2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#654884 - 26/03/03 06:58 PM 30,000 Mile Tune Up
loopit Offline

Loc: Annapolis, MD
My X has 30,000 miles and I have a few questions about the tune-up.

I looked at the PCV filter and it looked and sounded fine when rattling it. Do I really need to replace it?

Is it difficult to do the "Front-wheel bearing grease & free-running hub grease" and "Limited-slip differential gear oil"? If not, how do I do it? If so, how much would this cost at the dealer?

I need to replace my brakes cause they started to squek. I checked out XterraParts.com and they are $60. Are these the only ones that I should use or are there cheaper ones that work just as good available at like Advanced Auto Parts? How much do these usually cost?

Jeff

#654885 - 26/03/03 09:39 PM Re: 30,000 Mile Tune Up
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Sounds like the PCV filter is good but heck change it anyway. It is pretty inexpensive to replace.

I haven't done my hubs yet but they are planned for this spring.

As for T-case fluid I would recommend getting a small hand pump to fill it. OffroadX post instructions at one time on here so do a search and you should be able to find them.

I did my brakes last year. They will run you about 50 bucks at Checker Auto parts for Raybestos pads. They are simple to do. In fact, purchase a Chilton/Hayes book for the year of your truck and you should be able to find instructions to help you do all the work you want to do.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal