shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 16 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#664066 - 15/10/07 11:38 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

"OU has always been the Billy Ray Cyrus of College Football."

- Colin Cowherd

wink

#664067 - 15/10/07 01:43 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
"OU has always been the Billy Ray Cyrus of College Football."

- Colin Cowherd

wink
Get back to me when Colin's got 7 National Championship trophies on his mantle. laugh

#664068 - 15/10/07 03:36 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Just heard on the radio Nebraska athletic director has been fired and they are going after the coach and chancellor next. And this weekend its the battle of Dead Man Walking Nebraska v Texas A&M

#664069 - 15/10/07 04:41 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
Quote:
[b]"OU has always been the Billy Ray Cyrus of College Football."

- Colin Cowherd

wink
Get back to me when Colin's got 7 National Championship trophies on his mantle. laugh [/b]
All those are sanction free?

I actually saw a bowl projection that had OU and UO matching up in one of the BCS bowls. With the injuries we've had I doubt Oregon will make a BCS game this year, but I'd sure love to get a big-name Big 12/Big 10 opponent in a bowl this year, because frankly I'd really like our chances. A game against a team like LSU or Florida would be a lot more touch-and-go for Oregon - that defensive speed would be a beast to deal with.

With OU specifically it'd be nice to go out and embarrass that defense again and win without all the whining about the refs. Nismo can empathize.

#664070 - 15/10/07 05:27 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
Funny how you chime in with a comment when your team hasn't done shit in what, the last 20 years?

Yeah, we got our ass destroyed today. Pummeled. Crushed. In Shannon I trust though. We're going to turn it around in the next 3 years.

Enjoy it while it lasts... [Finger]
[Spit]

That makes three years in a row. [Wave]

#664071 - 15/10/07 05:33 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]"OU has always been the Billy Ray Cyrus of College Football."

- Colin Cowherd

wink
Get back to me when Colin's got 7 National Championship trophies on his mantle. laugh [/b]
All those are sanction free?

I actually saw a bowl projection that had OU and UO matching up in one of the BCS bowls. With the injuries we've had I doubt Oregon will make a BCS game this year, but I'd sure love to get a big-name Big 12/Big 10 opponent in a bowl this year, because frankly I'd really like our chances. A game against a team like LSU or Florida would be a lot more touch-and-go for Oregon - that defensive speed would be a beast to deal with.

With OU specifically it'd be nice to go out and embarrass that defense again and win without all the whining about the refs. Nismo can empathize.[/b]
Whining, huh? Here's why I disagree. I've watched football for over 40 years and obviously, bad calls are a part of the game. The difference is that the usual bad call is made by a well-intentioned official who makes a mistake. What happened at Oregon last year was different. That was so obviously biased that everybody in the country, including some Oregon fans, could see it and smell it from a mile away. Mr. Oregon himself, Dan Fouts, called the officials out during that broadcast.

So if you're going to sit here and claim you'd watch your team take a screwing like that and say nothing in protest, I'm calling total and complete BS.

You're probably just baiting me, and that's fine. I always have the threat of humiliating you by mentioning those Arena League-reject uniforms if need be.
laugh

#664072 - 15/10/07 06:18 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

#664073 - 15/10/07 08:19 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
Just heard on the radio Nebraska athletic director has been fired and they are going after the coach and chancellor next. And this weekend its the battle of Dead Man Walking Nebraska v Texas A&M
It might end up being a race to hire the best coach between NU and A&M...

#664074 - 16/10/07 06:39 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
It might end up being a race to hire the best coach between NU and A&M...
I was laughing my ass off when I heard John Lopez (Aggie dj on 790) claim that the A&M job is a top 10 job in the nation. Not of jobs that will be open, but of all jobs. [LOL] He even went on to say that it's a better job than Nebraska. [LOL] The Aggie delusion never gets old to me. laugh

#664075 - 16/10/07 06:48 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

#664076 - 16/10/07 08:53 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]It might end up being a race to hire the best coach between NU and A&M...
I was laughing my ass off when I heard John Lopez (Aggie dj on 790) claim that the A&M job is a top 10 job in the nation. Not of jobs that will be open, but of all jobs. [LOL] He even went on to say that it's a better job than Nebraska. [LOL] The Aggie delusion never gets old to me. laugh [/b]
I'd rather be in College Station than Lincoln or Lubbock... :p

[Wave]

#664077 - 16/10/07 09:35 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:

[Wave]
Then you need to get out more. wink Oh wait, maybe you like the Aggy traditions that go on in Collie Station:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0IdWTJYrHQ

I'm just not into that sort of stuff, but each to their own I guess. [Finger]

#664078 - 16/10/07 11:57 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Just tell me, if the teams were reversed, would you or wouldn't you have been upset
Of course I would. After all, I was upset with the 10-14 points the refs spotted OU in that game. The non-call on the offensive pass interference and the snap after the play clock expired were both at least as obvious as the onsides kick debacle.

My beef is with OU fans who attribute the outcome of the game to one freaking call when there were literally hundreds of other things that also determined the outcome of the game.

But enough of this - we're now in the 2007 season.

#664079 - 16/10/07 11:59 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]It might end up being a race to hire the best coach between NU and A&M...
I was laughing my ass off when I heard John Lopez (Aggie dj on 790) claim that the A&M job is a top 10 job in the nation. Not of jobs that will be open, but of all jobs. [LOL] He even went on to say that it's a better job than Nebraska. [LOL] The Aggie delusion never gets old to me. laugh [/b]

[Wave] [/b]
A&M isn't a bad job, probably better by most accounts than Tech and worse by most accounts than Nebraska. No way in hell it's a top 10 job, though. Probably not even a top 30 job.

#664080 - 16/10/07 01:50 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Just tell me, if the teams were reversed, would you or wouldn't you have been upset
Of course I would. After all, I was upset with the 10-14 points the refs spotted OU in that game. The non-call on the offensive pass interference and the snap after the play clock expired were both at least as obvious as the onsides kick debacle.

My beef is with OU fans who attribute the outcome of the game to one freaking call when there were literally hundreds of other things that also determined the outcome of the game.

But enough of this - we're now in the 2007 season.[/b]
We can agree on one thing. Take care of business and it'll never come down to one call. OU didn't that day.

#664081 - 16/10/07 01:57 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
Steve Pederson is gone. Praise baby jebus.

Tom Osborne is back at as at least the interim AD at Nebraska.

It is finally a good day for Husker Fans again.

If any teams are looking for a new coach, it's a good bet that Bill Callahan will be available soon. I bet he'll be a real hot commodity.

#664082 - 16/10/07 02:24 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
A&M isn't a bad job, probably better by most accounts than Tech and worse by most accounts than Nebraska. No way in hell it's a top 10 job, though. Probably not even a top 30 job.
Although I did find the humor, it's definitely a top 30 job... it's just no way even close to the top 10.
Quote:
Originally posted by Coop:

Lots of work left to do. Isn't he the guy that hired Frank Solich and Bo Pellini? [Freak]

#664083 - 16/10/07 03:01 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I'd rather be in College Station than Lincoln or Lubbock... :p

[Wave]
Then you need to get out more. wink Oh wait, maybe you like the Aggy traditions that go on in Collie Station:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0IdWTJYrHQ

I'm just not into that sort of stuff, but each to their own I guess. [Finger] [/b]
To each their own indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I-4XS3XtZQ

laugh

#664084 - 16/10/07 03:08 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Hmmm, guy yanking it by himself or a bunch of guys with other guys doing a bunch of things...

Go bell ringer dude! laugh

#664085 - 16/10/07 05:02 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Although I did find the humor, it's definitely a top 30 job...
Is it? Going through BCS teams for better jobs...

ACC: Clemson, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Miami, and arguably Georgia Tech.

Big East: Probably none, but maybe WVU or Louisville.

Big 10: tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa, and arguably Mich State.

Big 12: OU, Texas, and Nebraska.

Pac 10: USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon, California, and arguably Arizona State.

SEC: South Carolina, Tenn, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, and Arkansas.

Independents: Domers.

That's 26 teams, and 5 that fall under the "arguably" label. So I guess aTm may squeak into the top 30, but at the very least it's in that 28-35 range. Top 10 is a freaking joke.

#664086 - 16/10/07 07:01 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

With their resources, what the job pays (plus cost of living), their facilities, being in Texas, close to H-town, etc., I would put the "job" ahead of the following (from your list):

ACC: Clemson, Georgia Tech.

Big East: Yup, none

Big 10: Wisconsin, Iowa, Mich State.

Big 12: agree with all

Pac 10: Washington, Oregon, Arizona State.

SEC: South Carolina, Arkansas.

Remember, we're talking about the "job", not the program which might not be in the Top 50. [Laughing]

#664087 - 16/10/07 07:09 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
With their resources, what the job pays (plus cost of living), their facilities, being in Texas, close to H-town, etc., I would put the "job" ahead of the following (from your list):

ACC: Clemson, Georgia Tech.

Big East: Yup, none

Big 10: Wisconsin, Iowa, Mich State.

Big 12: agree with all

Pac 10: Washington, Oregon, Arizona State.

SEC: South Carolina, Arkansas.

Remember, we're talking about the "job", not the program which might not be in the Top 50. [Laughing]
Counterpoint:

No way on God's green earth is aTm a better job than Wisconsin, Iowa, Washington, or Oregon. I disagree with the other teams you mentioned, but your position is at least somewhat defensible on those teams.

#664088 - 16/10/07 07:58 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Well, I'm not going to argue because I hate defending Aggy the way it is, but numbers talk. Fran is making much more than all those coaches you just named. That's right, Fran is being paid $2mil to suck ass. Not only that, but they're talking about paying the next coach $3 mil (i.e. Spurrier). eek The facilities trump them as well. It's definitely a better "job" than those 4 schools, but definitely not a better "program" than those 4 though.

#664089 - 17/10/07 07:53 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Quote:
Quote:
[b]A&M isn't a bad job, probably better by most accounts than Tech and worse by most accounts than Nebraska. No way in hell it's a top 10 job, though. Probably not even a top 30 job.
Although I did find the humor, it's definitely a top 30 job... it's just no way even close to the top 10.
Quote:
Originally posted by Coop:

Lots of work left to do. Isn't he the guy that hired Frank Solich and Bo Pellini? [Freak] [/b]
Oh yeah, there's lots of work to do, but there should be talent there in the football program for the next coaches to utilize

I've always said that Frank got a bad rap... People say there was no talent at NU when he left... Well NFL rosters disagree, I believe there were something like 6 or so guys (who were major contributors) on the team Callahan inherited who were starting in the NFL at the beginning of this season. Husker fans don't seem to remember being a top 10 team in '99, 00, and 01, but we were each of those years. It's tough to say that a guy who gave top 10 teams in 1/2 of his years was a bad hire... Most teams would take that in a heartbeat. Here in Nebraska we were just a bit spoiled.

But Frank hired Bo Pelini himself, Charlie McBride was the DC when T.O. left. Coincidentally, Pelini isn't doing too bad for himself at LSU now, and is one of those coaches that people expect to land a head coach position soon... Some hope he's wearing red again next season.

#664090 - 17/10/07 08:07 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

I think Frank's bad wrap came from not being able to do it with his players. He inherited a top 10 program and after those players left, well, you know the rest of the story. Talent's never been an issue at Nebraska. They actually have a lot of talent this year... just look at the top recruiting classes from 2004 on. It's all about the X's and O's and Calahan is the one that's not getting it done (yet, they gave him an extension at the beginning of the year for being average [Freak] ). Just look at Boise State, South Florida, BC, etc... you can win without talent. If you have talent, there's really no excuse. Maybe that's on the AD for highering him, keeping him, giving him an extension, etc... but I say it's more on the coach than the AD. Just my 2 cents.

Page 7 of 16 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal