shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#665955 - 04/08/05 07:48 AM who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Can USC 3-peat or will somone step up from the Pac-"1" and keep them from going? UT is supposed to win the Big XII South. One problem, they can't seem to get by Oklahoma. No matter how young Oklahoma is this year and no matter how many people are predicting UT to win the south, I believe that's only more fuel for Stoops to use and will win as usual. Hell, I think Tech, A&M, Ohio St. or all 3 might take one from UT as well. If I'm wrong and they get by all 4 of those games, they'll be there. I'm hoping that my second favorite school, Notre Dame, is back but they still may be a couple years out. Is Auburn going to contend again? What about the Florida schools: Miami, Florida and Florida State? Finally, the Big 11 errr 10. Is anyone going to be worth a damn this year? Am I leaving any other possible contenders out?

#665956 - 04/08/05 07:59 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
I would say USC is hands down the favorite. They have a fifth year senior/Hiesman winner at QB. Everyone and their mother wants to go play football there. What more do they need?

#665957 - 04/08/05 10:19 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
They have a fifth year senior/Hiesman winner at QB.
Sounds like another school that played for the championship last year and got blown out. [Freak]

#665958 - 04/08/05 11:18 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Sooners may be young. But with most of the media overlooking them this year, it plays right into the coaching staff's hands. Just like in 2000, the Sooners are getting no respect nationally. If we get by UCLA and Texas, then it is smooth sailing to Pasadena. Probably face Florida or the USC rematch. Either way, 30 days until the Sooners kickoff!

#665959 - 04/08/05 11:20 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
UT all the way!

#665960 - 04/08/05 11:26 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
[b]They have a fifth year senior/Hiesman winner at QB.
Sounds like another school that played for the championship last year and got blown out. [Freak] [/b]
Then you must look at who blew them out.

#665961 - 04/08/05 11:30 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

UT plays at Ohio State, at Missouri, at Kyle Field and has to get the Stoops monkey off Mack Brown's back. And they have to do it with inexperienced wide receivers and a QB who hasn't proven that he can throw the ball. And don't come back with "Rose Bowl" because regardless of what Mack Brown believes, that was a fluke. I might have given Vince Young some credit if his defense had showed up. (Last second field goal) I don't mean to offend, because the Sooners didn't even show up against USC last year. But that is my point. That was last year and it's time to step up and see who can run the table in the Big 12 South this year. BOOMER....SOONER!!!!

#665962 - 04/08/05 11:38 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some teams that may have been left out are Tenn. the completely killed a good Tex A&M team in the bowls last year, and the coach has said this is his best team ever(I know they always say that), also another sleeper may be Iowa, they have won 31 games in the last 3 years. But they have to beat Ohio State first [Uh Oh !] . My pic (yes very biased) as a contender to USC in the PAC-10 is my alma mater(SP?) Arizona State (to play USC in OCT.), finished 19 in the BCS last year. Other than those you can't count out Texas, with Vince Young, who is labeled a running back playing quarterback.

#665963 - 04/08/05 01:06 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Texas A&M was over-rated last year, so that Tennesse game wasn't much of a surprise. Hell, it took them overtime at home to beat us. smile Still, I guess it's safe to say that whoever comes out of the Big XII South will mostly likely play for the championship while the Big XII North will once again be their bitches. laugh

#665964 - 04/08/05 01:24 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

USC is the clear favorite. If I were a dick-wrap fan my biggest concern would be the Norm Chow factor.

As far as the rest of the Pac goes, Arizona State or Cal are the obvious runner-up picks. WSU and OSU are on the way down. UW will be better, but they need a couple of years to right the ship. Stanford will remain at the bottom, and they will be joined by UCLA. Arizona will be better, but they're probably still a mid-pack team.

Oregon is the dark horse in the conference - they've under-performed every year since they were screwed in '01, but they are changing up the offense this year and they're absolutely loaded at the skill positions. Could be really good, could be poor - we'll see. They may have a fighting chance against USC because they get to play them at Autzen, but a win in that one will be tough to come by.

Back to the national picture, I've been hearing a lot about Texas, but the schedule is brutal. Basically if USC can handle the coaching transition, they shouldn't struggle much against any team in the country.

#665965 - 04/08/05 05:52 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
The U baby!

[img]http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/mifl/graphics/mifl-log[/img]

Yeah, it might be a tough year. Sigh. [Crybaby] But they'll still beat the fucking 'Noles! [Finger]

#665966 - 10/08/05 08:26 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

TEXAS TECH

#665967 - 11/08/05 06:15 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
JBONE Offline

Loc: Elk River, MN
VOLS all the way baby!!

Seriously though, with road games against Florida, LSU, 'Bama, and Notre Dame, it will be tough. We have all the elements to competer and win at any level. We'll see though, thats why we play the games.

#665968 - 23/08/05 08:05 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

After further consideration, I think it will definitely be USC again. Think about it, they play no one because their conference is weak. The Big XII South will beat each other up and so will the SEC and ACC. Maybe someone from the Big 11 might sneak in to play USC. [Freak]

BTW, all rankings are now out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

#665969 - 23/08/05 10:18 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think a lot of this all depends on who even gets to play for the title. True, USC has a leg up, at the moment, but nobody really knows what this new Harris Poll is going to do for it all.

Top that off with the realistic possibility of 4 teams going undefeated (USC, Texas, Tennesse, Louisville), and you've got a nice little BCS mess to clean up, yet again.

I think, realistically, the only one of those 4 that might drop a game, is Texas, and only because of the competition they have to play. USC doesn't have to play anybody that's tough, and neither does Louisville. (I'll admit, UofL has the easiest path to an undefeated season). Tennessee has a few tough games, but I think they're head and shoulders above the rest of the SEC, that they could pull it off.

It could be an interesting, come middle November, if all 4 of those squads are still undefeated.

#665970 - 23/08/05 12:31 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with you except for the fact that Texas will lose against Texas Tech

#665971 - 23/08/05 01:42 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gilsnuxs:
I agree with you except for the fact that Texas will lose against Texas Tech
Wow, gilsnuxs, you're even more of a fan than I am... and I'm pretty bad. smile I do not necessarily say they'll lose to us. Winning in Austin is very hard to do. But I will say that they will lose to Ohio St., Oklahoma, Texas A&M and/or Texas Tech.

What's funny is Texas A&M. They are, once again, the most completely over-rated team in the nation. Notre Dame and Nebraska are finally no longer over-rated. The media keeps saying they're going to contend with Texas in the Big XII South. One major problem, they play in Lubbock this year. When was the last time they won there? I can't find any information from that far back. [LOL] Hell, it took overtime at home to beat Tech last year. The other problem the media is missing out on is Bob Stoops. Since when is Oklahoma out of the picture? Stoops's Sooners remind of Belichick's Patriots. No love from the media which only helps them step it up to another level. The Big XII South is going to be very exciting to watch this year, but I find it hard to believe someone will be playing for the national championship once the smoke clears. The Big XII North might as well not exist this year like last year.

#665972 - 23/08/05 02:02 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah you can never rule out the Sooners. I'm stoked because my friends little brother plays for them. And their offense just gets me excited for all the highlight reels.

I do agree that A&M is extremely overrated. I know that they haven't won in LUbbock for the last five years for sure.

The only thing that sucks is that the south beats up on each other while the north just coasts along.

#665973 - 24/08/05 02:51 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

#665974 - 24/08/05 03:59 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dig that pic. I need to find one with the XII logo.

#665975 - 24/08/05 08:38 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX

#665976 - 24/08/05 09:16 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

#665977 - 28/08/05 05:45 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
They did?
http://aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=8942

laugh :p

#665978 - 28/08/05 08:52 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
They did?
http://aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=8942

laugh :p
Overtime... AT HOME. [LOL] Even the final polls realized this and they're ALWAYS biased towards you guys:
Final 2004 Rankings:
Coaches Poll :
Texas Tech: 17
Texas A&M: ?
AP Poll :
Texas Tech: 18
Texas A&M: ?
[Finger]

#665979 - 28/08/05 05:13 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

haha, the winner of big XII south vs tennesse....USC will lose.

The texas home schedule sucks....with the exception of TT, though if its anything like last year, that wont be much of a game either [LOL] [Finger]

now they have one hell of a road schedule...Ohio state, technically oklahoma, oklahoma state, A&M, missouri.

and as everyone else has been saying, the Big XII north is a joke once again...possibly another 4-4 team will get in from the north.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal