shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#667003 - 02/09/06 10:06 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Cal's gettin' smoked.
GO VOLS!

#667004 - 03/09/06 07:28 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
College football is back! Some things haven't changed. Yet another over-rated Pac-10 team gets exposed. The Big 12 North is still a complete joke (I'm not convinced about Nebraska). Notre Dame played well enough to win and should be able to build upon it. I can see them being undefeated going into USC at the end of the year. And these new rules suck. Tech missed out on 10-14 points last night because of them. [Laughing] [Smoking]

#667005 - 03/09/06 04:00 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Yet another over-rated Pac-10 team gets exposed.
The fact that they were overrated has been known in Pac-10 country for a long time. It does suck that they were so overhyped and got manhandled in a 17 point loss at Tenn (admittedly a tough venue).

Still, the HUGE black-eye of the day was the defending big 12 north champs going down to a freaking 1-AA squad. Well, that and *see below*

Quote:
Notre Dame played well enough to win and should be able to build upon it. I can see them being undefeated going into USC at the end of the year.
[Freak]

Dude - they're fucking overrated. They're ranked #2 and barely beat an unranked team with a terrible offensive unit (the same team that was blown out by freaking Utah last year). They haven't won a bowl game in TWELVE years.

Put down the kool-aid. :rolleyes:

#667006 - 03/09/06 05:33 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Cal would have lost by more if UT hadnt put the 2nd and 3rd string D in. smile

#667007 - 03/09/06 05:57 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
The fact that they were overrated has been known in Pac-10 country for a long time. It does suck that they were so overhyped and got manhandled in a 17 point loss at Tenn (admittedly a tough venue).
You're kidding right? Tennessee decided not to go Mike Leach on them in the 4th quarter or it could have been 56-3. It's a tough place to play, but a good team would have at least competed.
Quote:
Still, the HUGE black-eye of the day was the defending big 12 north champs going down to a freaking 1-AA squad.

Not really. The north has been a joke for years now. It hasn't been competitive since CU and NU duked it out in '01. eek
Quote:
Dude - they're fucking overrated. They're ranked #2 and barely beat an unranked team with a terrible offensive unit (the same team that was blown out by freaking Utah last year). They haven't won a bowl game in TWELVE years.

Put down the kool-aid. :rolleyes:
They, unlike Cal, went into a tough place to play their first game and came out with a the "W". That's all that counts. They will only get better. Did you see that defense in the 2nd half? [ThumbsUp] It won't be long before they start clicking on offense too. Do I think they're over-rated? God yes! But I look at that schedule and can see them going into the USC game undefeated. If you can't see that, you must really had ND then and need to put something down as well.

BTW, NOBODY is the same team from one year to the next in college football.

#667008 - 03/09/06 08:09 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

here's my team.

GO HOKIES!

#667009 - 03/09/06 09:28 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fuck.

Just lost our best player, heisman candidate Michael Bush. Broke his leg bone; out for the year. He had 120+ yards & 3 TD's in the first half of our in-state scrimmage (UofL vs. UK), but now he's done for the year. This sucks.

#667010 - 04/09/06 08:00 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You're kidding right? Tennessee decided not to go Mike Leach on them in the 4th quarter or it could have been 56-3. It's a tough place to play, but a good team would have at least competed.
I said they were overrated and manhandled. Don't know how I'm "kidding." [Freak]

Quote:
The north has been a joke for years now. It hasn't been competitive since CU and NU duked it out in '01. eek

Remember what happened to those fine competitive teams when they hit their BCS bowls?

Quote:
Did you see that defense in the 2nd half? [ThumbsUp]
Did you see the offense it was defending? [Sleep]

Quote:
But I look at that schedule and can see them going into the USC game undefeated. If you can't see that, you must really had ND then and need to put something down as well.
They'll have at least two losses going into USC (and they'll pick up another at the coliseum).

#667011 - 04/09/06 08:03 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Fuck.

Just lost our best player, heisman candidate Michael Bush. Broke his leg bone; out for the year. He had 120+ yards & 3 TD's in the first half of our in-state scrimmage (UofL vs. UK), but now he's done for the year. This sucks.
I saw that, and that sucks. [ThumbsDown]

Our stud RB tweaked his ankle against 'furd and my heart jumped out of my chest. Luckily it's just a mild sprain and he'll be back next year.

How's the depth at RB?

#667012 - 04/09/06 08:28 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
I said they were overrated and manhandled. Don't know how I'm "kidding." [Freak]
I was just commenting on the part where you put the 17 point loss. I was wondering why you would even put that. I know that's the accurate score, but it's misleading if you didn't watch the game.
Quote:
Remember what happened to those fine competitive teams when they hit their BCS bowls?
Oh yeah. I lived in Denver at the time and my co-worker was a Husker fan. He got tired of all the hype that the 2-loss CU got that year. In Nebraska's defense... I dont' think anyone could have competed against Miami that year. They were incredible.
Quote:
Did you see the offense it was defending? [Sleep]
Yeah, that receiver of theirs was pretty strong.
Quote:
They'll have at least two losses going into USC (and they'll pick up another at the coliseum).
Too early to get into it with you on that USC game, but what 2 losses are you counting on?

#667013 - 04/09/06 08:29 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Fuck.

Damn, that sucks. I hope our soon-to-be Heisman candidate can come back.

#667014 - 04/09/06 09:19 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Fuck.

I saw that awkward tackle as well... it was not a pretty sight.

#667015 - 04/09/06 10:44 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Too early to get into it with you on that USC game, but what 2 losses are you counting on?
Penn State, Michigan, UCLA are the most likely sources. Stanford could even give them some trouble (very good senior QB and two stud recievers against really bad Irish secondary). Even Michigan State could be a potential loss (they sucked last year too, but that didn't stop them from beating the Irish).

Meh, who cares.

Right now I care about a trap game in Fresno.

#667016 - 04/09/06 11:54 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Penn State, Michigan, UCLA are the most likely sources. Stanford could even give them some trouble (very good senior QB and two stud recievers against really bad Irish secondary). Even Michigan State could be a potential loss (they sucked last year too, but that didn't stop them from beating the Irish).
You can do that with just about any schedule in the nation, but let's break down the one's you mentioned. They have Penn State at home, Michigan at home, UCLA at home (doesn't matter because they are a weak Pac10 team since they're not USC) and Standford at home (again with the Pac10 thing and didn't they just lose UC-Davis at home last year?). Michigan St. is obviously a tough one since they lost to them last year and it's on the road, but I seriously doubt they will look past them this year.
Quote:
Right now I care about a trap game in Fresno.
I agree... all I care about is playing UTEP and TCU on the road and getting our star receiver back to being eligible.

#667017 - 04/09/06 01:44 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[QB]Standford at home (again with the Pac10 thing and didn't they just lose UC-Davis at home last year?).[/qb
They also damn near beat Notre Dame last year. Their strengths on offense play into ND's weaknesses on defense. UCLA is in the same boat. Yes, both of these are middle of the road Pac-10 teams this year - but that's good enough for a realistic chance of beating ND, imo.

#667018 - 05/09/06 04:20 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
I dont' think anyone could have competed against Miami that year. They were incredible.
I wish folks could say the same this year. Another fucking loss to the 'Noles! Gah!
[Freak]

Both defenses were unreal fast. That's the fastest FSU defense I've ever seen, especially that front seven. Christ on a stick, the LB's were all over Wright last night.

Goddammit. Kyle Wright, newsflash. This is where you need to step up young man. Under pressure? THROW AWAY THE FUCKING BALL!! mad

#667019 - 05/09/06 06:13 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
No shit. Those 15 yard sacks were ugly. I really enjoyed that game last night though. Very entertaining.

#667020 - 05/09/06 06:57 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
They also damn near beat Notre Dame last year. Their strengths on offense play into ND's weaknesses on defense. UCLA is in the same boat. Yes, both of these are middle of the road Pac-10 teams this year - but that's good enough for a realistic chance of beating ND, imo.
Correct, but ND played AT Standford last year which is why it will be different this year. Just ask the USC team last year. wink Playing at Mich. St. will be their hardest test this year, imo. Not saying they can't lose at home, but they have a harder time playing on the road. Then again, that can be said for just about every college team.

#667021 - 05/09/06 07:19 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow! Good to see other Husker fans on here. Saturdays around here are sacred. I still say we have the best fan base. I was in the stadium during the opener, and was shocked to see how well we did right off the bat. Maybe we'll have a good year this year. I still don't think we'll be in any good bowl games, but maybe they'll suprise me.

#667022 - 08/09/06 10:23 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Fuck.

laugh

At least we made him a millionaire before the NFL draft.

#667023 - 08/09/06 10:27 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a buzz here in Austin.

This game is big. I can't wait!

#667024 - 09/09/06 02:31 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Regarding Notre Dame, I may need some ketchup for my crow. [Freak]

PS - Only Heinz, please. It's the best ketchup on the market, bar none.

#667025 - 09/09/06 02:43 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hook 'em!!

#667026 - 09/09/06 04:58 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Hook em

#667027 - 09/09/06 10:19 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
More like "we got hooked" than anything.

They got their ass kicked.

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal