shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 12 of 16 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#666230 - 22/11/05 08:22 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Yeah, but I'm a Notre Dame fan as well smile , so if we lost out to ND, I wouldn't be as pissed. [LOL]

Still, back to the schedule, I'm just trying to understand how their schedule is weaker. Besides, they're the only team that really coulda shoulda have beat USC if they would have allowed instant replay (but that's their own fault).
http://teamrankings.com/ncf/27powerratings.php3

hurricane.lsu.edu/_gbe/comppoll/comppollsos.htm

These are just the first two hits I got on google - Oregon is at 43/51 and ND is at 52/73. Again, neither is steller, but Oregon's is better.

When you consider the tougher or at least comparable schedule, 1 loss versus 2 (one of which to a 5-6 team at home), I honestly can't imagine you really think ND is more worthy than Oregon. But the BCS isn't about who's worthy, it's about money and that's what ND brings.

And I don't put too much stock in ND's moral victory over USC. They did play 'em tough, but they had 2 weeks to prep, it was a home game, and it was SC's third tough home game in as many weeks. Fresno played SC almost as tough and they did it on the road, and their only other loss is to a 10-1 Oregon, who they also played tough. Maybe they should be in the BCS too. [Uh Oh !]

PS - ND's bowl record against teams from Oregon as of late hasn't exactly been steller. [LOL]

#666231 - 22/11/05 08:39 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
I know that there are people's rankings on SOS, but they all vary. The 2nd one's a joke... they have Tech at 36. [Uh Oh !] The first one you posted had Notre Dame within 10 of Oregon. This is Notre Dame we're talking about. Who's the sexier pick? Anytime someone's SOS is comparible to Notre Dame and they have the same record, Notre Dame is always going to be in front no matter what. Besides, I believe ND is already in. Isn't Oregon needing to worry about Ohio State?
Quote:
I honestly can't imagine you really think ND is more worthy than Oregon.
You already know my opinion on the Pac 10. wink That loss to the 5-6 team is still a Big 10 team (you also know my opinion on that conference). I watched that game and it was like they pulled a USC, but didn't finish like them. It's like they weren't there in the first half and then all of a sudden, poof... they showed up. Anyway, I'm so sick of these stupid debates every year.... ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! JUST GIVE US A FREAKIN' PLAYOFF SYSTEM!!!!! mad

#666232 - 22/11/05 08:49 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[QB]I know that there are people's rankings on SOS, but they all vary. The 2nd one's a joke... they have Tech at 36. [Uh Oh !] The first one you posted had Notre Dame within 10 of Oregon. This is Notre Dame we're talking about. Who's the sexier pick? Anytime someone's SOS is comparible to Notre Dame and they have the same record, Notre Dame is always going to be in front no matter what. Besides, I believe ND is already in. Isn't Oregon needing to worry about Ohio State?
Yep - Unless ND stumbles in Palo Alto on Saturday they will get the Fiesta without a doubt - in spite of both Ohio State and Oregon being more worthy. One of us will get left out, right now I'd say it's 50/50.

Quote:
You already know my opinion on the Pac 10. wink
I know, and you know I disagree.

Lets just leave it at that - I have work to do today. laugh

Quote:
JUST GIVE US A FREAKIN' PLAYOFF SYSTEM!!!!! mad
No shit. Everybody wants it, but we won't get it because the the big conferences won't give up the money and control.

#666233 - 22/11/05 09:11 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
No shit. Everybody wants it, but we won't get it because the the big conferences won't give up the money and control.
I don't know. I hope we don't give up as a public and keep pressing for it. Maybe the PAC10 will step up. Since they think they get jammed all the time, maybe they'll pick up their bags and start something new. [Freak]

#666234 - 22/11/05 09:20 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
[b]There is nothing better in NCAA football than seeing Miami lose!! It was a great day.
Good thing they kicked the crap out of Virginia Tech first.[/b]
Yes they did, but that only strengthens my statement. The University of Miami has the highest payroll in the NCAA, not to mention they recruit mostly from prisons.

#666235 - 22/11/05 06:09 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Oh boy, not that same old tired argument!

I was reading an article by Stewart Mandel on SI.com yesterday, he has the Ducks in. I'll take 'em over Ohio State right now.

Funny how people always mention playoff when the national championship picture gets screwed up (Oregon 2001, Auburn last year), but this is as probably as good a reason as any. When you got 8 to 10 good teams that could pull off an upset anytime, and they get shafted, it sucks.

#666236 - 23/11/05 03:32 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
I'll take 'em over Ohio State right now.
I must call homerism on that one. Ohio State is ranked higher than Oregon in all 3 main polls. Not much, but it IS unanimous.

Rankings

#666237 - 24/11/05 06:14 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

From what I've seen of OSU this year I think they're a better football team. I'd give Oregon right now a 40-60 shot against them, or maybe a bit less - they have two losses, but they were both to very good teams. But at the same time they haven't looked great in all their games. By bowl time I might make those odds 50-50 because that would give Dennis Dixon an extra 4 weeks of practice time.

Unfortunately, it won't be an Oregon-OSU Fiesta. It will be ND-OSU or ND-Oregon, which is bullshit because either the Ducks or the Bucks will be screwed.

Go furd. cool

#666238 - 25/11/05 04:19 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Texas A&M put up a good fight against t.u. today... They should have won the game if it hadn't been for some critical turnovers... The Aggies outgained Texas 395-336, had more first downs (22) and held the ball for 35 minutes... all with a freshman QB and RB leading the way...

Even though the Aggies lost, they at least have a lot of hope for the future...

Good luck t.u. at the Big 12 title game...

#666239 - 25/11/05 06:09 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Yeah, I don't know why the line was so high. I wish I was in Vegas because you just don't put a line that high in a rival game, especially when it's played in the underdog's stadium. All well, just one more step closer to the game we all want to see.

#666240 - 26/11/05 08:52 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Weel, ND just escaped a close one also. They keep their BCS Bowl hopes alive.

Boy didn't Iowa St. screw the pouch today. Their future in their own hands and they blew it.

#666241 - 26/11/05 09:14 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by gilsnuxs:
Weel, ND just escaped a close one also. They keep their BCS Bowl hopes alive.
ND will get waxed in their BCS game by ANY of the teams still in the mix, and I mean bad.

Rolled.

Punked.

Edit - unless they play the Big East rep, then it might be close.

#666242 - 26/11/05 10:38 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Tough win on the road just like UT yesterday. They'll make some serious noise in there BCS game. [ThumbsUp]

#666243 - 27/11/05 11:35 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by gilsnuxs:
[b]Weel, ND just escaped a close one also. They keep their BCS Bowl hopes alive.
ND will get waxed in their BCS game by ANY of the teams still in the mix, and I mean bad.

Rolled.

Punked.

Edit - unless they play the Big East rep, then it might be close.[/b]
Yeah that's how I feel, It will ND vs Ohio State, and I think OSU will put a smack down on ND. Oregon is gonna get screwed again, sorry you Oregon guys, just don't be all surprised about it. Its all about money and OSU and ND(automatic anyway) will bring more of it. :rolleyes: [Too much XOC]

#666244 - 27/11/05 11:47 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Texas A&M put up a good fight against U.T today... They should have won the game if it hadn't been for some critical turnovers... The Aggies outgained Texas 395-336, had more first downs (22) and held the ball for 35 minutes... all with a freshman QB and RB leading the way...

Even though the Aggies lost, they at least have a lot of hope for the future...

Good luck U.T. at the Big 12 title game...
I fixed your post for you wink

Tech also out gained us and we put a smack down on them. I find it funny that when UT struggles they still score 40 points. A&M better start protecting your QB though because he'll get slammed all next season if you continue to run the option. He got laid out many times and I promise he will be hurting if that continues to happen. He also better watch his mouth because that won't help either wink I hope you aggies have a good off season laugh [Wave]

I guess the Big XII north is scared to go to the championship game because neither of them felt like going I guess [LOL]

CU looks like shit going into this game [Freak] Speaking of CU, did anyone watch that game?? What an embarassesment. CU has always been like that though :rolleyes:

#666245 - 30/11/05 09:21 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Alright pnwbeers, do you think UCLA will beat USC? If Fresno State can do that to USC, surely this is going to be one hell of a game, right?

#666246 - 30/11/05 09:36 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Alright pnwbeers, do you think UCLA will beat USC? If Fresno State can do that to USC, surely this is going to be one hell of a game, right?
I think USC will win because UCLA's run defense is horrible, which ominous because they'll be lining up against a great o-line and Bush/White (though the latter won't be 100%). But the game could be closer than most people think because UCLA can certainly score and they've had 3 weeks to prepare. Plus, they're a lot more dangerous then Fresneck, although that cuts both ways (better team, but USC will take them more seriously). I expect Bush will wrap up his Heisman against the UCLA defense.

Prediction: USC 49, UCLA 35

Ideally USC will win so they can go to the rose bowl, which would give the Pac-10 the possibility of another BCS slot. If UCLA wins there's a good chance that USC drop below #2 and fall out of the NC game, meaning Oregon would have no hope of a BCS game (even as it is their hopes are very slim).

#666247 - 30/11/05 12:27 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Wow, you have two choices. Have a Pac-10 team in the Championship game (I doubt Oregon gets in over tOSU) or have none in the championship game, but have two in the BCS. [Freak]

This system sucks.

#666248 - 02/12/05 03:32 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
UCLA +21.0 .vs. USC

I dunno but getting 21 points on this match-up seems like too good of a deal to pass up.

Bush & Leinart could have big games as usually but UCLA has a pretty loaded offensive against a SC defensive has been scored on consistently.

I’m thinking the score will be closer than 21 pts, baby needs some new shoes for the bronco laugh

#666249 - 02/12/05 04:16 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
You know Brain, I was thinking the same thing.

- Rivaly game -

Lots of intangibles when you are talking about kids on both sides of the ball that have faced each other on high school , pop warner and elementary school teams. So in that regard, all bets are off. UCLA has nothing to lose in this game. They are going in as a HUGE dog and are expected to lose. Therefore if SUC takes them lighly the Bruins are going to put up a lot of points.

The problem is that PUSC will put up a shiload of points because the UCLA D-fence cannot possibly hold them. Rivalry aside, it is going to be a trackmeet. I would put the over at about 90 and take the over still. I like the idea that SC is here and the dominant team in the country but I've never been an SC "fan" primarily because it's allways been the scool of privelege. And I'm just not that kid.

Otherwise I'd say they kick the living shit out of UCLA in a shootout in a statement game and go on to win the national champinship.

USC - 52
UCLA- 28

#666250 - 03/12/05 12:23 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jesus - I guess it's safe to say Texas is going to the Rose Bowl. [Freak]

I'm starting to get a nervous feeling about SC getting there too.

#666251 - 03/12/05 12:51 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
socalpunx Offline

No shit, huh? ( I dunno how that translates over the the net but it's meant as one of those nodding and pondering in agreement "oh shits.")

Texas - 80
USC - 76

????

Talk about a trackmeet waiting to happen. They really have to prove that they can stop a high powered offence today.

#666252 - 03/12/05 02:16 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
socalpunx Offline

Damn.

Bush is going to run for 400 yards of offense. UCLA doesn't have the luxury of trying to pull off a big comeback because if the get 40 points behind it won't matter.

Todays fun fact:

My daughter attends the same elementary school that Matt Leinart went to. laugh

#666253 - 03/12/05 04:24 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Yeah, looks like we're all going to get the game we want to see. [ThumbsUp]

Still, the system sucks. [ThumbsDown] Congress agrees. [Freak]

#666254 - 03/12/05 07:49 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well that was a sweet game, good seats right behind the band, an ass kicking, couldn't have asked for more.... laugh smile

Looks like I'm rose bowl bound....see ya in cali! laugh [Wave]

Page 12 of 16 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal