shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#667700 - 10/04/03 09:23 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
off2cjb Offline

$5 to anyone who beats the Flyers.

#667701 - 10/04/03 09:47 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
XtremeFlyer Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
7 out of 8 upsets in two days.. who would have thought.. This is why Stanley Cup is the best playoffs in sports.

#667702 - 10/04/03 11:56 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
6-0 over the Canucks! LOL oh lord what a sad display tonight. Somebody give Cloutier some coffee next time around.

#667703 - 11/04/03 06:37 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
WTF is going on? All but one of the top seeds lost the first game. I wonder if that has ever happened before. I hope Anaheim and Detroit have 6 more games like the one last night. Then they will be tired as hell in the second round.

#667704 - 11/04/03 08:07 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
WTF is going on? All but one of the top seeds lost the first game. I wonder if that has ever happened before. I hope Anaheim and Detroit have 6 more games like the one last night. Then they will be tired as hell in the second round.
Detroit won't repeat.

I watched a total of about five minutes, in the end of the 2OT period. Good fucking christ, the Wings looked like the old men they really are! The Ducks were all over the Wings' zone, peppering CuJo with shots! I'm amazed he took as long as he did to show he's not a big-game player . . .

The Wings looked so tired. A couple more games like this, Chelios will be on the bench, begging for a break . . .

I don't think they have the legs for a long series anymore . . .

On the other hand, the Canucks have the legs, the strength, the talent, and the worst little goalie in the league! Goddammit, Burke, he's not a big-time player!! mad
Cloutier has impressed me during the regular season, but he's streaky, moreso than Ozzie, and Osgood is a winner. He won a cup in Detroit. Why didn't Burke actively seek Osgood!?

Burke is an ass . . . mad

#667705 - 11/04/03 08:45 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

Do the Wild have a chance at beating the Avs? I think they do. I am not sure Roy has another one in him, at least I hope he doesn't.

You are right about Osgood though. I could not believe he ended up with the Isles. I think he is an underated player for sure. He gets no respect, and he was great when they one the Cup. Is he elite? Maybe not, but if you have a good team in front of him, he can win the big game for you.

#667706 - 11/04/03 08:49 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Do the Wild have a chance at beating the Avs? I think they do. I am not sure Roy has another one in him, at least I hope he doesn't.

You are right about Osgood though. I could not believe he ended up with the Isles. I think he is an underated player for sure. He gets no respect, and he was great when they one the Cup. Is he elite? Maybe not, but if you have a good team in front of him, he can win the big game for you.
Roy looked tired last year, and he looks tired this year.

I still cannot believe Osgood "ended up" with the Isles, instead of Burke bringing Osgood home to BC.
Again, Burke is an ass . . . the Sedin twins are sure working out for him, though, aren't they? [Freak]

#667707 - 11/04/03 08:56 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

Hehe. The Sedin twins. I tell you who I can't stand as far as GMs go. Glenn Sather. He is so overated. Just because he won all those Cups in Edmonton. Who would not have with the all-time group of talent they had there. When you have Gretzky, Messier, Kuri, and Coffey in their primes, you have to win. I know he was responsible for getting them there, but he has done nothing with the Rangers. They are my third favorite team, and they are in the dumper.

#667708 - 11/04/03 09:54 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

The Sisters (Sedins) have a long way to go before they would be ready for the big time. Bad passing and not able to read the game. Too bad Linden has been given the job to baby sit.

I saw Brian Burke this morning (as most mornings when they are home) at Starbucks in Yaletown. with the look on his face I did not even want to make a gesture. We see the Canucks in Yaletown all the time but it seems like everyone who works down here just know to leave them alone.

Yesterday was Garbage hockey. I say Blues in 4

#667709 - 11/04/03 10:04 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
I just got a ticket to Game 2 at Flyers/Leafs. Time to rest the voice. Tie Domi is a pussy.

#667710 - 11/04/03 10:15 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

The Toronto/Philly series is a toss up for me. I want to see Hitchcock, and Eddie do well. I guess I will root for the Flyers though, since I have liked them for quite a while. I think either a Philly or Toronto final against Dallas would be interesting, given the previous relationships that would be involved.

#667711 - 11/04/03 10:21 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
I just got a ticket to Game 2 at Flyers/Leafs. Time to rest the voice. Tie Domi is a pussy.
Then he is one though pussy AND that is NOT going to stop the Leafs from killing this series in 4

#667712 - 11/04/03 10:23 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
[b]I just got a ticket to Game 2 at Flyers/Leafs. Time to rest the voice. Tie Domi is a pussy.
Then is one though pussy AND that is NOT going to stop the Leafs from killing this series in 4[/b]
What he meant to say......

"Then HE is one TOUGH pussy and that is not going to stop the Leafs from winning this series in 4."

Wanna bet?

#667713 - 11/04/03 10:52 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

Nevermind. I half to root for Toronto. Jeremy Roenick is a waste of space, and I hope nothing but failure for him. Go Leafs! [Finger]

#667714 - 11/04/03 07:29 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Leafs in 4 huh? A thoroughly dominating perfomance tonite by the Flyers. With goals from Gagne, ROENICK, Recchi, and LeClair. Good fight between that cheapshot artist Domi and Brashear.

#667715 - 11/04/03 09:01 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Bloodshot Offline

Loc: Dallas
The Stars destroy the Oilers 6-1
laugh [LOL]

#667716 - 11/04/03 09:13 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

Brashear was a looser when he was in Vancouver, he still is.

I guess this is still a toos up. I say the Leafs come back in game 3.

Vancouver on the other hand will be golfing on the 20th

#667717 - 12/04/03 07:09 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Brashear was a looser when he was in Vancouver, he still is.

I guess this is still a toos up. I say the Leafs come back in game 3.

Vancouver on the other hand will be golfing on the 20th
I can say honestly and without trying to be a homer. I really do believe the Flyers are just a better team than the Leafs. Even with Belfour, I dont think thier defense can handle the Flyers forwards physically. Regardless of the score, Toronto has been outplayed in both games (ask Mats Sundin, he said so). They are too decimated with injuries to be able to handle the size. Flyers in 6.

#667718 - 12/04/03 05:08 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
XtremeFlyer Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Alright.. let's the the Red Wings get swept!!

#667719 - 12/04/03 08:23 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I dunno. Detroit's start is like deja vu all over again...

#667720 - 12/04/03 10:11 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

Well Smack my ass and call me Judy, The Canucks actually put up an effort and pull off an 2-1.

I see the bandwagon at a red light down the street, maybe I'll chase it up and jump on....

#667721 - 13/04/03 08:09 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
dano Offline

Loc: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Cant rule out Edmonton smile That friggin crowd cheered like they won the cup tonight. I think you Dallas fans are going to be in for some bad news after game 6 in that series.

Of course, no mention of the Devils, the only team out there yet who has been able to own a series to date.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

#667722 - 14/04/03 06:46 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dano:
Cant rule out Edmonton smile That friggin crowd cheered like they won the cup tonight. I think you Dallas fans are going to be in for some bad news after game 6 in that series.

Of course, no mention of the Devils, the only team out there yet who has been able to own a series to date.
We will see, hopefully we can get some guys back real soon. I still think they will win. Seems like a typical Edmonton-Dallas series to me.

#667723 - 14/04/03 11:24 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

I think Edmonton is going to be a mouthfull for Dallas.

then again having a brother inlaw who is one of the owners also helps my vision... [Finger]

#667724 - 14/04/03 12:48 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
I think Edmonton is going to be a mouthfull for Dallas.

then again having a brother inlaw who is one of the owners also helps my vision... [Finger]
They always are. I still think we will come back and beat them, but we pretty much have to win the next game. Then it is a brand new series. We loose, and we have to win three games straight.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal