2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#664216 - 25/11/07 08:34 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by kirby34:
[b]Still no love for the UH Warriors? Will they finally crack the BCS top 12?
Top 12 on the button. BSU-Hawaii was a really fun game to watch on Friday night. The Warriors should beat UW, and if they do they'll probably be in the Sugar.[/b]
Auright.. Go Bows.. errr Warriors. Damn I need to hurry up and graduate. Everyone here is a little nervous about the UW game coming up. Who knows? I just hope Colt Brennan gets a shoot at the Heisman. If we can beat UW I'm sure everyone will pay more attention to him.

#664217 - 26/11/07 05:17 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
The rankings are ridiculous. For example, Georgia at #4? They lost to a bad South Carolina team and were spanked by Tennessee, they're not even in the SEC championship game, and they're number 4?

It'll be interesting to see what happens if OU beats Mizzou again. I have no illusions that OU would (or should) play in the national championship game but it sure would scramble the process.

#664218 - 26/11/07 09:23 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I'll preface this by saying I'm a huge Oregon fan (I ran x-country and track for the Ducks), grew up in Oregon, etc, etc, etc, but seriously, who voted for the Ducks in the polls. (yes, that's not even a question...it's a statement...)

We looked SO bad this week it wasn't even funny - it was sad to watch. ...so a "pretty good defense" makes up for throwing a pencil-thin kid in at QB only to get knocked around on every single play??

How can a ranked team still be ranked after scoring ZERO points to a mediocre UCLA?....my goodness.

Horrible ending to a dream season...and I predict the Beavers beat us by at least 3 TDs. Ouch. [Uh Oh !] [Uh Oh !] [Uh Oh !]

#664219 - 26/11/07 09:25 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Aggies hire Mike Sherman.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127846

I hope that this will turn out to be a great hire... and that the Aggies will continue to beat the Horns... :p

#664220 - 26/11/07 09:29 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
The rankings are ridiculous. For example, Georgia at #4? They lost to a bad South Carolina team and were spanked by Tennessee, they're not even in the SEC championship game, and they're number 4?
Better question. How is KU #5 after having zero quality wins? Their first test came this weekend they got owned on all aspects of the game. The score was closer than it really was. At least Hawaii beat a ranked team. I personally would put 6-13 ahead of Kansas. I hate college football this time of the year because of the crappy system we have to live with. mad

#664221 - 26/11/07 11:41 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
Horrible ending to a dream season...and I predict the Beavers beat us by at least 3 TDs. Ouch. [Uh Oh !] [Uh Oh !] [Uh Oh !]
Beavs have a lot of key injuries on offense so I don't think they'll score a lot. But neither will Oregon, and I agree that the Beavs will probably win.

This just sucks. A healthy Oregon would own WVU, Mizzou, or tOSU and win the national title. As it is, we'll drop our last three regular season games and likely our bowl game too. I guess that's what happens when your top 3 QBs, top 2 RBs, and top 2 WR's are out. frown

#664222 - 26/11/07 12:49 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
[b]Horrible ending to a dream season...and I predict the Beavers beat us by at least 3 TDs. Ouch. [Uh Oh !] [Uh Oh !] [Uh Oh !]
Beavs have a lot of key injuries on offense so I don't think they'll score a lot. But neither will Oregon, and I agree that the Beavs will probably win.

This just sucks. A healthy Oregon would own WVU, Mizzou, or tOSU and win the national title. As it is, we'll drop our last three regular season games and likely our bowl game too. I guess that's what happens when your top 3 QBs, top 2 RBs, and top 2 WR's are out. frown [/b]
A good team in normal-looking uniforms would have worked through a few injuries. And I'm glad you left OU off your "we'd own them" list. laugh

Just pulling your chain...it's brutal when your team has a shot and the wheels fly off. Trust me, I know...aside from being a Sooner-in-law, I'm a lifelong Saints fan. Well, not that they have a shot that often but the wheels sure fly off a lot. :rolleyes:

Come on, man...just this once, just this week, root for the Sooners. You know you want to. smile

#664223 - 26/11/07 12:53 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]The rankings are ridiculous. For example, Georgia at #4? They lost to a bad South Carolina team and were spanked by Tennessee, they're not even in the SEC championship game, and they're number 4?
Better question. How is KU #5 after having zero quality wins? Their first test came this weekend they got owned on all aspects of the game. The score was closer than it really was. At least Hawaii beat a ranked team. I personally would put 6-13 ahead of Kansas. I hate college football this time of the year because of the crappy system we have to live with. mad [/b]
No need to worry... there's still some football left to be played...

Take this scenario (discussed on ESPN):

Consider that IF BOTH West Va AND Mizzou lose this weekend... Ohio State would move into the title game (obviously) but then the voters may not move up Georgia or Kansas because neither team won their division, let alone their conference... that brings us all the way to... Va Tech and LSU... considering that LSU clobbered Va Tech, if LSU wins the SEC, it wouldn't be impossible to see LSU all of a sudden in the title game against Ohio State thanks to the voters catapulting them over non-division, non-conference winners...

but then again Mizzou and WVA could win out and this would all be moot.

#664224 - 26/11/07 01:20 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Almost forgot...did anybody see the Auburn player bitten by a police K9 during the Auburn-Alabama game? Bizarre.

#664225 - 26/11/07 01:53 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Almost forgot...did anybody see the Auburn player bitten by a police K9 during the Auburn-Alabama game? Bizarre.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSpfyIaS6wE

#664226 - 26/11/07 05:16 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC

#664227 - 28/11/07 01:25 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gAMtCCezpfU [Spit]
[Spit] [LOL] [ThumbsUp]
And, of course, it had to be on #69. laugh

#664228 - 28/11/07 01:28 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Wow, Baylor just hired Texas Tech's next head coach wink :

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3131738

Good hire for them... I may be a little biased, but he's done a hell of a job resurrecting UofH from the dead.

#664229 - 28/11/07 03:17 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Too bad Baylor is a coaching graveyard.

I guess for 1.8 million a year, I could be convinced to live in Waco as well... laugh

#664230 - 28/11/07 06:41 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Well, like I said, he's just hanging around before he takes the Tech job. Only now, he's getting a taste of the Big XII. Of course, this is all moot if Leach decides to stay long term instead of having his name thrown into open coaches jobs.

#664231 - 28/11/07 09:06 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Well, like I said, he's just hanging around before he takes the Tech job. Only now, he's getting a taste of the Big XII. Of course, this is all moot if Leach decides to stay long term instead of having his name thrown into open coaches jobs.
This is also moot if Leach leaves now for Arkansas... [Freak] laugh

#664232 - 29/11/07 06:44 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Not Arkansas, UCLA. Arkansas is a lateral move at best that got thrown out there while Leach was visiting his Arkasas recruits this past weekend. Rumor has it that he's also trying to steal some of Houston Nutt's recruits as well. laugh

#664233 - 29/11/07 02:32 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

#664234 - 29/11/07 05:50 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm an Oklahoma fan this weekend!

GO SOONERS!

YOU CAN DO IT!

#664235 - 29/11/07 06:49 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Funny, that's how OU got most of its fans, the bandwagon.

#664236 - 29/11/07 07:00 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JMo:
[Spit]

#664237 - 29/11/07 10:06 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm an Ohio State fan hence the Sooner love this weekend. I'd cheer for Pitt too but only way they win is if the WVU bus drives off a cliff before the game.

#664238 - 30/11/07 05:09 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[LOL]

Damn - I'm actually kinda sorta pulling for OU this weekend either (I need a shower). Don't get me wrong - the Sooners represent all that has ever been wrong with college football. I just don't want a Big 12 team in the national championship game.

#664239 - 30/11/07 07:46 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Funny, that's how OU got most of its fans, the bandwagon.
[LOL]

Damn - I'm actually kinda sorta pulling for OU this weekend either (I need a shower). Don't get me wrong - the Sooners represent all that has ever been wrong with college football. I just don't want a Big 12 team in the national championship game.[/b]
And your teams represent all that's pure and holy about college football, right? :rolleyes:

Don't blame OU for your teams' failure to establish a winning tradition.

#664240 - 30/11/07 10:45 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
I just don't want a Big 12 team in the national championship game.
Are you serious with this? The Big 12 was one of the best conferences this year and at least Mizzou would "earn" a shot at the mNC as oppose to that Big 10 school backing their way into it.

Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal