/09/02 08:47 AM Re: Power mirror
20-100 Offline

Loc: Quebec, QC, Canada
at Canadian Tire's (a chain of auto parts and accesories in Canada) they have mirror replacement glasses (think of a mirror of the correct shape backed with double sided tape).

#648521 - 24/09/02 07:40 PM Re: Power mirror
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Checked my parts list and they only come as assemblies!

Sorry!

-Rick

#648522 - 24/09/02 09:58 PM Re: Power mirror
vibetrans Offline

Loc: San Mateo, CA
hmmmm... may i just say WHAT AN ASSHOLE !!! to the escalade driver?? that's all... mad why would someone be such a jerkass??

#648523 - 08/10/02 04:26 PM Re: Power mirror
bpdA Offline

Loc: Chicago IL, Orange Co. CA, and...
Same thing happened to me back in June (except mine was removed by a CTA bus who decided on lane wasn't enough for him). Had to replace the entire assembly, there where no individual pieces available. Final tally was pushing $300 installed by the end of it.

#648524 - 08/10/02 07:06 PM Re: Power mirror
Toy Man Offline

Loc: Beaverton Oregon
I replaced mine several weeks ago
after whacking a tree.

$150.

I didn't check on just the mirror
glass replacement but would think
someone makes these.

It was a pretty easy install.

Toy Man

#648525 - 08/10/02 09:17 PM Re: Power mirror
Ag_xterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
you cant replace just the glass, if you dont believe me crack the remaining glass off the mirror and see how it's attached. nissan engineering at its finest.

#648526 - 09/10/02 06:55 AM Re: Power mirror
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Try this site

http://www.partznet.com/nissanhomepage.html

Click on 2001 Xterra (obviously smile )
then on front door
then on Glass
then on Heated

and it shows that you can buy just the mirror part of the outside mirror assembly...I bought a replacement mirror from this place for my 94 Sentra and it was perfect.. wink

Or another option you have is to find a local Glass replacement shop,cause sometimes they do replacement mirrors and can do one for you...I know there's a local one near me that does it for a fairly resonable price...

#648527 - 09/10/02 07:20 AM Re: Power mirror
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ag_xterra:
you cant replace just the glass, if you dont believe me crack the remaining glass off the mirror and see how it's attached. nissan engineering at its finest.
There were only a few remaining pieces left - it looks like they were just epoxied to the plastic underneath.

RI Xterra - thanks for the link. $39 for the glass is definitely better than $150 for the whole assembly. The wierd thing is (1) that it's listed as heated (2) that it's listed from 12/98 and (3) that three dealers have told me you can't buy the glass without the entire assembly. I'll give them a call and make sure it's legit for the X, but I certainly appreciate the link.

#648528 - 09/10/02 12:56 PM Re: Power mirror
Xrugger Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by goofiefoot:
and (3) that three dealers have told me you can't buy the glass without the entire assembly. I'll give them a call and make sure it's legit for the X, but I certainly appreciate the link.
You can't get just the glass through Nissan. Doesn't mean you can't get just the mirror through aftermarket. A dealership isn't going to tell you you can pay $40 to a local parts store or glass shop when they can get $150 from you instead.

#648529 - 09/10/02 01:30 PM Re: Power mirror
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally posted by goofiefoot:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ag_xterra:
[b]you cant replace just the glass, if you dont believe me crack the remaining glass off the mirror and see how it's attached. nissan engineering at its finest.
There were only a few remaining pieces left - it looks like they were just epoxied to the plastic underneath.

RI Xterra - thanks for the link. $39 for the glass is definitely better than $150 for the whole assembly. The wierd thing is (1) that it's listed as heated (2) that it's listed from 12/98 and (3) that three dealers have told me you can't buy the glass without the entire assembly. I'll give them a call and make sure it's legit for the X, but I certainly appreciate the link.[/b]
Yeah I noticed those things but hopefully it'll be right and it'll fit fit....Like I said I got that one for my older car there....

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal