shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 16 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#666080 - 15/10/05 09:48 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Get back to me when you play somebody worth a shit.
The one year we play a cup cake non-conference schedule. We don't get any pub when we play top 5 SOS, and now look where we are with a weak schedule. We're still in the Top 10 whether you like it or not. [Finger]
Quote:
No they didn't.

USC played like shit relative to their capability, got boned on more calls than not, and they still won.

Sorry.
Turn off the Trojan blinders. Maybe they played like shit because, I don't know.. maybe, just maybe.. ND is that good. :rolleyes:

#666081 - 15/10/05 10:48 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Primary Xtc:
Bring.

It.

On.

[Finger]
you forgot the word bitch at the end of this statement....

Texas 42
tech 24 [Wave]

#666082 - 16/10/05 05:28 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lets just face it, USC got LUCKY. If that ball bounces in bounds the game is over. NO time outs left and not enough time to get back to the line to run a play. It was just luck.

But as far as Tech goes, that is going to be an interesting game. Mizzou moved the ball against Texas in their loss. We have alot better offensive scheme than they do so I dont think that will be a factor. The key factor will be if they can keep Young from hurting them with his legs. And if he does run, I hope Slay gets a lick on him the way he put one on Evridge

#666083 - 16/10/05 07:36 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Luck or not, who played like shit or not, this is the greatest regular season game I've seen since since Miami-FSU in '91. What a game.

I thought ND I had a great chance, and they did. Truth of the matter is though, the difference between a very good team and a champion is coming through in the clutch. I bet my paycheck that when the game was over and Weis was in the locker room, he thought exactly that, and he would know.

The Irish had quite a few chances to shut them down on that final drive (3rd and 19, fourth and 9), but USC got it done. Couple that with the missed field goal (imagine how much pressure the kicker would have had on that last extra point that he missed if it were tied), and Notre Dame blew it in the end.

Were there some bad calls? Maybe. But USC shot themselves in the foot several times. A couple of clear interference plays, that personal foul when ND had a fourth down and almost turned it over deep in their own end of the field, just stupid shit. USC did play like crap for about 50 minutes of the game, but give credit where credit is due. Notre Dame did a good job exposing them, and Weis did a masterful job preparing his team for this game. USC got it done when it counted, though, and that's why they are what they are.

Instant classic, game for the ages, whatever you want to call it. Whatever you saw last night, I know what I saw, and that's one of the best games I've ever seen. [ThumbsUp]

#666084 - 17/10/05 09:21 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

BCS Rankings are out.

1 USC .9923
2 Texas .9591
3 Virginia Tech .9067
4 Georgia .8933
5 Alabama .8220
6 LSU .7078
7 Texas Tech .7034 [Smoking]
8 Miami (FL) .6928
9 UCLA .6675
10 Penn State .586

#666085 - 18/10/05 06:34 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
[b]7 Texas Tech .7034 [Smoking]
[/b]
Given that they've played literally nobody decent and they struggled against Nebraska of all teams (umm, they may be third best in the big-12, but given how bad that conference is this year that's a dubious honor at best), I suspect they'll struggle a bit against Texas - ie, grade-A ass-pounding.

Stay tuned - it'll probably officially be the "Big-1" after this Saturday (you should enjoy that comment). :p

#666086 - 18/10/05 06:51 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Quote:
BCS Rankings are out.

1 USC .9923
2 Texas .9591
3 Virginia Tech .9067
4 Georgia .8933
5 Alabama .8220
6 LSU .7078
[b]7 Texas Tech .7034
[Smoking]
8 Miami (FL) .6928
9 UCLA .6675
10 Penn State .586[/b]
You've got 3 more days to enjoy it. You'd better print the bitch out and frame it, as it probably will not ever happen again.

EVahevah.

[Finger]

Texas 10040teen

Taco Tech- 21

#666087 - 18/10/05 08:53 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

You guys are in for a big surprise and all the pressure is on UT. We're the underdog (by like 17), so maybe we can use that to our advantage. I don't expect to win, but it'll be a lot better than last year. I expect a game like 2 years ago, the last time we played in Austin. If only are freakin' kicker... mad But hey, losing to the #2 team in the nation isn't all that bad. What sucks is if we lose to you (even if it's on the last play of the game), we'll drop out of the Top 25 because our names don't say Notre Dame across the front of our jerseys. :rolleyes:

#666088 - 19/10/05 07:04 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
off2cjb Offline

Since OU is out of the running, I like Virginia Teach.

#666089 - 19/10/05 02:07 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

3 SEC teams in the top 10.. that's good with me!

Like I said after week two, if my team doesn't amount to anything, I'll be a Georgia fan the rest of the season. Do I expect them to get the title? Nah... but go Dawgs wherever you wind up playing on New Years.

#666090 - 20/10/05 10:45 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b][b]7 Texas Tech .7034 [Smoking]
[/b]
Given that they've played literally nobody decent and they struggled against Nebraska of all teams (umm, they may be third best in the big-12, but given how bad that conference is this year that's a dubious honor at best), I suspect they'll struggle a bit against Texas - ie, grade-A ass-pounding.

Stay tuned - it'll probably officially be the "Big-1" after this Saturday (you should enjoy that comment). :p [/b]
big 1 vs pac 1 in the national championship...I'll take that match up any day
[LOL]

#666091 - 22/10/05 07:18 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ha...the shitheads from college game day are in austin....who invited the anyway?? :rolleyes:

#666092 - 22/10/05 04:39 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Got to give it to UT. We shot ourselves in the foot, but I don't think we still would have beat you if we didn't. It would have been much closer like I predicted, but they blew it. Anyway, ya'll should finish #1. I think you're much better than USC. We'll win out and probably go to the Cotton. What would be weird is that since my two favorite teams are battling it out for the World Series, maybe my two favorite college football teams will battle it out in a bowl (ND vs. Tech). Anyway, good luck the rest of the way horn fans!

#666093 - 22/10/05 11:23 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Got to give it to UT. We shot ourselves in the foot, but I don't think we still would have beat you if we didn't. It would have been much closer like I predicted, but they blew it. Anyway, ya'll should finish #1. I think you're much better than USC. We'll win out and probably go to the Cotton. What would be weird is that since my two favorite teams are battling it out for the World Series, maybe my two favorite college football teams will battle it out in a bowl (ND vs. Tech). Anyway, good luck the rest of the way horn fans!
[ThumbsUp] [Wave]

I think that will be your only loss of the season...if ND wasn't playing so well I would say ya'll had a chance for a BCS bowl....Keep your play up and show em what you deserve

What's up with Oklahoma?? ALMOST lost to Baylor?!?!?

....and feeding off of that....Baylor!?!?!...what the hell got into them?

Time to buy some Big XII championship tickets smile

#666094 - 23/10/05 05:20 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kellen. frown

Goddammit. mad

#666095 - 23/10/05 07:18 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I think you're much better than USC.
Not 'till they beat 'em. Don't feel bad, your boys just finally played a good team.

Reality bites. wink

#666096 - 23/10/05 07:54 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

That's alright. Nothing like getting blown out by the team that will be the #1 team in the nation when it's all said and done. I expect a similar score when USC faces them. They'll fall down at the beginning like usual, but there will be no coming back on that defense.

We'll finish in the Top 10 and get ready for our top 15 recruiting class to come fill in the holes we desperately need. [ThumbsUp]

#666097 - 23/10/05 08:00 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
That's alright. Nothing like getting blown out by the team that will be the #1 team in the nation when it's all said and done. I expect a similar score when USC faces them. They'll fall down at the beginning like usual, but there will be no coming back on that defense.

We'll finish in the Top 10 and get ready for our top 15 recruiting class to come fill in the holes we desperately need. [ThumbsUp]
We'll see.

I haven't checked your schedule, but will you actually play any other decent team this year? A good record is kinda hollow when you play nothing but pushovers...

Good luck with recruiting. I've gotta respect anybody who can convince anybody to spend 4 years in Lubbock (ie, purgatory).

#666098 - 23/10/05 08:44 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
We'll see.

I haven't checked your schedule, but will you actually play any other decent team this year? A good record is kinda hollow when you play nothing but pushovers...

Good luck with recruiting. I've gotta respect anybody who can convince anybody to spend 4 years in Lubbock (ie, purgatory).
Dude, the Big XII is weak this year, what can I say? That's not Tech's fault. We play Baylor, Texas A&M, Oklahoma St. and Oklahoma. We'll probably play a Florida-ish school in the Cotton Bowl.

I know you probably believe the media's take on Lubbock, but it was actually a great place to live for 6 years of my life (and I'm a city boy). My wife and I are seriously considering moving back. And players don't go to a place for the scenery (which is each to their own). They go to get a good education, play for a good coach and win. Almost all college campuses are the same for partying, social life and just having a great college experience. Besides, it's hard to beat the girl talent at Tech too. laugh Playboy typically backs me up on that.

#666099 - 23/10/05 10:23 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Dude, the Big XII is weak this year, what can I say?
heh...Tech's not helping that cause out [Finger] ....sorry I couldn't resist. our schedule looks very similar, with the exception of Kansas instead of OU. And what looks like a rematch of the Mizzu vs Colorado game. either way it SHOULD be a roll over game on the way to the national championship...but its way too early to jump on that band wagon.

#666100 - 24/10/05 12:18 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Who's that jumpin' USC in the BCS poll?

TEXAS!
FIGHT!!

laugh

#666101 - 24/10/05 02:28 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Who's that jumpin' USC in the BCS poll?

TEXAS!
FIGHT!!

laugh
Let me be the first to say that if another Pac-10 team (even if it is the dick-wraps) gets screwed out of a chance to play in the national championship game I will literally set fire to the BCS Offices.

#666102 - 24/10/05 03:33 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Who's that jumpin' USC in the BCS poll?

TEXAS!
FIGHT!!

laugh
Let me be the first to say that if another Pac-10 team (even if it is the dick-wraps) gets screwed out of a chance to play in the national championship game I will literally set fire to the BCS Offices.[/b]
USC will play if they win out, however, I agree with the BCS poll having UT at #1. There is a potential to have 5 undefeated teams at the end of the regular season. How sweet would that be? It would kind of force a playoff series.

#666103 - 24/10/05 04:01 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GoBuX:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

TEXAS!
FIGHT!!

laugh
Let me be the first to say that if another Pac-10 team (even if it is the dick-wraps) gets screwed out of a chance to play in the national championship game I will literally set fire to the BCS Offices.[/b]
USC will play if they win out, however, I agree with the BCS poll having UT at #1. There is a potential to have 5 undefeated teams at the end of the regular season. How sweet would that be? It would kind of force a playoff series.[/b]
You're most likely right in this case, but in the past the Pac-10 has shouldered more than its share of the BCS fuckups.

#666104 - 24/10/05 07:39 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GoBuX:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

TEXAS!
FIGHT!!

laugh
USC will play if they win out, however, I agree with the BCS poll having UT at #1. There is a potential to have 5 undefeated teams at the end of the regular season. How sweet would that be? It would kind of force a playoff series.[/b]
incorrect...there can only be a maximum of 4 undefeated teams this year. USC vs UCLA will take out one and if Alabama and Georgia go undefeated they will play in the SEC championship. Taking out another.

Hook 'em Horns.

Page 6 of 16 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal