shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#667178 - 28/10/06 09:21 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
I just hope the UT vs. Tech game is a good game and they don't embarrass us like last year. Then again, it is a gubernatorial year and we have beat UT on that year for the past 14 years, so there's one thing to be hopeful for. laugh
doh! one for two on the night...

you got your wish mad laugh

I've been looking at that game since the Ohio State game because I knew it was going to be close. I sure am glad to have it over. :rolleyes:

#667179 - 28/10/06 09:24 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about USC eh?

They finally show that they were soooo over-rated. I expect USC to still be ranked higher than Texas in the BCS [Freak]

#667180 - 29/10/06 06:59 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Damn, that was a close game. I'm glad we didn't get blown out like the last couple years. Harrell was playing out of his mind in the first half, but then came back down to reality in the second. I don't think he's the quarterback of our future. He scored 3 points against a crappy TCU team, gave a crappy Mizzou team 28, only scored 6 against the 0-6 CU Buffs and now scored zero in the 2nd half against UT. That's like shooting below par on the front nine and shooting a 50 on the back nine. [Freak] And I know Leach doesn't run the ball much, but I don't think I've ever seen us end the game with negative rushing yards. [LOL]

Oh well, I can't wait to get this season over. Next year was supposed to be a rebuilding year, so I guess we wanted to get a head start on it. In the meantime, let's go Irish! You should be able to finally beat USC this year. laugh

#667181 - 29/10/06 04:16 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!!

#667182 - 30/10/06 09:58 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:

That's 2 in a row, Chris. [Wave]
Payback for me whipping your ass in fantasy a few weeks ago, I'm thinkin'..

What sucks is I was expecting the Canes to lose this time around. mad

#667183 - 30/10/06 10:27 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Lust Jizz at Midnight:
[b]IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!!

[/b]
Awesome pics! It must be good to be a Gator... Did you get hit by any birds that far up in the stands? [LOL]

#667184 - 30/10/06 10:28 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Damn, that was a close game. I'm glad we didn't get blown out like the last couple years.
Tech should have won that game... Did Tech decide to stop playing defense in the 2nd half?

#667185 - 30/10/06 11:30 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Tech should have won that game... Did Tech decide to stop playing defense in the 2nd half?
Texas is going to get their points, especially considering our defense has never been good in this system. Our offense scored zero freakin' points in the 2nd half after scoring 24 in the first. I think the better question is, "Did Tech decide to stop playing defense AND offense in the 2nd half?" [Freak]

#667186 - 30/10/06 11:52 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good God - I just looked at the box score for Texas - TT. Can somebody explain how in the hell a team can have 519 passing yards and only 21 rushing yards? Does Tech literally have no options at tailback or is the o-line blocking that bad? This prompted me to look up the season stats, and so far Tech has about 3250 passing yards and 640 rushing yards.

A good team to contrast that with is Oregon, which also runs the spread. So far this year it looks like we've got just over 2,100 passing yards and 1,600 rushing yards.

In total yards the teams are pretty close (Tech has just under 200 more), but Oregon is scoring about seven more points per game.

Lunch is over so I gotta quit wasting time looking up football stats. frown

#667187 - 30/10/06 12:15 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
It must be good to be a Gator... Did you get hit by any birds that far up in the stands? [LOL]
Hey, the tickets were free. I'm not complaining!

Section 443 Row GG in da house!

#667188 - 30/10/06 12:41 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Good God - I just looked at the box score for Texas - TT. Can somebody explain how in the hell a team can have 519 passing yards and only 21 rushing yards? Does Tech literally have no options at tailback or is the o-line blocking that bad? This prompted me to look up the season stats, and so far Tech has about 3250 passing yards and 640 rushing yards.

A good team to contrast that with is Oregon, which also runs the spread. So far this year it looks like we've got just over 2,100 passing yards and 1,600 rushing yards.

In total yards the teams are pretty close (Tech has just under 200 more), but Oregon is scoring about seven more points per game.

Lunch is over so I gotta quit wasting time looking up football stats.
Well, we lost our stud running back last year to graduation. We're now stuck playing a sophomore. He really has done a pretty good job this year, except in this game. Texas shut down the running game which isn't anything new. They did that against Ohio State too and basically everyone they've played. You're not going to beat Texas on the ground. They have one of the worst passing defenses in the nation for a reason. Something is definitely wrong with our offense this year. Could be our O-line, could be our QB, who knows. Changes will be made though. What a wasted year for us. frown

#667189 - 30/10/06 12:50 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
What a wasted year for us. frown
Join the club. frown

#667190 - 30/10/06 01:34 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can understand not running against Texas specifically, but the season stats show a very unbalanced attack.

Texas has looked vulnerable in the last couple of weeks to average teams. There could be a damn embarrasing BCS game in store for the big 12. laugh

#667191 - 30/10/06 01:40 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
I can understand not running against Texas specifically, but the season stats show a very unbalanced attack.
We're still getting good production out of them whenever we do run the ball. The problem is, we're not moving the ball, putting points on the board and finding ourselves playing from behind. Therefore, we're going to the air alot more than in the past.
Quote:
Texas has looked vulnerable in the last couple of weeks to average teams. There could be a damn embarrasing BCS game in store for the big 12. laugh
I'm hoping for a UT vs ND matchup. laugh

#667192 - 30/10/06 02:04 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

well that won't be embarrassing, Notre Dame isn't good. (almost losing to UCLA, losing to Navy at one point, barely beating purdue, michigan state, Georgia Tech) basically , they are a top 25 team, but def not top 10.

#667193 - 30/10/06 03:24 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by eli:
well that won't be embarrassing, Notre Dame isn't good. (almost losing to UCLA, losing to Navy at one point, barely beating purdue, michigan state, Georgia Tech) basically , they are a top 25 team, but def not top 10.
I actually meant that Texas could lose to Boise State, who will probably be in the Fiesta Bowl this year. laugh

Notre Dame is an average team, but their passing game could give Texas fits.

#667194 - 30/10/06 03:25 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Definitely not embarrassing, but they're actually pretty even with Texas and it would be a good game. We'll know a little more in a couple weeks. UT got killed by OSU. ND got killed by Michigan. We'll see who the better of those two are when they play. Even if ND loses to USC or has two loses, they'll be in a BCS bowl. There could be a very good chance those two play each other and it would be a very fun game to watch. [ThumbsUp] I'll have to dust off my Irish gear and go up to the bar around all the Longhorn fans. laugh

#667195 - 30/10/06 05:30 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

the only reason that people are getting yards on Texas is because their defense has been having injuries the last 2 weeks, which will be gone by bowl-game time. Boise State has not, and will not, play a single ranked opponent during their entire season. OU is ALOT different than hawaii and wyoming (their closest games). There is absolutely no comparison, I'm sorry. And as far as ND goes, getting beaten by Michigan 47-21 is alot different than getting beaten 24-7. anytime someone scores 47 points on you, there is something wrong (or michigan state scores 37??). Last time I checked Colt McCoy had a higher passer rating, higher completion rating, more touchdowns, and a higher yard-per-throw average than Brady Quinn. And don't even get me started on the ND Defense.

So yes, it will be fun to watch (for texas fans) laugh

#667196 - 30/10/06 06:22 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Boise State has not, and will not, play a single ranked opponent during their entire season. OU is ALOT different than hawaii and wyoming (their closest games). There is absolutely no comparison, I'm sorry.
I agree that Boise's schedule sucks, and as one of my degrees is from the University of Idaho, I have no love for BSU. That being said, if OSU wins out they'll land in the mid teens, and Hawaii is better than people are giving them credit for. I expect them to finish in the top 25. They lead the country in offense and damn near beat Alabama at home. Their QB is a stud and they've got by far the most raw talent of any non-BCS squad (more than a few of the guys on their team will play on Sundays).

No question that Texas beats Boise 8 or 9 out of 10 on a neutral field. But, they would actually stand a chance, and it would crack me up to see an overrated Big 12 squad lose to a WAC team. Texas is pretty good, and OU is okay as well. Outside of that, the Big 12 is worse this year than any BCS conference not called the ACC. No, I didn't forget the Big Least.

Edited to add: My other alma mater is Oregon. Remember the last time you played them? In case you need a reminder, it went something like this:

[Finger]

#667197 - 31/10/06 08:32 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
And as far as ND goes, getting beaten by Michigan 47-21 is alot different than getting beaten 24-7. anytime someone scores 47 points on you, there is something wrong (or michigan state scores 37??). Last time I checked Colt McCoy had a higher passer rating, higher completion rating, more touchdowns, and a higher yard-per-throw average than Brady Quinn. And don't even get me started on the ND Defense.

So yes, it will be fun to watch (for texas fans) laugh
What year did you graduate UT?

Everyone gets up for ND. The tradition, the jealousy, etc... I'm surprised they don't have 2 losses at this point. However, you're mistaken if you think this will be a fun game to watch for Texas. If they win that game, you might have a heart attack in the precess. ND is not winning pretty, but they're winning and that's all that matters. Same thing for UT when they play real teams. Both ND and UT's defenses has been exposed. It would make for a fun game to watch with all the scoring. [ThumbsUp]

#667198 - 31/10/06 11:23 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I forgot about this thread...

Just wanted to say GO BEAVERS!

OSU 33 USC 31

Sorry, guys. Had to get that out of my system. USC should not even be in the top 15 IMHO. Too many close games that they snuck away with.

Two beers for my Beavs! [drink] [drink]

#667199 - 31/10/06 05:21 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
It would make for a fun game to watch with all the scoring.
I know, those are the best! I was at the nat'l championship (rose bowl) last year, and it nearly killed me!

I never graduated from UT, but i grew up in austin (born and raised), and both my parents went to UT, so I have been a huge fan and been going to games for as long as I can remember. I went to UT for one semester during hurricane katrina,though.

#667200 - 03/11/06 08:12 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fun game last night, but Louisville in deep shit if they have to play tOSU in the NC game.

#667201 - 03/11/06 11:01 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

GO CARDS!!!

We'll be fine regardless of what bowl game we are in. We match up better against a throwing team than a running team.

#667202 - 03/11/06 11:37 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Fun game last night, but Louisville in deep shit if they have to play tOSU in the NC game.
I disagree. We've seen the underdog win way too much recently in all sports. Anything can happen in one game. The problem is, there shouldn't be just the "one" game. Louisville should play the competition to see if they're good enough to play in the big game. This system sucks. And even if Louisville wins out, they still may not be in the championship game. [Freak] I'm continuing to root for the biggest mess in the system possible. [ThumbsUp]

Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal