shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#662509 - 18/06/07 06:28 PM NHL 07-08
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Good idea Conky! [ThumbsUp]

Since the draft is Friday and the Flyers kicked out off trading season in a big way, lets get the 07-08 thread started!

#662510 - 18/06/07 11:06 PM Re: NHL 07-08
BigE515 Offline

Claude Julien is the new coach of the B's....ahhhhh, a new sucker. Poor bastard! :rolleyes:

#662511 - 19/06/07 04:37 AM Re: NHL 07-08
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
Pred's are dumping their talent in the hopes of relocating to Hamilton, Ontaro.

wery intewesting

#662512 - 19/06/07 06:54 AM Re: NHL 07-08
BigE515 Offline

$6 million per season for a 32 year old D'man? Thats too bad about the Preds. They have/had a good team. It sucks for the Nashville fans, to get close to building a Cup contender then once things start looking good they dismantle it? There's going to be a lot of angry people in Nashville, all 5,000 of the people that do go. :p

#662513 - 19/06/07 07:27 AM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let's go Flyers!!!

#662514 - 19/06/07 09:02 AM Re: NHL 07-08
Claus Offline

Mike Keenan to calgary...yeah right as if that is going to work.

I am excited, Vancouver is on the road to greatness we finally have a top coach and some great talent.

I say fuck summer let's move straight into the new season.

On another note:

Scandinavia is moving towards combining Denmark,Sweden,Finland and Norway into 1 big leauge. would it not be very cool to have a European EHL and combine it with the NHL where they meet in a big ass round robin style play off and crown the world champ??.

Discuss

#662515 - 19/06/07 09:08 AM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:

I am excited, Vancouver is on the road to greatness we finally have a top coach and some great talent.

On another note:

Scandinavia is moving towards combining Denmark,Sweden,Finland and Norway into 1 big leauge. would it not be very cool to have a European EHL and combine it with the NHL where they meet in a big ass round robin style play off and crown the world champ??.

Discuss
That would rock.

Hamilton is not a big enough town to support an NHL Franchise...but it would make for a good interesting rivalry between them and the Leafs...the QEW series laugh

#662516 - 19/06/07 07:34 PM Re: NHL 07-08
BigE515 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PHILADELPHIA X:
Let's go Flyers!!!
Wow, you're still alive? laugh

#662517 - 20/06/07 10:59 AM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Quote:
Originally posted by PHILADELPHIA X:
[b]Let's go Flyers!!!
Wow, you're still alive? laugh [/b]
I just hang out in the background until my name is called.

#662518 - 20/06/07 02:41 PM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
[b]Mike Keenan to calgary...yeah right as if that is going to work.

On another note:

Discuss
That would rock.

Hamilton is not a big enough town to support an NHL Franchise...but it would make for a good interesting rivalry between them and the Leafs...the QEW series laugh [/b]
hamilton itself may not be big enough to support an nhl team, but the southern ontario definitely is. the people that were bitching the most were the sabres and their fans. the only reason they still have a team is due to the canadians traveling there to see the games in the lean years. remeber, buffalo is only an hour and a half from toronto as it is. (and it is already called the qew series) buffalo has opposed, and still does, another team so close to them. now that they have a good team, all the local fans are bitching about the canadians taking 'their' seats at the games. just another reason to hate buffalo.

the leafs on the other hand could really care less. they are the most profitable team in hockey. they could put 6 monkeys out on the ice every night and still sell out every game @ $200/ticket. it's absolutely ridiculous trying to get a ticket to a game here.

actually, i think the leafs have been putting out monkeys on the ice.....lol

#662519 - 20/06/07 04:04 PM Re: NHL 07-08
Claus Offline

give it to Winnipeg...I want my Jets back

#662520 - 20/06/07 04:14 PM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bring back the Seattle Metropolitans [Spit] Which was the first U.S. team to win the Stanley Cup in 1917. laugh

#662521 - 20/06/07 04:55 PM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JayZ:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Mike Keenan to calgary...yeah right as if that is going to work.

On another note:

Discuss
That would rock.

Hamilton is not a big enough town to support an NHL Franchise...but it would make for a good interesting rivalry between them and the Leafs...the QEW series laugh [/b]
hamilton itself may not be big enough to support an nhl team, but the southern ontario definitely is. the people that were bitching the most were the sabres and their fans. the only reason they still have a team is due to the canadians traveling there to see the games in the lean years. remeber, buffalo is only an hour and a half from toronto as it is. (and it is already called the qew series) buffalo has opposed, and still does, another team so close to them. now that they have a good team, all the local fans are bitching about the canadians taking 'their' seats at the games. just another reason to hate buffalo.

the leafs on the other hand could really care less. they are the most profitable team in hockey. they could put 6 monkeys out on the ice every night and still sell out every game @ $200/ticket. it's absolutely ridiculous trying to get a ticket to a game here.

actually, i think the leafs have been putting out monkeys on the ice.....lol[/b]
I forgot about the existing QEW series, probably because I don't give a rat's ass about Buffalo (the city itself or their teams). I do agree that it's insane trying to see the Leafs, but when I was in Toronto I could get tickets pretty much whenever I wanted through the ad agency my dad's company used. The monkeys comment, I totally agree with it's a shame.

#662522 - 20/06/07 06:59 PM Re: NHL 07-08
Claus Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by JayZ:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

On another note:

Discuss
That would rock.

actually, i think the leafs have been putting out monkeys on the ice.....lol[/b]
I forgot about the existing QEW series, probably because I don't give a rat's ass about Buffalo (the city itself or their teams). I do agree that it's insane trying to see the Leafs, but when I was in Toronto I could get tickets pretty much whenever I wanted through the ad agency my dad's company used. The monkeys comment, I totally agree with it's a shame.
Come on up. I have seasons tixs, we'll watch Canucks kick some avs ass

#662523 - 21/06/07 08:43 AM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll have to figure out a time when I can do that, Claus. I tried to get to a game when I was in Montreal just before Christmas and staying about a block from the rink but my trip was a day off their schedule.

#662524 - 21/06/07 05:47 PM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

All I have to say is Minnesota Wild Stanley Cup next year

Got to love Jacques Lemaire baby!

#662525 - 21/06/07 08:56 PM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
All I have to say is Minnesota Wild Stanley Cup next year
They better do something in free agency then. wink
This day and age with the salary cap. You never know who will be fighting it out for Lord Stanley. I think it is more luck than anything. Your team has to stay healthy to make a run for it. smile

#662526 - 23/06/07 02:09 AM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

Vokoun for draft picks? what the hell is wrong with Nashville? And it looks like they're not heading to Hamilton. Im soo confused. Perhaps Mason is the go to guy to man the net????????

#662527 - 23/06/07 07:00 AM Re: NHL 07-08
BigE515 Offline

Toskala and Bell for draft picks??? Vokoun for draft picks?? Did the Bruins get either one? Nope! It's going to be a long winter, again. mad

#662528 - 23/06/07 10:20 PM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

I heard that Manny Fernandez, Martin Gerber and Ilya Bryzgalov have been shopped around. There is also a few decent FA this year in net. If Boston does not get any of them it will be a long winter for them. wink What does Boston have coming up through the AHL in Goalies?
I can say that Boston got a great 1st round pick. I have seen him(Zach Hamill) play a few times. Great puck handling and scorer. Led the Everett Silvertips in scoring.
I thought the draft was a little boring this year. No player trades at all...Just trading of draft picks. [Sleep]

#662529 - 25/06/07 05:44 PM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah that draft was dead quiet. Nobody humored Vancouver GM Nonis' bid for the 2-3 draft picks. Makes sense though, who really wants morrison/Naslund and their contracts...i know i dont

#662530 - 25/06/07 06:51 PM Re: NHL 07-08
BigE515 Offline

I heard a rumor that Fernandez might be coming here. We have Rask in Providence, we got him for Raycroft last year

#662531 - 30/06/07 08:46 AM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

One day left until free agency. smile Does Gomez, Drury and Briere go? Also do they go on the first day of FA?
I have a feeling that the Flyers will get Briere. He is close friends and roomates on the road with Biron. They have been working out together in Buffalo still. Just a thought and hope. wink

#662532 - 30/06/07 07:19 PM Re: NHL 07-08
Anonymous
Unregistered

Manny Fernandez is now a Bruin. In exchange Bruins sent Petr Kalus and a fourth round pick.
You called it BigE [ThumbsUp]

#662533 - 30/06/07 09:21 PM Re: NHL 07-08
BigE515 Offline

We certainly didn't give up much for him, sweet! I wonder if Vancouver or Buffalo will go after Thomas, so they can have a NHL caliber backup.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal