shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#666155 - 06/11/05 07:18 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[b]You're total lack of knowledge about college football is truly astounding.

Bravo. [Freak]
:rolleyes:

Worst comeback ever. Usually said when one can't defend themselves. [LOL] [/b]
Umm, no offense dude, but you aren't worth the time. I can swallow an argument that the Pac is 3rd, or possibly even 4th from an SEC homer (I think they're 2nd, but ok - 3rd is at least arguable). But then you try (sadly) to argue the Big12 is better, which is blatently pathetic at best. Suck it up - your conference has 1 good team, 1 average team, and 10 bad teams. Reality bites.

Then to top it off you actually list the WAC as the 6th best conference - there's 1 decent team in that conference, and that's it (BSU sucks this year).

Sorry, but I have about zero respect for your opinions on college football.

You're a Big12 homer that never sees games west of your conference and forms opinions based on the eastern-biased boobs at ESPN.

#666156 - 06/11/05 07:32 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Hey, he had the big 10 up there! 'Ya gotta like him!!! laugh

PS - I'll save 'ya some time! I really only follow the big ten because of Michigan so I truly don't follow all the conferences to know what's up. I can say this though, as far as National Championships are concerned, I think the big 10 is lacking these days!!!

#666157 - 06/11/05 08:11 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by dezurtrat:
Ya gotta like him!!!
No I don't - he's an idiot.

#666158 - 07/11/05 07:13 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Umm, no offense dude, but you aren't worth the time. I can swallow an argument that the Pac is 3rd, or possibly even 4th from an SEC homer (I think they're 2nd, but ok - 3rd is at least arguable). But then you try (sadly) to argue the Big12 is better, which is blatently pathetic at best. Suck it up - your conference has 1 good team, 1 average team, and 10 bad teams. Reality bites.

Then to top it off you actually list the WAC as the 6th best conference - there's 1 decent team in that conference, and that's it (BSU sucks this year).

You're a Big12 homer that never sees games west of your conference and forms opinions based on the eastern-biased boobs at ESPN.
1 average team? That shows just how much you know about college football and the Big XII. Again, they were the 4th best Big XII team last year and they completely destroyed your 2nd best team. You still can't argue that which is laughable. I knew more about the major sports than you when I was in high school. Wait, how old are you? [Huh?] All I know is I follow college football with a passion from east coast to west coast. I watch it all because it doesn't matter to me... it's college football. Your knowledge about college football outside of the Pac-1 is laughable. First, the Pac-10 is the 2nd best conference and now you're saying they're 3rd or 4th. Your credibility is officially over. I don't know how many beatings it takes for you to realize that west coast football just isn't up to par with the rest of the nation. All the talent goes to one school and that's if they decide to stay over there.

BTW, yes, I put the WAC 6th, but it doesn't matter. 6th and beyond suck anyway. If you want to put the Big East or Conf. USA ahead of them, I'll listen to that argument. I don't care... they all suck.

Anyway, how about UC Davis? [LOL]

#666159 - 07/11/05 07:15 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
No I don't - he's an idiot.
Awwwwwwwhhh, wwwwaaaaaa. [Crybaby]

[Finger]

#666160 - 07/11/05 07:37 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Umm, no offense dude, but you aren't worth the time. I can swallow an argument that the Pac is 3rd, or possibly even 4th from an SEC homer (I think they're 2nd, but ok - 3rd is at least arguable). But then you try (sadly) to argue the Big12 is better, which is blatently pathetic at best. Suck it up - your conference has 1 good team, 1 average team, and 10 bad teams. Reality bites.

1 average team? That shows just how much you know about college football and the Big XII. Again, they were the 4th best Big XII team last year and they completely destroyed your 2nd best team. You still can't argue that which is laughable. I knew more about the major sports than you when I was in high school. Wait, how old are you? [Huh?] All I know is I follow college football with a passion from east coast to west coast. I watch it all because it doesn't matter to me... it's college football. Your knowledge about college football outside of the Pac-1 is laughable. First, the Pac-10 is the 2nd best conference and now you're saying they're 3rd or 4th. Your credibility is officially over. I don't know how many beatings it takes for you to realize that west coast football just isn't up to par with the rest of the nation. All the talent goes to one school and that's if they decide to stay over there.
[/b]

I said I thought the Pac was second, but I would entertain an argument for 3rd. I only said I'd listen to an argument for 4th from a SEC homer. An argument that the Big-12 is better doesn't pass the puke test.

If you think all the talent in the Pac-10 goes to SC then you've just shown that you are lying about watching west coast football. Or maybe you're just stupid. Who knows.

Finally, Tech is average in terms of to-25 ball. Colorado is below average on that yardstick. You disagree? Hell, even the eastern-biased rankings have Tech at almost exactly average (slightly below).

Quote:
BTW, yes, I put the WAC 6th, but it doesn't matter. 6th and beyond suck anyway. If you want to put the Big East or Conf. USA ahead of them, I'll listen to that argument. I don't care... they all suck.
I agree that it's not worth arguing, but it is worth pointing out that you listed the WAC at 6 because of the Fresneck and BSU clips you've seen on sportscenter over the last couple of years. It's just another indication of the level of knowledge you have about college football.

#666161 - 07/11/05 08:35 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
off2cjb Offline

Im sorry, VaTech flopped. Geez, why did they even bother getting dirty?

#666162 - 07/11/05 09:24 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! The "U" still has a loss coming courtesy of GT. [Finger]
[Spit]

I understand you're giddy over the Panthers this year (who were my dark horse Super Bowl pick since July, I might add), but stop drinking dude. Seriously.

[Finger]

#666163 - 07/11/05 12:25 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Hey Texas fans, you've got to love Miami. Now, there's no worries about getting snubbed from the National Championship game. Just win out and you'll be there. [ThumbsUp] That would be great if our only loss is to the National Champions. laugh
Quote:
Finally, Tech is average in terms of to-25 ball. Colorado is below average on that yardstick. You disagree? Hell, even the eastern-biased rankings have Tech at almost exactly average (slightly below).
Well, there's a big difference between that and what you said. Average football team is a lot different than a Top 10-20 team. Problem is, they'll be in the Top 10 at the end of the season, so they won't really be an average team by your definition either. Although, that's putting the cart ahead of the horse. Just like Texas, Oklahoma has our number too so that's going to be a big game/hurdle for us before we're even Top 10 worthy.
Quote:
I agree that it's not worth arguing, but it is worth pointing out that you listed the WAC at 6 because of the Fresneck and BSU clips you've seen on sportscenter over the last couple of years. It's just another indication of the level of knowledge you have about college football.
Actually, I was giving you and your conference the benefit of the doubt, but thanks for pointing out that the PAC-1 is really worst than I originally thought. You make fun of Tech's preconference schedule, look at freakin' Oregon's (the PAC-1's #2 school). "Fresneck"s their only quality opponent. However, you just pointed out how awful they really are so now you no longer can argue about scheduling. [LOL]

#666164 - 07/11/05 02:03 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually, I was giving you and your conference the benefit of the doubt, but thanks for pointing out that the PAC-1 is really worst than I originally thought. You make fun of Tech's preconference schedule, look at freakin' Oregon's (the PAC-1's #2 school). "Fresneck"s their only quality opponent. However, you just pointed out how awful they really are so now you no longer can argue about scheduling. [LOL]
I said Fresneck was a decent team, but they're the only one in the WAC that is this year.

As far as Oregon's strength of schedule, you look stupid again - according to Sagarin they've played the 19th toughest schedule in the country to date. He's got Tech's at 92. Part of that is Tech's weak out of conference schedule, and part of that is Tech's weak conference.

Nice try, though. [Finger]

#666165 - 07/11/05 04:15 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Fletcher Beck Offline

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
Hey Fucknut, and that is NismoXse02 to the rest of us, lets not forget the last five games against the Big XII, Oregon is 2-3 (which is hardly anything to brag about on your behalf). The three losses where to OU last season, Colorado twice in bowl games (1996 Cotton and 1998 Aloha). The two wins coming against CU in the 2002 Fiesta Bowl (Oregon Finished 11-1 and #2 in the final poles. Oh yeah need I remind you shit for brains that the last time we played that school with a steer head (or should I say queer head and put Nismo head on the side of the helmet) the Ducks walked away with a 35-30 win in the 2000 Holiday Bowl and a 10-2 season.

#666166 - 07/11/05 05:38 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whoa - I sense some hostility here. [Uh Oh !]

Meh, as long as it's directed at local Big-1 homer Nismo I'm happy. [Finger]

#666167 - 07/11/05 08:30 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
I said Fresneck was a decent team, but they're the only one in the WAC that is this year.
You said "but it is worth pointing out that you listed the WAC at 6 because of the Fresneck and BSU clips you've seen on sportscenter over the last couple of years." How you get that they are a "decent team" out of that is beyond me.
Quote:

As far as Oregon's strength of schedule, you look stupid again - according to Sagarin they've played the 19th toughest schedule in the country to date. He's got Tech's at 92. Part of that is Tech's weak out of conference schedule, and part of that is Tech's weak conference.
No, I'm not arguing that Tech has a weak SOS. I'm pissed that no one wanted to play us for a year. I'm arguing that Oregon's SOS sucks too.
Texas Tech=57 Oregon=41
Texas TEch=31 Oregon=32

#666168 - 07/11/05 08:40 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher Beck:
Hey Fucknut, and that is NismoXse02 to the rest of us, lets not forget the last five games against the Big XII, Oregon is 2-3 (which is hardly anything to brag about on your behalf). The three losses where to OU last season, Colorado twice in bowl games (1996 Cotton and 1998 Aloha). The two wins coming against CU in the 2002 Fiesta Bowl (Oregon Finished 11-1 and #2 in the final poles. Oh yeah need I remind you shit for brains that the last time we played that school with a steer head (or should I say queer head and put Nismo head on the side of the helmet) the Ducks walked away with a 35-30 win in the 2000 Holiday Bowl and a 10-2 season.
'96? '98? '00? '02? [Spit] This is the year 2005, son. And nice language. Way to bring you intelligent mouth into the conversation. Graduate high school, actually go to a big college and then come talk smack.

While we're talking about past seasons, here's a more recent one for you:

Unranked Texas Tech 45; #4 California 31 [LOL] [Finger]

#666169 - 07/11/05 09:14 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Fletcher Beck Offline

Well if you are going to come in here and run your fucking mouth about how great the Big 12 is and how much the Pac-10 sucks and how there is no comparision in the competetion, you had better bring more to the table than 45-31 considering that for the last few years the Pac-10 has the better record in head-to-head match ups. Please tell me you have not pinned the hopes of how great the Red Raiders are and how they would kick ass all over the Pac-10 on one game.

#666170 - 07/11/05 10:07 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

WTF are you talking about? I know the Big XII isn't great this year, but neither is the Pac-1. That's all we're talking about here. However, both conferences have the two best teams in the nation. And, Texas Tech is better than any #2 from there. Sorry, but that's the facts. We beat your #2 at the end of last year and we're alot better this year dispite our lousy schedule and quarterback. You can't argue with that. We've got scoreboard so come try to take it away from us. Just like USC does and UT's now coming to try to take it away. Until then, you have nothing.

Now, if you want to debate #3 and on... so be it.

#666171 - 07/11/05 10:53 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Fletcher Beck Offline

Ok dumb bastard lets look at things here. USC rankings (#1 in all three polls) Texas (#2 in all three polls) Oregon (#11 in the AP and USA/Today, # 10 in the BCS) TT (#13 in the AP and USA/Today, and #12 in the BCS) Oregon's lone loss is to USC, TT lone loss is to Texas. Ok duschbag, what are you trying to say "that some how the polsters got it all wrong, 12 is higher than 10. No they just don't get it TT has to be better, what are those BCS people thinking." Nice arguement dumbass. Until TT is (or if ever) ranked nigher than Oregon, shut the fuck up, you are embarassing yourself.

#666172 - 08/11/05 06:23 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Dude, chill the fuck out. Texas would kick their ass anyway, so who cares. [Finger]

#666173 - 08/11/05 06:47 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I said Fresneck was a decent team, but they're the only one in the WAC that is this year.
You said "but it is worth pointing out that you listed the WAC at 6 because of the Fresneck and BSU clips you've seen on sportscenter over the last couple of years." How you get that they are a "decent team" out of that is beyond me.
[/b]

Evidently it takes more than a TT education to find how I hid my "decent" comment:

Quote:
there's 1 decent team in that conference
One page back [Wave]

Quote:

Quote:
No, I'm not arguing that Tech has a weak SOS. I'm pissed that no one wanted to play us for a year. I'm arguing that Oregon's SOS sucks too.
Texas Tech=57 Oregon=41
Texas TEch=31 Oregon=32
Which is a bad argument. The link that shows the schedule strength is roughly even is from an LSU site, and the other shows a wide disparity. Sagarin shows an even wider disparity. Oregon has a better nonconference schedule and a better conference schedule. It's not the toughest in the country by any stretch, but it doesn't suck either.

In addition, Oregon this year is better than Cal last year (considerably better with their starting QB, they're a bit of a question mark without him).

There's an outside chance Tech will end up playing Oregon this year if the Ducks can keep it together with the backup QBs (though Colorado is more likely).

Haloti can almost smell your boy Cody. You'll not doubt have to utilize google to learn who Haloti is, as you never watch Pac-10 games, but even you will be impressed - high 1st rounder, you'll see him frequently on Sundays.

#666174 - 08/11/05 07:21 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Hey, whether it' Texas Tech or Oregon, they both would get their ass whipped by the "U" anyway, so both of you shut the fuck up! [Finger] :p

Seriously, chill the fuck out. It's just a matter of opinion anyway.

#666175 - 08/11/05 07:25 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Hey, whether it' Texas Tech or Oregon, they both would get their ass whipped by the "U" anyway, so both of you shut the fuck up! [Finger] :p
That's probably true. While I was expecting a closer game than most, I honestly thought VT would beat Miami. They impressed the hell out of me, and I think the AP has them right where they should.

#666176 - 08/11/05 11:22 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher Beck:
Ok dumb bastard lets look at things here. USC rankings (#1 in all three polls) Texas (#2 in all three polls) Oregon (#11 in the AP and USA/Today, # 10 in the BCS) TT (#13 in the AP and USA/Today, and #12 in the BCS) Oregon's lone loss is to USC, TT lone loss is to Texas. Ok duschbag, what are you trying to say "that some how the polsters got it all wrong, 12 is higher than 10. No they just don't get it TT has to be better, what are those BCS people thinking." Nice arguement dumbass. Until TT is (or if ever) ranked nigher than Oregon, shut the fuck up, you are embarassing yourself.
Wow, you are really show your age now. I don't know why I'm going to bother, but do you really think that because someone's opinion of ranking a team #10 means they are going to beat #12? It's a poll. It will all be played out. When you look at polls towards the end of the year, you'll notice "groups". Looking at it now, 1-4 is a group, 5-15 is a group and 16-21 is a group. Do you think USC is definitely better than UT because USC is #1 and UT is #2 in 3 polls? Looks like we'll get to find out because it will be played out.

And you know what, if Oregon gets in a BCS and Tech gets snubbed to the Cotton Bowl, you won't hear me cry. Why? Because we had are chance when we play Texas and we simply didn't show up.

Anyway, I'm going to quit putting the cart ahead of the horse. Tech's still got to beat Oklahoma who always has our number and is starting to finally play good ball. Hell, our coach came from there. Oregon's, along with a bunch of other teams, also have a couple tough games left. We'll revisit this after Thanksgiving.

#666177 - 08/11/05 03:30 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Fletcher Beck Offline

All I am saying here is that you came in here running your mouth about how much better the Big 12 is than the Pac-10 and how there is no comparison. I support my arguement that the Pac-10 is a viable conference with solid teams, with good head-to-head records against the Big-12, all you come back with is 45-31. I understand being a fan and supporting your team but don't come in here knocking everyone else's team and saying how your team would kick ass on everyone else when you really dont have anything to back it up, it makes you look ignorant. You bitch at me and accuse me of saying that I think Oregon is better than TT or a number of other teams for that matter (which I have not), then say that I can not look at history as a supporting factor when i fact that is what you are basing your arguement on (45-31). Oh yeah and since this is 2005 and I can only use current stats,last time I checked the Pac-10 was 1-0 against the Big 12 this season (UCLA 41-24). So [Save the fine unicorns]

#666178 - 08/11/05 05:35 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Please, by all means... show me where I said that Texas Tech can kick anyone's ass? I dare you. All I said is that they are #2 in the Big XII and they can kick anyone's ass in the Pac-1 besides USC. That's all I said. How you are spinning into any different meaning besides that is beyond me. I would argue that the Big XII is basically the same conference altogether as the Pac-10, but frankly... I don't give a damn anymore because that's MY opinion. Ya'll have given your reasons, I have given mine and that's that. But I won't back down from anyone thinking Tech isn't better than Oregon because that's the truth.

BTW, congrats on UCLA beating a rebuilding OU at UCLA. [Freak] I hope they enjoy it just like Texas is too (and hopefully we will join the party).

Now go back to lurking because if you've been here since 2002 and only have 142 posts to show for it... that's what you do best. [Finger]

#666179 - 08/11/05 07:23 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Fletcher Beck Offline

why don't you just accept the fact that your claim does not have any merit to it and we can all go home. And in terms of the post thing I really dont give a shit, because unlike you I don't need to justify my existance here by the number of post I have. You have proven three things here 1. You brought a knife to a gun fight 2. You do not any any idea as to what you are talking about and 3. You, sir are an ass.

Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal