shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#667078 - 17/09/06 11:25 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Serves the U right for stomping on the Cardinal before the game...

karma is a bitch, isn't it?
Meh, it's a moot issue. If it fired 'em up, so be it. But playing a Miami should be enough to fire anyone up.

We're in a down period, that's for sure. Coker is toast. We need a head coach in there who can not only recruit the talent, but show them that winning is not just based on ability. The whole stomping on the Cardinal thing is typical Cane bravado, doesn't bother me in the least. laugh

Sigh. I wonder where we're headed for this offseason.

#667079 - 17/09/06 11:55 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

USC another vicotry

john david booty taking over nicely for Leinart

#667080 - 17/09/06 12:33 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Quote:
[b]Serves the U right for stomping on the Cardinal before the game...

Meh, it's a moot issue. If it fired 'em up, so be it. But playing a Miami should be enough to fire anyone up.

We're in a down period, that's for sure. Coker is toast. We need a head coach in there who can not only recruit the talent, but show them that winning is not just based on ability. The whole stomping on the Cardinal thing is typical Cane bravado, doesn't bother me in the least. laugh

Sigh. I wonder where we're headed for this offseason.[/b]
Two Words: Gene Chizik

You lucky bastards are going to steal him from us. He deserves it though.

#667081 - 17/09/06 12:43 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]He'd one of the top 5 highest paid coaches in the country, and is on the verge of building a dynasty. No coach in his right mind (or even out of his mind) would turn his back on that and leave.
Are you fucking kidding me? Trying winning a national title or two before you talk about "on the verge of building a dynasty". I admit, they were impressive yesterday. But until they start winning titles, let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?[/b]
Hence the reason I said, "on the verge," and not claimed he had one. The guy's only been a head coach for 4 years. And so far, he's been in the top ten 2 out of 4 years, after starting with a team that went 7-5 the year before he came. Yeah, I'd say he's, "on the verge." But I won't disagree that it won't be considered a dynasty until he wins several national championships.

#667082 - 17/09/06 12:46 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Serves the U right for stomping on the Cardinal before the game...

Meh, it's a moot issue. If it fired 'em up, so be it. But playing a Miami should be enough to fire anyone up....The whole stomping on the Cardinal thing is typical Cane bravado, doesn't bother me in the least.[/b]
Yep. Stomp away. So far, 3 schools have done that in recent history. Cincinnati did it and walked away with a 70-7 beating. Rutgers did it and got smacked 56-5. And now Miami did it and got beat in every aspect of the game, including the final score of 31-7.

We don't "need" someone to stomp on the Cardinal. But it sure doesn't hurt... [Finger]

#667083 - 18/09/06 12:40 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
[b]I'm pretty sure it was Big XII officials on the field and Pac-10 officials in the replay booth.
Could be - I just thought I heard Fouts say it was a Pac-10 crew. It was a badly called game, but the better team generally emerges from those, and, well, the better team did.[/b]
It was a Pac-10 crew. The pac-10 has some screwy rule.

#667084 - 18/09/06 01:50 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Wow, OU is going all out this time:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2593369

#667085 - 18/09/06 04:39 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Wow, OU is going all out this time:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2593369
I highly doubt they throw it out because of the fact that both teams had bad calls go against them. I could be wrong though.

#667086 - 18/09/06 05:01 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

They won't give OU the win - that never happens. Besides, there's no way of knowing OU would have won even if they had been awarded possession. Oregon actually beat a team once when the other team fumbled a snap while trying to kill the clock on downs. Both teams were screwed by the refs multiple times on Saturday, OU just happened to get jobbed a little more directly.

Anybody remember when the refs gave colorado five downs?

#667087 - 18/09/06 06:34 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

well the refs were suspended

#667088 - 18/09/06 10:16 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
They won't give OU the win - that never happens. Besides, there's no way of knowing OU would have won even if they had been awarded possession. Oregon actually beat a team once when the other team fumbled a snap while trying to kill the clock on downs. Both teams were screwed by the refs multiple times on Saturday, OU just happened to get jobbed a little more directly.

Anybody remember when the refs gave colorado five downs?
lmao!

I do remember that!

#667089 - 19/09/06 07:11 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's a link to a good article about the blown call.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregoni...4430.xml&coll=7

Looks like he only got the view that appeared to show the ball bouncing off an OU helmut.

Quote:
The Pac-10's coordinator of football officiating confirmed that Riese didn't get all of the replays that ABC was providing.

With all the cameras working the game that one half of the country was watching, Riese saw only a single frame of video, the source said. The angle was bad. But it appeared to show an Oklahoma player touching the ball with his helmet before it hit the Oregon player. (From other angles, clearly, it hits the Ducks player first.) With no other video immediately available, and television waiting, Riese did what he's told to do when he's out of time and has no conclusive evidence.

He upheld the call on the field.
Another interesting clipping:

Quote:
The seventh threatening telephone call at Gordon Riese's home came a few minutes after eight o'clock on Monday morning. It was from an Oklahoma fan who told Riese, the Pacific-10 Conference replay official from Saturday's Ducks-Sooners game, he was going to fly to Portland, find the family home, and kill Riese and his wife.
I'm a passionate college football fan, but it's just a fucking game. [Freak]

#667090 - 19/09/06 12:32 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
I'm a passionate college football fan, but it's just a fucking game. [Freak]
Amen.

#667091 - 19/09/06 12:35 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go Ducks. [ThumbsUp]

#667092 - 19/09/06 01:27 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Go Ducks. [ThumbsUp]
You should be ashamed. The refs call the onsides kick correctly, OU runs out the clock, game's over. That one call changed the course of the game, as the Pac 10 has now confirmed :

"The fact that the errors on the onside kick altered the outcome of the game is most unfortunate and unsettling," Hansen said in a statement. "We had a solid veteran crew assigned, and the instant replay official had a fine career as a referee in the Pac-10. We believe in the ability and integrity of each individual involved. It should be noted that not all of the seven officials were directly involved in the play in question, but the entire crew bears responsibility for every play. Game officials and replay officials have positions of great responsibility and must be accountable for their actions.

Errors clearly were made and not corrected, and for that we apologize to the University of Oklahoma, coach Bob Stoops and his players. They played an outstanding college football game, as did Oregon, and it is regrettable that the outcome of the contest was affected by the officiating."

Clearly, death threats are ridiculously inappropriate. People who overreact to that degree need a psych eval, and now.

#667093 - 19/09/06 01:30 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Quote:
[b]I'm a passionate college football fan, but it's just a fucking game. [Freak]
Amen.

[/b]
The one second from the right looks like she has a duck bill.

#667094 - 19/09/06 01:48 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:

The one second from the right looks like she has a duck bill.
She looks plenty fine to me. I'd hit it.

#667095 - 19/09/06 01:54 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Go Ducks. [ThumbsUp]
You should be ashamed. [/b]
I was actually referring to the cheerleaders at that point... :rolleyes:

This was a poorly officiated game on both sides. There were two non-calls on two OU TD throws (offensive PI and expired clock). You wanna reverse the onsides kick call, you gotta reverse those two as well, and maybe the snoop fumble, and certainly the 6 yard gift where your WR stepped out of bounds at midfield.

34 > 33

Boohoomer Sooner! [ThumbsUp]

PS - I'm starting to empathize with what Tech fans went thru last year. [Uh Oh !]

#667096 - 19/09/06 02:23 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
PS - I'm starting to empathize with what Tech fans went thru last year. [Uh Oh !]
They are definitely a bunch of whiney babies. I said it before, thankfully this happened because they were still on our boards before ya'll played this past weekend. Nevermind the fact that there was more proof of them screwing us in basketball with their clock operator a couple years before. And nevermind the fact that not one of them could come up with a actual proof of their claims. So, I just loved showing this off:

#667097 - 19/09/06 02:38 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Go Ducks. [ThumbsUp]
You should be ashamed. The refs call the onsides kick correctly, OU runs out the clock, game's over. That one call changed the course of the game, as the Pac 10 has now confirmed
[/b]
That's just the way things go.

Last year at WVU, an incorrect call was made near the end of regulation, during an on-side kick. WVU player bashed into our guy as he was attempting to catch the ball, and a WVU player caught it instead. It never hit the ground, therefore WVU wasn't allowed to touch it until a UofL player had. Nope. Ball went to WVU, they drove & tied the game. Then in triple OT, WVU pulled out the win.

And then WVU went to the Sugar Bowl and kicked UGA's arse. But if that bad call (which was apologized for the following Monday) hadn't been made (allowing WVU to recover an illegal onside kick), UofL would have won, and gone to the Sugar Bowl (Conference champ). But that's all history, now.

At least this was a non-conference game, with really no bearing on the season, anyhoo. OK or Oregon has a chance at a BCS game w/o winning their conference, at this point, which both still have the chance to do.

#667098 - 19/09/06 03:03 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Incidentally, I found that pic of snoop "fumbling" during our rapid march deep into Sooner territory.

Umm, yeah. Bad calls on both sides. Oregon rose above their bad calls (and their sloppy execution) to win the game. OU wilted and lost.

The more OU fans, Stoops, and their president whine about this, the less respect I have for that program.

#667099 - 19/09/06 06:15 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

you're saying that you wouldn't whine and bitch if a ref made a call that completely changed the outcome of the game? It wasn't like hte call was made in the 3rd quarter, it was literally right before the game ended. sure they didnt stop oregon on that drive, but it was the last drive of the game, with what, less than a minute left? I think the death threats and the throwing out of the results is too far, but you can't fault them for being pissed. you can make the argument that oregon played a better game, but that is completely irrelevant, because if the ref had made the right call, OU would have won. No question about it.

#667100 - 19/09/06 07:14 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by eli:
you're saying that you wouldn't whine and bitch if a ref made a call that completely changed the outcome of the game? It wasn't like hte call was made in the 3rd quarter, it was literally right before the game ended. sure they didnt stop oregon on that drive, but it was the last drive of the game, with what, less than a minute left? I think the death threats and the throwing out of the results is too far, but you can't fault them for being pissed. you can make the argument that oregon played a better game, but that is completely irrelevant, because if the ref had made the right call, OU would have won. No question about it.
True, but the bottom line is the game wasn't over at that point. They should of shut the fuck up, manned up, and played D. Then they would have possibly won the game. Instead, they sat there with their thumbs up their ass and blew it. It's their fault, period.

You want to talk about criminal negligence, I have seven words for you:

Miami - Ohio St. National Championship Game 2003.

That was criminal. mad

#667101 - 19/09/06 07:45 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by eli:
you're saying that you wouldn't whine and bitch if a ref made a call that completely changed the outcome of the game? It wasn't like hte call was made in the 3rd quarter, it was literally right before the game ended. sure they didnt stop oregon on that drive, but it was the last drive of the game, with what, less than a minute left?
This was one call out of many that "changed" the game. You can't single this one out and say it was the only one that had an impact, because that is, frankly, bullshit. There were many BS calls against Oregon before this one.

When Oregon recovered the onsides kick, OU had a 6 point lead and could have won if they manned up on defense. They didn't.

After OU returned the ball to the Oregon 30, they could have called a good play (as opposed to no gain up the middle) and gained some yards.

After the previously mentioned bonehead play, they could have actually converted the field goal. Instead, their line got blown off their blocks and the kick was blocked.

The refs did NOT cost OU this game. Stoops and company needs to grow a pair and realize that.

#667102 - 21/09/06 08:01 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I may have to become a Tech fan after all:

Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Texas Tech basketball coach Bob Knight, whose Red Raiders lost to Oklahoma on a controversial call three years ago, said he knows how fans feel about wanting a forfeit after OU's loss to Oregon on Saturday.

Knight called for Oklahoma to forfeit its basketball game with Tech on Jan. 20, 2003, when the Sooners won 69-64 in overtime at Norman after two clock controversies in the final seconds of regulation. Video replay later showed the game clock started late after OU in-bounded the ball on the game-tying drive.

"Maybe now those people at Oklahoma understand what I was talking about," Knight told The Oklahoman.

"Had Oklahoma forfeited that game against us like I suggested, they would have gotten far more positive publicity out of that than if they had gone to the Final Four that year. Now I guess the 'duck' is swimming in the other pond."

Oregon scored two touchdowns late to beat Oklahoma 34-33, including the game-winner that came after the Ducks recovered an onside kick. Video replay showed Oregon touched the ball before it went the required 10 yards, but the replay official did not overturn the call.
Link to ESPN story

[ThumbsUp]

Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal