2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#667253 - 14/11/06 02:59 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Xplore:
As a long suffering AZ Wildcat fan with no bias, the current rankings should be Florida 1, USC 2, Michigan 3, and OSU 4.

The only Quality win Ohio State had is the 2nd game of the year against then #2 Texas , but now we see that TX is not as good as predicted, and the only decent team the Longhorns have beaten is currently #24 Nebraska

Michigan has also played abunch of nobody's, but has a big win over #5 Notre Dame , who does not deserve that ranking. The Irish have beaten....nobody of consequence. They also beat Wisconsin , but who have the Badgers beaten that is worth a damn?

Florida , has beaten several good, bowl bound teams, including LSU, Auburn, & Tennessee, all in the top 25, and should win out in its last two games. If they lose the SEC championship (prolly against Arkansas), then they will lose their shot at the title, an deservedly so, but atm, they are the top team.

USC , whom I hate, got tripped up by Oregon State, but has beaten: Arkansas, Oregon, & Nebraska (all ranked), and still has to play #15 Cal, #5 Notre Dame (over-rated), and a UCLA team that is no pushover.

Living in AZ, where the game will be played, I would prefer to see an OSU or Michigan play Notre Dame. If only for the exposure and $$$ the game would bring to the Phoenix area. However, if USC wins out its remaining 3 games, they deserve to play for #1 against Florida (with SEC win). OSU and Michigan do not have the quality wins necessary to show they earned a right to play for the National Title.

I know, several games left to play before anything is decided, but tha is how I see it atm.

I will now put on my flame suit and grab some popping corn..... [Too much XOC]
You're kidding, right? Two one loss teams should be ranked above two undefeateds from a traditionally good BCS conference (one of which has DESTROYED everyone they have played with the exception of one game)?

#667254 - 15/11/06 02:40 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Xplore:
As a long suffering AZ Wildcat fan with no bias, the current rankings should be Florida 1, USC 2, Michigan 3, and OSU 4.

The only Quality win Ohio State had is the 2nd game of the year against then #2 Texas , but now we see that TX is not as good as predicted, and the only decent team the Longhorns have beaten is currently #24 Nebraska

Michigan has also played abunch of nobody's, but has a big win over #5 Notre Dame , who does not deserve that ranking. The Irish have beaten....nobody of consequence. They also beat Wisconsin , but who have the Badgers beaten that is worth a damn?

Florida , has beaten several good, bowl bound teams, including LSU, Auburn, & Tennessee, all in the top 25, and should win out in its last two games. If they lose the SEC championship (prolly against Arkansas), then they will lose their shot at the title, an deservedly so, but atm, they are the top team.

USC , whom I hate, got tripped up by Oregon State, but has beaten: Arkansas, Oregon, & Nebraska (all ranked), and still has to play #15 Cal, #5 Notre Dame (over-rated), and a UCLA team that is no pushover.

Living in AZ, where the game will be played, I would prefer to see an OSU or Michigan play Notre Dame. If only for the exposure and $$$ the game would bring to the Phoenix area. However, if USC wins out its remaining 3 games, they deserve to play for #1 against Florida (with SEC win). OSU and Michigan do not have the quality wins necessary to show they earned a right to play for the National Title.

I know, several games left to play before anything is decided, but tha is how I see it atm.

I will now put on my flame suit and grab some popping corn..... [Too much XOC]
When OSU wins Saturday they will have beaten two #2 teams in the regular season. I think it will be the first time in history it's happened twice in the regular season. Then they have to beat the current 2nd place team to win the National Championship. So in short they have to beat the #2 ranked team 3 times to win the NCS. Anyone else ever had to do that to win a NCS?

USC is overrated. They've been dodging bullets all year and they'll get hit before the regular season is over with so I highly doubt they'll be in the NC game.

Florida- potential to win out they might be there in the NCS game but I don't see either OSU or michigan losing to them.

michigan- undefeated up to this point but to face a strong Ohio State team that has been ranked #1 since the preseason. Tressel is 4-1 vs michigan.

Notre Dame- Totally overrated. They too have been dodging bullets shot by bad teams and will probably drop one to USC.

Ohio State- undefeated. Spanked UT in their house. Easy schedule this year so should have healthy players for michigan game. Again Tressel is 4-1 over michigan.

In truth I think the NCG will be played this weekend. Whomever wins between Ohio State and michigan will win the NC.

...with that said,

GO BUCKS! Beat michigan!

#667255 - 15/11/06 02:55 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

#667256 - 15/11/06 02:59 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

The new michigan quarter should be minted after Saturday...

#667257 - 17/11/06 07:48 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:

Notre Dame- Totally overrated. They too have been dodging bullets shot by bad teams and will probably drop one to USC.
Now, I'm not saying Notre Dame is over rated or under rated, but how have they been dodging bullets more than anyone else?

They have only had 3 close outcomes: Georgia Tech, Michigan State, UCLA.

USC has had as many close outcomes: Washington State, Washington, Arizona State.

Florida has had more close outcomes: Tennessee, Georgia, Vanderbilt, South Carolina.

Ohio State has had one close outcome: Illinois.

Michigan has had one close outcome: Penn State.

A win is a win.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#667258 - 17/11/06 09:51 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Florida has a much more demanding schedule, though (and tennessee is alot better than UCLA and Michigan state), which means that week to week there is more wear and tear, more chance for injury, and more chances to overlook games because you have such a tough opponent the next week.

I agree that a win is a win, but you have to look at HOW they win as well.

#667259 - 18/11/06 03:55 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

GO BUCKS!

#667260 - 19/11/06 06:53 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
You know, I think the game lived up to all the hype. Sort of like the OSU/UT game last year. I think Michigan earned a rematch to play OSU on a neutral field. That's hard for me to say because I used to think it should be the winner of the USC/ND game next week. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks.

#667261 - 20/11/06 07:24 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. mad I'm starting to get a bit pissed here, and our coaches are in a bind. They picked our starting QB and built the offense around him with the idea that he would improve, but he's just gone backwards since the Cal debacle. He locks on recievers and throws at them no matter what the coverage is. This is a top 10 QB prospect from a couple of years ago, mind you. Oh well, looks like we'll be going to some sort of kitchen aid, tire, or vacuum cleaner bowl this year. laugh

tOSU/UM was a good game. I was pulling for Michigan but they did look outgunned. I don't think Michigan should get a rematch. USC is coming together at the right time so they're likely to get into the NC game again. I have mixed feelings about that. Even though I don't like Cal I frankly wanted them to best the dick wraps because I'm getting tired of them winning the Pac-10. This will be their third or fourth year in a row now.

#667262 - 20/11/06 12:46 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Oh well, looks like we'll be going to some sort of kitchen aid, tire, or vacuum cleaner bowl this year.
Welcome to the club. frown All I can hope for is ND upsetting USC to help me feel better about this college football season. Otherwise, I can't wait to get this season over with and never think about it again. Unfortunately, things aren't looking any better for us next year.

#667263 - 20/11/06 01:55 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
All I can hope for is ND upsetting USC to help me feel better about this college football season.
Don't count on it - SC has really kicked it into gear the last couple of games. I don't see that the domers have much of a chance.

Quote:
Unfortunately, things aren't looking any better for us next year.
I still have hope for next year. The defense can finally get healthy, and we have some very good defensive players coming in. On offense all of our skill players are back and our O-line should again be solid. The only question mark is QB, but I think we'll see improvement there. As I noted above, Dixon (current starter) is a blue-chipper with loads of talent - if he can get his head on straight for his senior year we'll be dangerous. If he can't, I think you'll see either Brady Leaf or Nate Costa. Leaf is the older of the two, and from the outside looks like the obvious starter. Costa fits the spread better, however, and has looked extremely promising. The other thing that helps us next year is that our schedule won't be nearly as brutal. Michigan on the road will suck and we'll probably lose, but all of our tough conference games will be at home next time around.

#667264 - 20/11/06 02:37 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

We have a blue chipper qb that started this year. The problem is, we also have 3 blue chipper qb's sitting behind him in line (one of them transferred from Arizona St). It will be interesting to see if our coach goes with the guy that really didn't show much this year (as far as I'm concerned) or if he'll truely hold a tryout in the spring (like any D1 coach should do). Based on Leach's track record, a lot of us aren't banking on a fair tryout which is shame. I'm not sold on Harrell as our QB.

#667265 - 20/11/06 06:35 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Who knew Philip Rivers was a Tech fan. Actually, more like a Bobby Knight fan, but we'll take the free pub. I wonder if he would be wearing that shirt if he loss to us once or both times he played us:

http://www.chargers.com/news/advanced-me...diaBitrate=300k

#667266 - 21/11/06 10:04 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since it's Civil War week:

Odds are we lose, but if we can limit turnovers and get consistent QB play we can still win this one. For the curious among you, the Civil War is the oldest college football rivalry on the west coast, and one of the oldest in the nation (something like 4th or 5th, I belive). It was first played in 1894. Oregon leads the series 55-44-10.

#667267 - 24/11/06 08:45 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
Don't worry Nismo, They have to live through other teams because they know they can't beat Texas...
Karma strikes again!

Texas A&M 12 t.u. 7

#667268 - 25/11/06 09:28 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Karma strikes again!
mad

3 missed field goals, pile of turnovers, and we lose (barely this time). Story of the season. Oh well. At least we'll get a manageable bowl opponent. laugh

Ark-LSU was a pretty good one yesterday. Today I'm interested in BSU-Nevada (sort of) and of course dick wraps v. domers.

#667269 - 25/11/06 10:26 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Apparently somebody finally told the A&M defensive coordinator that you'r supposed to have a game plan before the game, not wait until you see how they are playing and make adjustments at half time. And this is the result of what happens when you do.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#667270 - 25/11/06 04:02 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Nacho00X Offline

Loc: Norman OK USA
Thank you A&M, you sent OU to the BIG 12 Championship!!!!

#667271 - 25/11/06 04:26 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nacho00X:
Thank you A&M, you sent OU to the BIG 12 Championship!!!!

Wow... Nacho00X... 13 posts since Jan 2001... eek longtime lurker eh? laugh

#667272 - 25/11/06 09:00 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Wow... Nacho00X... 13 posts since Jan 2001... eek longtime lurker eh? laugh
[Spit]

#667273 - 26/11/06 05:45 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Nacho00X Offline

Loc: Norman OK USA
Yeah I read almost everyday but never post, I am the lurker king.

#667274 - 27/11/06 07:40 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

USC-ND went about as expected, though ND scored more than I thought they would. In any event, it was a beatdown. I expect another beatdown in their BCS game. This loss makes it 15 years without a bowl game, give or take a year.

USC will beat UCLA and with that should get them into the NC game. I'll grudgingly root for them because they're a Pac-10 team, but I don't think they'll beat tOSU.

Oregon looks destined for Vegas against BYU. Vegas will be a fun destination, though I doubt I'll make the trip this year. I just hope we don't lose to a MWC team. :rolleyes:

#667275 - 27/11/06 08:51 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
USC-ND went about as expected, though ND scored more than I thought they would. In any event, it was a beatdown. I expect another beatdown in their BCS game.
You saw the same game, right? Yes, USC won and would have won no matter what, but ND shot themselves the whole game. They had their chances and they blew it. A "beatdown" is a overstatement.
Quote:
This loss makes it 15 years without a bowl game, give or take a year.
I'd hold off on that.. Depends who they play. Michigan would kill them again, but I don't see any of their other potential matchups beating them.

#667276 - 27/11/06 11:12 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Awesome.

#667277 - 27/11/06 11:06 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was nice to see UT taken down another peg. So much for Vince not being the team last year I guess. Same team - Vince = top 20 team.

Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal