shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#666005 - 09/09/05 10:31 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
C'mon Nismo, keep up.

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Oh that's right... Tech's never up there as one of the best "offenses" in the nation... I forgot. :rolleyes:
Let me repeat it slowly.

T-E-C-H

H-A-S

N-O

D-E-F-E-N-S-E.

Your top flight offense scored a whopping 21 against us last year at your home. Tech scoring 21 but allowing 51...well that's not how the game works. You see, you're supposed to score MORE than the opposing team, not less. This isn't golf.

And I don't argue politics. I hate all politicians equally.

#666006 - 09/09/05 10:40 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by skaggs396:
Everyone loves to hate OU because we are always at the top. This year is a rebuilding year. We are young and inexperienced. This is the nature of college football.
I feel ya man. Miami fans like me have to put up with the shit of the lesser all the time.

Of course, Stoops would be 0 for 3 in national title games if head played against the U instead of FSU in 2001. But that's beside the point, right? [Finger]

#666007 - 09/09/05 10:59 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Primary Xtc:
Let me repeat it slowly.

T-E-C-H H-A-S N-O D-E-F-E-N-S-E.
Uh, we've already crossed that bridge. Try to keep up Mr. Internet Pro. I was talking about you saying that I was speaking from the heart when I said Tech had the top offense.
Quote:
Your top flight offense scored a whopping 21 against us last year at [b]your home. Tech scoring 21 but allowing 51...well that's not how the game works. You see, you're supposed to score MORE than the opposing team, not less. This isn't golf.[/b]
Hey, that game against ya'll did suck. However, I expected it. I felt like I was the only Tech fan that thought Sunnie Cumbie sucked. He did. How we finished the year so great is beyond me. That just goes to show you what it's like to have a good coach. (BTW, we have a Holiday Bowl victory too. Our's was over #4 Cal though laugh ). Now, when we missed the final field goal in Austin two years ago and beat you in Lubbock three years ago... that's where it's at. Expect that this year because our quarterback (the basis of our whole team) should be much better than Kingsbury, Symons and Cumbie. Of course, he's play still remains to be seen. I'll reserve judgement thought because I though Harrell should start... the next Peyton Manning. smile
Quote:
And I don't argue politics. I hate all politicians equally.
Oh, but you would fit in well with your great put-downs.

#666008 - 09/09/05 11:09 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
I thought Louisville had the top offense last year?

#666009 - 09/09/05 11:15 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Nope. Boise State has the best numbers offense last year...

Louisville was 2nd.

But we led the nation in pts. per game, if I remember correctly. Even exposed Miami's defense, when no team prior to us had racked up any numbers against 'em. We had more yards & points against Miami in the first half, than they'd averaged all year long, prior to that game.

#666010 - 09/09/05 11:20 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
That was last year. Cumbie sucks, yet he still hung 70 on TCU AND Nebraska and blew out Cal. I'm talking about ever since Leach took over. We are always a Top offense. This year, I believe we're predicted to be the top offense.

#666011 - 09/09/05 11:37 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
PrimeX Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Let me repeat it slowly.

T-E-C-H H-A-S N-O D-E-F-E-N-S-E.
Uh, we've already crossed that bridge. Try to keep up Mr. Internet Pro. I was talking about you saying that I was speaking from the heart when I said Tech had the top offense.
[/b]
*Knock-knock-knock*

Is this thing on?

Ummm, in the original statement I was poking fun at your statement about Tech having a defense to go along with the offense, errr office. You preaching about your D was speaking from the heart. No questions here about your air attack.

Can I go pee now?

Let's just all agree that Miami blows monkey spunk. 'Sup Chris? [Finger]

#666012 - 09/09/05 11:40 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
There's only one real "Tech".

I can't wait until GT goes down to the Orange Bowl to ass-stomp the Hurricanes! smile

#666013 - 09/09/05 11:46 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Ryan, I hate to break the news to you but Mack Brown sucks. He sucked at Appalachian State, he sucked at North Carolina, and he swallows at Texas! [Finger]

#666014 - 09/09/05 12:00 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Ummm, in the original statement I was poking fun at your statement about Tech having a [b]defense to go along with the offense, errr office. You preaching about your D was speaking from the heart. No questions here about your air attack.[/b]
That's not preaching from the heart. Again, are you talking about this year coming up or are you still in the past?

Tech's Defense:
2003- 34 pts/gm
2004- 25 pts/gm

Looks like improvement to me. Keep in mind, this is coming from having an offense that scores a lot and often. Plus, we recruited pretty damn good at defense the last couple of years, so we no longer have a "bad defense". laugh

#666015 - 09/09/05 12:56 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
PrimeX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
Ryan, I hate to break the news to you but Mack Brown sucks. He sucked at Appalachian State, he sucked at North Carolina, and he swallows at Texas! [Finger]
Yeah, all Brown has done is take over a program in shambles and led them to win 10 games a year, every year.

No doubt as of right now he's Stoops bitch, but he's faaaar from a bad coach.

Hate on, haytahs, and HOOK 'EM HORNS!

Oh, and to show I'm full of love, here are some burnt orange boobies.

[ThumbsUp]

Yummy!

#666016 - 09/09/05 04:27 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Nismo.....I love your argument about big games....just one thing though...What "big" game has TT won over this period??? :rolleyes:

#666017 - 09/09/05 05:26 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
Hey Nismo.....I love your argument about big games....just one thing though...What "big" game has TT won over this period??? :rolleyes:
I've been waiting for that... I thought for sure Primary would have used that. Better question: What big game has Tech even been in during that time? If the Rose Bowl counts as a big game, how about an unranked Texas Tech team going TO California and beating the crap out of #4 CAL in the Holiday Bowl. [ThumbsUp] But once again, it's not like Tech gets the talent that Texas does to even get to "big" games. We just have a better coach who can actually "coach". Because of that, we actually compete with the bigger schools with lesser talent. laugh

#666018 - 09/09/05 11:47 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
But once again, it's not like Tech gets the talent that Texas does to even get to "big" games. We just have a better coach who can actually "coach". Because of that, we actually compete with the bigger schools with lesser talent. laugh
say what? [Freak]

TT has just as good of a chance to recruit players as Texas does. There is a reason why players choose not to go to tech, who knows what that would be. Obviously you can get offense, but you don't get defense because your "great" coach appearently doesn't know what that means. Have you ever heard the saying "Defense wins championships?" :p

Quote:
Better question: What big game has Tech even been in during that time?
And why is this? because tech doesn't have the TEAM to even get to the big games.

Quote:
If the Rose Bowl counts as a big game, how about an unranked Texas Tech team going TO California and beating the crap out of #4 CAL in the Holiday Bowl.
oooh I hate to say this, but I LOVED this, The Cal QB(which I can't remember because he is just not that memorable) ran his mouth about how pac 10>Big XII. Way to shove it in his face. [ThumbsUp]

#666019 - 10/09/05 07:55 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
There's only one real "Tech".

I can't wait until GT goes down to the Orange Bowl to ass-stomp the Hurricanes! smile
[Spit] [Spit]

#666020 - 10/09/05 08:24 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
say what? [Freak]

TT has just as good of a chance to recruit players as Texas does. There is a reason why players choose not to go to tech, who knows what that would be. Obviously you can get offense, but you don't get defense because your "great" coach appearently doesn't know what that means. Have you ever heard the saying "Defense wins championships?"
That's b.s. Tech is in the middle of no where, UT is the biggest school in the nation and in the middle of a big city. That's very attractive to players all over the nation. Don't tell me there's equal chance to get recruits. Yes, we can get offense, but there still not the top recruits like the big schools get. Matter of fact, they're the same amount of talent as the defense players that we get. BTW, yes, I've heard the saying and apparently no school in Texas has defense because no one has a championship.
Quote:
And why is this? because tech doesn't have the TEAM to even get to the big games.
Smaller schools usually don't. Still, like I said, we can compete and I think we might get more and more looks at big games.
Quote:
oooh I hate to say this, but I LOVED this, The Cal QB(which I can't remember because he is just not that memorable) ran his mouth about how pac 10>Big XII. Way to shove it in his face. [ThumbsUp]
That was great, wasn't it. I got my email read on the Jim Rome show who is a huge Pac-10 guy. He was running his mouth like usual and I can't believe he read my email. "Way to go Cal. Way to make the Pac-'1' look good". [LOL]

#666021 - 10/09/05 01:28 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

No love for Virginia Tech? They are the only Tech that matters in college football. Dominating defensive, ridiculous special teams, 7 returning offensive starters, and oh yeah some guy named Vick. laugh

#666022 - 10/09/05 08:40 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
PrimeX Offline

Quote:
And you're forgetting one huge factor... Mack freakin' Brown. He'll blow it like always.
So, does that count as a "big game" win for Nismo?

TEXAS FIGHT and HOOK 'EM!

laugh

W0000000T!

#666023 - 10/09/05 09:36 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

That should count as a big one. I'm still awaiting official word. [Finger] Seriously, congrats on the victory. I didn't get to see it (softball tournament) but way to make the Big XII look good! [ThumbsUp]

Ya'll got one out of my 4 tough games that I called out of the way. BTW, when will the media quit over-ranking the Big 11 at the beginning of the year?

On a side note... Notre Dame's back baby!! laugh

#666024 - 17/09/05 05:56 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

WE ARE ... PENN STATE!!

'nuff said.

#666025 - 17/09/05 06:44 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just hope for 2 things:

1) I hope there aren't any Oregon State fans around here... That was a supreme ass-beating...

2) I hope this freaking sunburn on my forehead heals... Man, the sun wasn't out during the game, but I still got nice and red during the game.

I did hear a rumor at the game though; evidently, Beavers play better when they're wet. Since it didn't rain, I can see why they lost so poorly... 42 unanswered points... ouch.

GO CARDS!

#666026 - 17/09/05 07:49 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

I take back what I said about Tech's defense. I think we took a step backward this year. I won't know for sure until we play some real competition, but I'm not happy with it so far (scores our misleading).

#666027 - 18/09/05 09:06 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
PrimeX Offline

Your QB is on pace to throw for something like 800,000 yards. Your offense fucking scares me, even at our stadium. [Uh Oh !]

#666028 - 19/09/05 07:00 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Yeah, but like you said all along... it doesn't matter if we can't stop anyone. Again, I'll wait until we play some real compeition, but it's not looking good. Hopefully it will be like the game two years ago in Austin where it came down to a field goal and our kicker missed it wide left. Or maybe the year before that with the Kingsbury vs. Simms shootout where we had the ball last so we won. In other words, lets avoid a type of game like last year. laugh

#666029 - 19/09/05 08:30 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mjm4soccer:
No love for Virginia Tech? They are the only Tech that matters in college football. Dominating defensive, ridiculous special teams, 7 returning offensive starters, and oh yeah some guy named Vick. laugh
Change your statement to read "criminal" instead of "guy" named Vick and you are right.

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal