shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67764 - 05/04/05 05:29 PM Body bolts for Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK...so I was at Kragen today on my daily trip there and got to thinking. (Yes, now would be a good time to panic laugh ). Anyway, I saw various body bolts in different sizes like you would use to mount new goodies in the engine compartment. Alas, I wanted to purchase some but I could not find out what SIZE the body bolts are in the X. I think the holes in the engine compartment are pre-drilled and tapped the same size as the main body ground on the passenger side of the engine compartment, but I can't find any info on this. Can anyone help?

#67765 - 06/04/05 09:49 AM Re: Body bolts for Xterra
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I can't tell what bolts you mean by body bolts...do you mean the ones that mount the body to the frame? There's ten of those, but they are different sizes and lengths, get different torque settings, etc...I have that info if that's what you meant...

Let me know.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#67766 - 06/04/05 03:53 PM Re: Body bolts for Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

TJ- negative. Inside the engine compartment, there are a bunch of drilled and tapped holes for mounting different option parts, and they are drilled and tapped for the same size bolt. I have been told that the bolt for the main engine ground, the one that comes off the battery, is the same size as the rest of these pre-drilled holes. Since I am looking to mount a few more toys in the engine compartment, and since every auto parts place out there sells bolts for various domestic and import vehicles, I am trying to find out if anyone knows the size without having to disassemble something in the parking lot of Kragen in order to have a part to compare it to. When I get off work in the morning I'll take a pic of what I am talking about...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal