shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#667228 - 11/11/06 12:01 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
If it weren't for the refs for the most part, UT would have lost to Tech.
wtf, dude?

You sound like a pOUter. I thought you were better then that. :rolleyes:

#667229 - 11/11/06 01:04 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
wtf, dude?

You sound like a pOUter. I thought you were better then that. :rolleyes:
Naw, dude, I never said that was THE reason we lost. Just one of the reasons. All we had to do was score one TD in the 2nd half and we couldn't do it. However, even the real UT fans said the refs did a poor job in their favor. I'm sure the real Oregan fans admitted that after the OU game. Still, it's hardly ever the real reason the other team lost, but it's disappointing that they couldn't call a good game. Like I said, it wasn't the main reason we loss. It's a shame that we don't have the reputation of a OU, USC, Miami, etc. or you would have really heard about it nationally. Think about the mehem if those calls went against UT and aided Tech to victory. eek Oh well, life goes on and here's to my Red Raider hopefully giving the pOUters a good game tonight in Norman. [ThumbsUp]

Oh yeah, I never said Michigan was better or definitely going to beat OSU. I said "if" they do win. All this talk is a "what-if" senario. Also, a Michigan win all but seals the deal for that "over-rated" Brady Quinn as Heisman. I mean, he's so "over-rated", he may drop to the #2 or 3 pick. :rolleyes:

#667230 - 11/11/06 01:17 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

you're right, the number one and number 2 pick from last year weren't overrated at all :rolleyes:

#667231 - 11/11/06 02:41 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

You're joking, right? [Freak]

#667232 - 11/11/06 02:57 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you think that Mario Williams and Reggie Bush have had great years? Bush isn't even close to being the rookie of the year. The saints are doing everything they can to get bush involved, and he still isn't doing great. imagine how bad he would have been if he went to a team that wasn't as creative with him as the saints are. Colston went 3 picks from the end of the draft in the 7th round, and is one of the best wide recievers in the league...rookies and veterans.

#667233 - 11/11/06 04:19 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
*WHEW!* That was a close one!!!

GO GATORS!!!!!!

#667234 - 11/11/06 05:15 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

michigan wins again! go big blue. next week is the big one....

#667235 - 11/11/06 05:46 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by eli:
Do you think that Mario Williams and Reggie Bush have had great years? Bush isn't even close to being the rookie of the year. The saints are doing everything they can to get bush involved, and he still isn't doing great. imagine how bad he would have been if he went to a team that wasn't as creative with him as the saints are. Colston went 3 picks from the end of the draft in the 7th round, and is one of the best wide recievers in the league...rookies and veterans.
First, Mario Williams wasn't over-rated. Being over-rated comes from the media and they all thought the Texans were stupid. There was hardly any hype on Mario except by just about all the NFL scouts which we don't really hear much about. Turns out, Mario is getting better and better each week and is already playing better than people thought. Bush started pretty good, but is slowly on the decline (will be interesting to watch). Vince Young found out that the NFL is going to be alot more difficult than what he had at Texas. With all that said, it's way too early to decide if any of those three are a bust. We'll revisit this at the end of next season, but calling them over-rated right now is foolish.

#667236 - 11/11/06 06:43 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

back to college.... COLT!!! NOOOOOOOO!!! why now?

#667237 - 11/11/06 09:49 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

ugh, that injury hurt UT pretty bad.

wth? I've never seen so many injuries for one team in my life [Freak]

a great team would have been able to pull that victory out. We didn't have that team tonight. mad

A win over aTm is all I want now. frown

#667238 - 11/11/06 10:12 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fuck. mad

Karma got us all for making fun of Louisville. laugh

#667239 - 11/11/06 11:34 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

i just hope he is back so we can be in the fiesta bowl.

#667240 - 12/11/06 01:32 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go Bucks, Beat michigan!

#667241 - 12/11/06 09:40 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Fuck. mad

Karma got us all for making fun of Louisville. laugh
Karma is a bitch isn't it?

[Too much XOC]

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the K State victory over UT again on ESPN Classic this morning... Nice way to crawl out of bed on a Sunday morning...

#667242 - 12/11/06 10:15 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the K State victory over UT again on ESPN Classic this morning... Nice way to crawl out of bed on a Sunday morning...
You did see the A&M game, didn't you?

#667243 - 12/11/06 07:14 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Karma is a bitch isn't it?

[Too much XOC]

Don't worry Nismo, They have to live through other teams because they know they can't beat Texas...

or Texas Tech laugh [Finger]

#667244 - 12/11/06 08:48 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go Tigers!!!! Am I the only clemson fan?

#667245 - 12/11/06 08:53 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by clemsontiger09:
Go Tigers!!!! Am I the only clemson fan?
Yeah - Clemson blows.

Sorry. [Finger]

#667246 - 12/11/06 09:46 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]I thoroughly enjoyed watching the K State victory over UT again on ESPN Classic this morning... Nice way to crawl out of bed on a Sunday morning...
You did see the A&M game, didn't you?[/b]
That was a tough loss... but it was not one that wasn't unexpected... it's been a tough year to be an Aggie fan... what with games decided by a few points in the last few seconds... I swear the decisions the coaching staff makes can make one grow old fast...

On the other hand, I take pleasure whenever t.u. goes down... that way I no longer have to hear horns gloat as much...

#667247 - 12/11/06 09:54 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Go Kentucky Wildcats! Winning three consecutive SEC games for the first time in seven years... bowl eligible for the first time since 1999!

#667248 - 13/11/06 05:20 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...

#667249 - 13/11/06 08:54 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

When your coach leaves Kentucky for Baylor... sigh... It's a tough life climbing from the cellar to mediocrity in SEC East Football... frown Wildcat fans are simply happy to go to a bowl... any bowl...

#667250 - 14/11/06 10:43 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Here you go Long, a personal favorite of mine. laugh
u r [Rainbow]

#667251 - 14/11/06 11:28 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a long suffering AZ Wildcat fan with no bias, the current rankings should be Florida 1, USC 2, Michigan 3, and OSU 4.

The only Quality win Ohio State had is the 2nd game of the year against then #2 Texas , but now we see that TX is not as good as predicted, and the only decent team the Longhorns have beaten is currently #24 Nebraska

Michigan has also played abunch of nobody's, but has a big win over #5 Notre Dame , who does not deserve that ranking. The Irish have beaten....nobody of consequence. They also beat Wisconsin , but who have the Badgers beaten that is worth a damn?

Florida , has beaten several good, bowl bound teams, including LSU, Auburn, & Tennessee, all in the top 25, and should win out in its last two games. If they lose the SEC championship (prolly against Arkansas), then they will lose their shot at the title, an deservedly so, but atm, they are the top team.

USC , whom I hate, got tripped up by Oregon State, but has beaten: Arkansas, Oregon, & Nebraska (all ranked), and still has to play #15 Cal, #5 Notre Dame (over-rated), and a UCLA team that is no pushover.

Living in AZ, where the game will be played, I would prefer to see an OSU or Michigan play Notre Dame. If only for the exposure and $$$ the game would bring to the Phoenix area. However, if USC wins out its remaining 3 games, they deserve to play for #1 against Florida (with SEC win). OSU and Michigan do not have the quality wins necessary to show they earned a right to play for the National Title.

I know, several games left to play before anything is decided, but tha is how I see it atm.

I will now put on my flame suit and grab some popping corn..... [Too much XOC]

#667252 - 14/11/06 01:13 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I pretty much agree, except for the fact that Florida barely won against both tennesee and barely lost to Auburn, who proved themselves to be overrated as well, oh and SC. OSU did beat texas when their defense was healthy and they were holding back McCoy, but nevertheless it was still a good win (Texas also beat OU...that game can always go either way...and i also never thought that UT deserved to be in the national championship this year, even though i am a diehard fan) nevertheless, USC, if they win out, i still think is worse than both michigan florida and OSU. when usc beat arkansas, they had a different QB and a confused running game. Notre dame is way overrated, but i would also love to see them just completely destroyed by OSU or Mich in the Nat'l Championship. Cal is overrated too. I think the best matchup would be the winner of OSU-michigan and the winner of the SEC (assuming that the winner does not have two losses...which in that case maybe a rematch of OSU & Mich. or Rutgers if they are still undefeated). I know, I know, rutgers actually sucks even if they are undefeated, but it would be interesting to see HOW sucky they actually are.

Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal