shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#495708 - 16/04/10 05:33 PM Springfield Nissan NJ
TJLatSLU Offline

Loc: Madison NJ
For anyone looking to buy an Xterra in north central NJ, I've had a pretty good experience with Springfield Nissan. I recently bought a used 2008 Off Road from them with no real issues at all. The salesman was very low pressure, but answered all my questions, was very knowledgeable and I never once got the impression they were trying to squeeze more money out of me in any way shape or form.

After a day of driving the I noticed a squeak coming from the engine compartment, it didn't squeak at all during the test drive. I took it in on a Sat morning with no appointment, talked to a tech and he diagnosed it as a sticking hood latch in a matter of minutes. He greased it up for me free of charge and sent me on my way. Three weeks later not a single squeak.

It's early on in the dealer customer relationship here, but thus far I would recommend them to all my family and friends.
28,000 miles
Stock for now

#495746 - 20/04/10 07:05 PM Re: Springfield Nissan NJ [Re: TJLatSLU]
Icebiker Offline

Loc: Northern NJ
Good to hear that. I bought mine from Route 23 Nissan in Butler. After trying Denville, Morristown and Somerville (all of whom claimed they knew of no MT Off Roads in all of New Jersey and weren't willing to do a locate), Butler showed true interest in finding me the right car, doing a dealer swap without making me commit to buy, and giving me a great deal (below invoice, and full amount of cash back rebates). Highly recommend them.

#495777 - 23/04/10 07:11 AM Re: Springfield Nissan NJ [Re: Icebiker]
TJLatSLU Offline

Sounds like you had a good experience with them. I was not in dire need of a new vehicle, I knew I wanted the X OR, but I did have some time to look. I ended up visiting numerous dealers and spending a lot of time on autotrader.com, was in the market for over a year. The 08 OR I have now just kind of fell into my lap, I was driving by the dealer, caught a glimps of the X roof rack from the highway, turned around and pulled into the lot for a look. 3 days later it was sitting in my driveway. You know of any good light 4-wheel trails around Morris County? I'm looking to get the X dirty but want to start off easy and work my way up.
28,000 miles
Stock for now

#672538 - 02/08/10 11:48 AM Re: Springfield Nissan NJ [Re: TJLatSLU]
k_enn Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
Can't help you with trails in Morris County. There is not much that is legal in NJ other than the pine barrens.

As for NJ dealers, I was always satisfied with O'Brien Nissan in Hawthorne NJ. They had a good service manager, Guy. The ownership just changed recently, so I can't say how good they still are on sales, but Guy is a service manager after the change and service still seems good.

k_enn

#673154 - 21/09/10 12:16 PM Re: Springfield Nissan NJ [Re: TJLatSLU]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Yeah - You need to go either down to the NJ Pine Barrens ~ 1.5 hrs south of you, or west to Rausch Creek in PA

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/

The Pine Barrens are free, and there's 100's of miles of trails, none of it hard core except for mud and sugar sand, etc.

Rausch Creek has a huge variety of trails, lots of trails rated for stock trucks, and trails all the way up to the ones used for professional rock crawling competitions. RC is not free, but it is subsidized by the state....and you and your family, etc....can spend the entire day off roading for less than the cost of what you'd probably spend to see a movie together.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#673726 - 03/11/10 03:07 PM Re: Springfield Nissan NJ [Re: TJ]
TJLatSLU Offline

I've been down to the Pine Barrens a few times, mostly for work, not play. Most recently I've zpent some time out near Winslow, I reall seeing a few good dirt roads leading off into no where. Thanks for the input guys.
28,000 miles
Stock for now

#673734 - 03/11/10 08:10 PM Re: Springfield Nissan NJ [Re: TJLatSLU]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: TJLatSLU
I've been down to the Pine Barrens a few times, mostly for work, not play. Most recently I've zpent some time out near Winslow, I reall seeing a few good dirt roads leading off into no where. Thanks for the input guys.

Cool.

What kind of work do you do in the Pine Barrens?

There's HUNDREDS of off road trails back there, all free.

laugh

Edited by TJ (03/11/10 08:10 PM)

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal