shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#652777 - 07/02/01 07:39 PM Relay Boards for Lights???
Gator Saver Offline

Loc: Lakeland, FL
A while back I saw someone that had a wiring harness that was plugged in to a box under the hood. In that box was a printed circuit board with 6 30amp relays on it. He ran his switch wires in and the power and ground wires and everything was so neat. He had a lot of lights and every pair was run trough this board. He said you could buy the boxes with 1, 2, 4,6,8 relays and up 70 amp each. I would like to add up to 3(on road driving, fog, and off-road) pair of 55w lights. Of course with an up-grade in my battery. I can't find any relay boards online. I know enough about 12-volt to get in trouble. I want it to look good under the hood, not like a spider web of wiring. Thanks for all the help.

------------------
Allen Powell
Gator Saver
Member number #112 Aug. 20, 2000

#652778 - 09/02/01 09:53 AM Re: Relay Boards for Lights???
coolerman Offline

Loc: Paint Lick, KY USA
What you saw was a kit I am currently looking at putting together. You have the description correct. I have my Hella driving lights, my backup lights and will have my underbody off-road lights connected to it. Anything can be connected to it up to 30 amps for each fuse or a total of 100 amps for the whole block. The kit will include the fuse block, 100 amp circuit breaker to protect the block itself, pre-made wiring harness to connect to the battery and circuit breaker and a bracket to mount it to the Security horn under the hood. Options will include kits to wire up any kind of light (1 relay,wiring harness,your choice of switches (lit or unlit + several different styles) and the fuse for the block. I also offer clutch interlock bypass kits for manual transmissions. This allows you to start the truck in gear without pushing in the clutch. It works as follows: You stall on a steep hill and trying to pull out will result in tire spin, sending you to the bottom. With this kit you turn on the key, press a button on the dash which triggers a relay which tells the computer the clutch has been pressed in. Now start the truck! The starter will rotate the engine fast enough to start in 4-wheel drive! The tires don't spin because you arn't popping the clutch! Another use (the one I use on my Pathfinder) is pulling out on a steep,slick boat ramp with a heavy boat. How many times have you looked like an idiot by stalling in this situation? When the truck is turned off the relay resets and prevents the truck from being accidently started in gear. For the truly paranoid I offer a timer that will turn the relay off after a preset time has elapsed.
This kit has been installed and tested on a Frontier pickup owned by a MAXC member. I am currently building 10 kits for other members. If you or anyone else is interested in either of these kits e-mail me @ coolerman@qx.net

------------------
Coolerman
Member of MAXC
1991 XE V6 5sp Pathfinder
2000 SE V6 Auto Xterra
1972 Toyota Land Cruiser
2013 Altima SV
1971 Toyota Land Cruiser

#652779 - 10/02/01 06:57 PM Re: Relay Boards for Lights???
twobeagles Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Can you post some under the hood photos to show the installation?

------------------
VB
2001 Xterra SE
4X4 5spd Ghost White

#652780 - 11/02/01 10:13 AM Re: Relay Boards for Lights???
coolerman Offline

Loc: Paint Lick, KY USA
Guys after re-reading the first post I must confess I think You saw someone elses product! The kit I have is a fuse block kit with the relays mounted where they are needed. Here is a pic of the fuse block with the Driving Light relay mounted to it in my truck. I still have not set a price for this setup. I will post a price for this no later than Monday.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1412156&a=10559955&p=40152214

------------------
Coolerman
Member of MAXC
1991 XE V6 5sp Pathfinder
2000 SE V6 Auto Xterra
1972 Toyota Land Cruiser

[This message has been edited by coolerman (edited 02-11-2001).]

2013 Altima SV
1971 Toyota Land Cruiser