2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67420 - 06/08/02 11:04 AM '02 factory fog bulb replacement
yellow-Xdude Offline

Loc: Bradenton, Fl
Has anyone put replacement bulbs in their factory fog lamps on a '02? Do you have to unscrew the fog light assembly from the bottom before it will pull out the front? If so, looks like the piece of plastic under the fogs would have to be removed to get to the screw on the bottom of the fog assembly. The owners manual seems to be missing a few steps. I know the '00 X was very easy, just unclip the sides of the fog assembly and out it came. Thought I would check before I do more than is necessary.

#67421 - 06/08/02 01:45 PM Re: '02 factory fog bulb replacement
NPT X Offline

Loc: Newport, RI
I replaced my head lights (9007) and fog lights (H3) with xenon bulbs the other month. The head lights were not that bad, it was just a pain in the ass to not touch the bulb when getting it in.
The fog lights were a little trickier, you have to disconnect the wires and then unscrew the stupid little screw on the side. I had to use a 1/4" mini socket with a #2 bit in it to get it out.
You have to do all this from the back side (underneath), then remove the plactic housing unit from the front.

#67422 - 06/08/02 03:45 PM Re: '02 factory fog bulb replacement
LOCHS 2 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PatFurb:
I replaced my head lights (9007) and fog lights (H3) with xenon bulbs the other month. The head lights were not that bad, it was just a pain in the ass to not touch the bulb when getting it in.
The fog lights were a little trickier, you have to disconnect the wires and then unscrew the stupid little screw on the side. I had to use a 1/4" mini socket with a #2 bit in it to get it out.
You have to do all this from the back side (underneath), then remove the plactic housing unit from the front.
Where did you get the xenon bulbs? How much? I'm looking to brighten my view of the road as well--do you have pics of them at night?

Thanks
[Wave]

#67423 - 07/08/02 10:04 AM Re: '02 factory fog bulb replacement
NPT X Offline

I got them from http://www.racinglab.com/. I got the Heliolite Xenon White (HID STyle) head & fog light bulbs. They are the 9007 12V65/55W for the headlights and the H7 12V55W for the fog lights. They have them on sale for $39.95 for each set. I ordered them and got the headlights in a week, but the fog lights were on back order. I got those a week later, so it wasn't that bad of a wait.

You can get the headlight bulbs in a high output(9007 12V100/80W), but I've read everywhere that they don't recommend it. You can have problems with melting wires and the headlight casings.

As for pictures with them, I'll see if I can take some tonight. The bulbs and the lights have that blue/white tint to them.

#67424 - 07/08/02 10:06 AM Re: '02 factory fog bulb replacement
NPT X Offline

Sorry, I ment to say H3 for the fog lights in the reply above.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal