2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 12 of 16 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#664191 - 18/11/07 01:15 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudy*:
Let's Go Mountaineers!

Well as much as I love my team, anybody that knows WVU knows that they tend to trip over themselves with numerous little mistakes when the pressure is on. I remember games in the past with Miami and Virginia Tech that could have been a big "W" if it weren't for the last 30 seconds of the game. Teh last time WVU made it to the title game was in 1989. But maybe some luck is on our side this year...

I am loving this season becuase the chamionship is wide open and we are seeing new teams all over the Top 5 and Top 25.
WVU needs to:

1) win out AND
2) see either LSU lose AND/OR
3) see Oklahoma win the Big 12 over the KU/MU winner

#664192 - 18/11/07 03:05 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Damn - Tech is kicking OU's ass (4th Q now).

Congrats Nismo - they look good. [ThumbsUp]

BOOHOOMER SOONER!!!
Let's see...national TV...great start...injured QB...subpar replacement...general meltdown...Championship hopes crushed. Yeah, looks like you and I ended up in the same %&$#*#& boat. Well, f**k a Duck! laugh

The Sooners had more than enough chances, even after falling behind, and Tech was just the better team Saturday night. A disappointing loss with some key injuries tossed in for good measure. mad

#664193 - 18/11/07 06:40 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
OrganDonor Offline

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Guns Up!

I was disappointed last week when they lost to Texas, but I'd rather them beat the BooHoomer Sooners over anyone else. Two in a row now with OU at Tech!

Gator Bowl Bound?? Nice!

#664194 - 18/11/07 08:56 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
That was my drunken post of the night. laugh I'm very happy with what I saw from this team this year despite losing 2 games we really shouldn't have. We are the 2nd youngest team in the nation and it's hard to believe that Harrell is only a junior, Crabtree is only a freshman eek and the defense is very young with more talent coming in to help. Next year should be a very big year for us. If we're ever going to win anything significant under Leach, it'll be next eyar. There's still a lot of football left though so I'm taking Bowl predictions with a grain of salt right now.

"Oklahoma, you have a very good offense. But today, you're fired!" - Donald Trump [Smoking]

#664195 - 18/11/07 09:29 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
That was my drunken post of the night. laugh I'm very happy with what I saw from this team this year despite losing 2 games we really shouldn't have. We are the 2nd youngest team in the nation and it's hard to believe that Harrell is only a junior, Crabtree is only a freshman eek and the defense is very young with more talent coming in to help. Next year should be a very big year for us. If we're ever going to win anything significant under Leach, it'll be next eyar. There's still a lot of football left though so I'm taking Bowl predictions with a grain of salt right now.

"Oklahoma, you have a very good offense. But today, you're fired!" - Donald Trump [Smoking] [/b]
Crabtree is spectacular, but I'll take Bradford at QB, and he's a redshirt freshman. He does need to work on staying out of the way when huge slobbering linebackers with visions of the end zone scoop up fumbles and head his way. [Uh Oh !]

That Tech offense is kind of gimmicky and as the old saying goes, when you pass 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad. Hmmm...actually 4 things can happen if you include a sack, so that makes 3 of them bad. So if all you can do is pass...

When it works it's fun to watch but in the long run it's too hit and miss. More balance = more success.

Congrats on a big win.

#664196 - 19/11/07 06:20 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue

WVU needs to:

1) win out AND
2) see either LSU lose AND/OR
3) see Oklahoma win the Big 12 over the KU/MU winner
I completely agree. Who knows now, God must be a Mountaineer fan this year for us to come back like this. We need to keep the turnovers down and keep Slaton pounding away at the ground to open up more options for White.

Quote:
As Pat Forde stated and complimented your quote:
If LSU should lose, or some school not named Kansas or Missouri should win the Big 12 title, West Virginia can complete a two-month backdoor play to New Orleans. Of course, the Mountaineers would have to win their final two games, at home against No. 24 Connecticut and Pittsburgh.

#664197 - 19/11/07 06:42 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

#664198 - 19/11/07 09:04 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

I think there's something wrong with people like that poster who get that torqued up about this stuff. Seriously.

#664199 - 19/11/07 11:46 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
pnwbeers, was this you:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188#s=188&f=1650&t=1449419

? laugh
No, but I share many of the sentiments in that thread. The three stoops =

#664200 - 19/11/07 07:27 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Larry, Curly, or Moe never held up a National Championship trophy. Bob Stoops did. [Smoking]

#664201 - 21/11/07 12:37 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Interesting tidbit from Si.com....

Did the Oregon coaching staff know that Dennis Dixon had a torn ACL going into the Arizona game? If so, why is there no criticism of the fact that they played a guy knowing that this was a huge risk for his pro career. I know they are playing for a national title, but what about the long-term health and financial ramifications for Dixon?
--Cristian, Washington D.C.

It's a good question. When the news first came out over the weekend that Dixon had indeed attempted to play with a torn ACL, my reaction, like a lot peoples, was "Wow ... what a warrior!" As the details surrounding his injury started to emerge, however, I found myself wondering whether Ducks coach Mike Bellotti temporarily lost his mind.

All parties apparently knew the extent of Dixon's injury shortly after it occurred late in the Nov. 3 Arizona State game. After consulting with two doctors, Dixon opted to delay surgery and attempt to keep playing and asked the school not to publicly disclose the ACL diagnosis. I don't blame a 22-year-old athlete in the thick of both national title and Heisman contention for wanting to continue competing, but Bellotti is a 56-year-old adult charged with protecting his players' welfare. You would think he would have interceded. Instead, Bellotti told reporters after the fact, "I took myself out of it. That was Dennis' decision, and the doctors clearing him."

You did what? You're the head coach and you "took yourself out of" the most important decision of your season? I have no medical training, so it's not for me to surmise whether the doctors should or should not have cleared Dixon to play, but it does seem puzzling that team doctor Robert Crist told The Oregonian after the fact that Dixon could have sustained damage to other ligaments and if so, "could never completely recover from the injury."

Presumably, Bellotti was made aware of that risk, yet opted not only to allow Dixon to play but then actively engaged in a public cover-up of the injury, even after the QB went down against Arizona. As a writer who was there that night told me, Bellotti -- knowing full well the severity of what had just happened -- told reporters with a straight face: "I don't know the degree [of the injury]. I haven't talked to [the doctors] completely."

Dixon's injury was obviously extremely unfortunate both for him and the many fans around the country who'd come to enjoy watching him. The handling of it was truly bizarre.

#664202 - 23/11/07 05:12 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I blew out my ACL while in the Marines. Straight line running was OK but as soon as you try to cut you drop like a sack of potatoes. Nothing is holding your knee in place and it hurts like hell when it gives. Luckily I didn't do any further damage but the ACL was enough. He had no business being on that field. He is not a drop back passer and I didn't see his knee in a brace.

On a different note, HOLY SHIT LSU's bubble just got burst. ASU's BCS dreams are gone.

My beloved Buckeyes might back door their way into the NCG!

What is the world coming to?

#664203 - 23/11/07 05:16 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Down goes #1... AGAIN. [Smoking]

GO A&M! Keep Fran! laugh

#664204 - 23/11/07 06:06 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fran just threw in the towel. He's out.

#664205 - 23/11/07 06:17 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Oh well, we'll beat who ever's ass they bring in again. laugh

#664206 - 24/11/07 04:14 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Still no love for the UH Warriors? Will they finally crack the BCS top 12?

#664207 - 24/11/07 05:53 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Hard to leave them out now, especially since everyone knows that Mich. St. dropped them off their schedule this year and Michigan would rather schedule App. St. instead of Hawaii. At least they tried, unlike Kansas who is currently ranked 2nd off a crappier schedule.

#664208 - 24/11/07 09:14 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Down goes #1 and #2 AGAIN on the same weekend. How many times is that now? Gotta be a record. Crazy football season.

#664209 - 25/11/07 07:38 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida

#664210 - 25/11/07 08:10 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Vote for Tim Tebow NOW!
How the hell is Chase Daniel leading?

#664211 - 25/11/07 09:53 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

People have seen Tebow in that Gator sundress Liz made for him. laugh

#664212 - 25/11/07 10:26 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

McFadden won it with that game against LSU.

#664213 - 25/11/07 12:35 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
People have seen Tebow in that Gator sundress Liz made for him. laugh
Nah, he looked hot in that too!

#664214 - 25/11/07 02:56 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gawd Oregon has fallen hard - I guess that's what you get when you're forced to play your 4th and 5th string QB's in a conference road game (with a collective 1 conference pass between them prior to Saturday and about 3 weeks practice with the offense) because there's literally nobody else available. [Freak]

This team has taken a beating.

At least I've still got Kansas to root for...err, crap.

At least Les lost. [Finger]

#664215 - 25/11/07 02:58 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by kirby34:
Still no love for the UH Warriors? Will they finally crack the BCS top 12?
Top 12 on the button. BSU-Hawaii was a really fun game to watch on Friday night. The Warriors should beat UW, and if they do they'll probably be in the Sugar.

Page 12 of 16 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal