shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#678564 - 15/05/12 07:40 PM Re: POCKET DUMP!!! ** [Re: CaliO]
RNTKnives Offline
A

Loc: Prepping for the Zombie Apocol...
Originally Posted By: CaliO
I hate to be the n00b prick but that gun is cocked!!!

1911 type sidearm is made to carry "cocked & locked"... safest pistol platform ever devised.

Original Registration, NOV '07
Pre-crash post count - 396

"...the Earth will continue turnning, even when justice dies." (Revy Two Hand, Black Lagoon)

#678589 - 20/05/12 09:04 PM Re: POCKET DUMP!!! [Re: RNTKnives]
Fang Offline

Loc: Wa.St. Seattle,King
Gee, I thought this was the XOC. By the way, the pro's don't advertise their goods.

#678590 - 20/05/12 09:13 PM Re: POCKET DUMP!!! [Re: Fang]
Fang Offline

Loc: Wa.St. Seattle,King
Say WHUT? I thought I signed up for the XOC!

#678725 - 12/06/12 05:36 PM Re: POCKET DUMP!!! [Re: Photo Trek]
seb Offline

finger nail clippers? haha

#679288 - 09/10/12 08:28 AM Re: POCKET DUMP!!! [Re: rosen]
Ignatowski Offline

New member here - just joined so I can research the Xterra. But I thought this thread was interesting....

Just wanted to share a link to something very similar...

http://everyday-carry.com/

I'm not affiliated with that site at all - but when I saw this thread thought you guys would find it interesting.

#679780 - 22/02/13 11:12 PM Re: POCKET DUMP!!! [Re: Photo Trek]
Rainman_mark Offline

I will get a pic tomorrow of someone shoving a dildo up me ass... smile

#680341 - 24/07/13 12:25 AM Re: POCKET DUMP!!! [Re: Rainman_mark]
jgas Offline

I guess I'm a wimp. I don't carry that much. Keys, wallet, (which has 100 xtra $, plus whatever cash I think I need for a week. Debit card, fishing license, flat wallet styled compass, condoms). Lightweight FEG 9mm Makarov semiauto, double/single action with a safety. The first trigger pull on double action takes a winch and 10 seconds to pull, but it shoots every time. Rounds 2-6 on single the trigger works like a match grade. Sometimes I just carry an old H&R .22 9 shot revolver that has had the hammer ground off and the barrel shortened to 2" so it's single action only and has no front sight, but it always shoots. I either carry a Gerber large folder or a lightweight Gerber folder. Cell phone. Gum. Notepad and pen. (Terrible memory problems). Tiny flashlight on my keyring. Cig lighter, although I don't smoke.

I usually keep a "fag bag" fanny pack in the truck loaded with a full size Taurus model 96 9mm with a 17 rd mag in the gun and another 19rd mag spare. 250 lumen large flashlight. The Taurus has a light lazer combo, so I always have at least 3 flashlights, one on the gun, keychain light, and bright light. The fanny pack usually has a bottle of water, small compass, 20$ bill, copy of my DL and retired military ID and VA card. I have a clean bandana inside of a zip lock bag for dressing a wound, and usually carry a tampon to plug a wound. Snake bite kit with a surgical razor and suction cup for the venom.

In addition I usually have a homemade hollow aluminum walking stick in the truck which has 40 ft. of fishing line, a couple of lures, hooks, spare small compass, lighter, small Gerber multitool, (similar to a Leatherman), and a space blanket stuffed inside. It has 50 feet of paracord wrapped around the outside. I also have quite a bit of camo duct tape wrapped around the walking stick which can be pulled off for various things. Inside the walking stick I also have 10 rnds of .22 and 10 of 9mm as emergency ammo. I usually have a 9mm on me or in the vehicle as well as a .22 rifle or pistol stashed.

I also have a small backpack in the truck with an MRE, energy bars, needed medication, Sterno, flashlight, small fishing kit, thin aluminum pie pan to cook on, which can be folded very small, more paracord, fillet knife, extra flashlight batteries, a magazine or book in a ziplock bag, (which can be used to read or fire kindling). Water. Cotton balls soaked in Vaseline, best fire starter ever. You can actually cook with enough of them. Last but not least, a flask of bourbon or brandy. Another space blanket. I often have a cheap sleeping bag along, and a big 55 gallon thick mil garbage bag. If its cold you can cut small arm and a head hole in it, wear it underneath your clothes even if they are wet and it will hold in most body heat and cut wind chill.

I'm forgetful as heck and feel the need to be redundant and paranoid, and live in the country, poor or no cell reception so if the truck breaks, I might need to spend at least the night in the woods. Oh, and last but not least, and other than the liquor the most important thing: comfortable walking shoes and extra dry socks in case I have to abandon the vehicle and walk a bit.

I went off on a tangent away from the pocket stuff but I think it is all stuff anyone should carry if they live miles from any help and get away from main roads. Everyone knows that if you carry everything you need, nothing will ever happen!

#682496 - 28/04/14 02:35 PM Re: POCKET DUMP!!! [Re: RNTKnives]
jcstill Offline

We share similar carry. I loose about 6lbs every night when I come home and empty things. blush

#682903 - 12/08/15 03:39 AM Re: POCKET DUMP!!! [Re: Photo Trek]
Caiden Offline

I guess if I count the rounds in the mag I would have realized it was not a 45. It ain't the size that matters, it is how you use it that matter...at least that is what my wife tells me.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal