shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#659019 - 27/02/01 10:39 AM Scratches!
Zoom Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA. US
While my wife was pushing the snow off the hood of our X with an aluminum handled broom, she managed to put some fairly deep scartches in the paint. Does anyone think it might be possible to or reccomended to try touch up paint or should I lay out some cash to correct?

Of course had these scratches had been placed by a radical off-roading ride...heh.

Thanks!

------------------
--Zoom->
2001 Silver Ice
4X4 V6 XE AUTO 3-PAK

#659020 - 27/02/01 12:07 PM Re: Scratches!
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Ouch! That sucks. "Bad wife. Bad, bad wife!"

If they're down to the metal or primer - I'd definately get 'em attended to, and soon - before they get rusty. If it's still within the top coat(s) then you might try just compounding them out.

------------------
2001 Solar Yellow SE 4x4 V6 5spd

#659021 - 03/03/01 06:27 PM Re: Scratches!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speaking of this, is the primer white for all xterras regardless of colour? I find there are tiny white scratches on my paint which look too shalow to be sheet metal. I tried touch up paint but it becomes noticeable. I find the paint to be very flimsy and I don't really know what to do (not worth doing a paint job but I sure don't want it to rust either).

------------------

#659022 - 04/03/01 06:06 AM Re: Scratches!
Scott Offline

Loc: Fort Collins, Colorado
The "white" scratches are probably just scratches through the clear coat. Put a coat of wax on it and see if they don't become a lot less white. I've got tons of branch scratches and they all looked white at first, but when waxed are less noticeable. I have a darker color (Denim Blue) BTW.

------------------

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal