2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#630109 - 29/07/07 07:53 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Yeah, that year head start really did wonders for the Dreamcast, didn't it? [LOL]

BTW, we all have a 3 year warranty now. What could possibly be wrong with that?

#630110 - 29/07/07 04:40 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

The month or two waiting for it to come back?

#630111 - 29/07/07 04:56 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
It's usually a couple of weeks or so, according to what I read on other forums - inconvenient, but not fatal.

Me, I just bought mine from costco. My first Xbox didn't get the ring of death, but was locking up. Took it back, returned it, then turned around and used the costco cash card they gave me to re-purchase a new one.

Less than an hour. You just have to buy your stuff from the right retailer and you won't have problems :rolleyes:

The worst part of the process was moving my saved games off the hard drive onto a memory card before swapping the consoles. That's one advantage of the MS swap process, you keep your HD.

#630112 - 29/07/07 07:54 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Try one week, according to my bro-in-law. Like DocNo said, it's a minor inconvenience, but it's for extended warranty. I wish my Xterra had that. frown I'd gladly let Nissan take it for a week and fix it up like new. laugh

#630113 - 31/07/07 05:46 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]Its kind of sad that the PS3 is matching the Xbox and it doesn't have any really good games out yet. XBox's 33% failure rate can't be a good thing but I'm sure they'll let the public keep beta testing it for them and work it out eventually.
Um, the 360 was released a year earlier. Most of the buyers already got it within that period. [Freak] Comparing the current rate is completely missing the big picture. I guess what ever makes you feel better about your own failing system. It is kind of sad that the PS3, who used to dominate (that might be a small word) the market, can't pass the other two. You 5 XOC members go have fun now. [LOL] [/b]
It's matching Xbox 360 sales from it's release; it's outselling the Xbox 360, currently.

In other words, they both sold the same # of consoles in the same amount of time. Games are what sell consoles; always have been. So once the christmas onslaught of games come this year, we'll see really quickly what game console makes huge gains, and which one just merely floats along.

#630114 - 31/07/07 11:00 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
My friend that bought one of the first gen 360s had his hard drive completely die. MS wouldn't cover it at all and made him pay several hundred to have it replaced.
SWXC Member #74

#630115 - 31/07/07 11:12 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

They didnt make him pay per se', HD is client issue. Number one failure of HD is heat, how do they know where the device was? Maybe he left it on 24 hrs a day? Not arguing,, just saying, HD failures happen, if they did'nt, I'd be out of work.

[Huh?]

MGJ

#630116 - 31/07/07 11:18 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

a) The hard drive is external b) a new Xbox 360 itself costs "several hundred". c) Microsoft charges a flat fee of $140 to replace anything wrong with the console. d) A new hard drive for the 360 "retails" for $100 and goes for a lot less on eBay. Don't lie and make The Woodlands look bad. wink

#630117 - 07/09/07 09:44 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
DocNo Offline

More problems for Sony

Ouch! Although I do thing the blog writers conclusions are a little on the extreme side, it's a pretty harsh vote of no confidence from a pretty important developer.

#630118 - 07/09/07 12:09 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
You do realize that it is nearly a year after release, and Wiis are still hard to find...

I am holding off on buying anything until Rock Band or Guitar Hero III is released... then I will likely buy a Wii...

until then I am happy playing NCAA 2005 College Football on my old Xbox... [Geek]

#630119 - 07/09/07 12:41 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
Ha nismo I just saw your response to what I said. I was just repeating what he had told me. I cant wait till the guitar hero is out on the wii. I will buy that so fast smile
SWXC Member #74

#630120 - 07/09/07 12:48 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm planning on getting the 360 when Halo 3 comes out.

Like others have said, the games make the consoles sell, which in my case, is entirely true.

As it is, my Old School Xbox does jsut fine as my DVD player, which is what I use it for more then gaming, and although I plan to play the 360 more, it will likely replace the old box as a DVD player.

#630121 - 07/09/07 12:56 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by koalakilla:
Ha nismo I just saw your response to what I said. I was just repeating what he had told me.
Let me revise that... Tell your friend to not lie and make The Woodlands (if that's where he lives) look bad. wink laugh

#630122 - 07/09/07 01:22 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
You do realize that it is nearly a year after release, and Wiis are still hard to find...
Hard to find is an understatement in my area. From what I've been told, the few that come along are nabbed up by 8:30 am everytime they hit store shelves.

So is Guitar Hero everyone's game to own? I've heard it's a lot of fun, but I'm holding out for SSB Brawl in December. Right now Mario Strikers is keeping me occupied. [ThumbsUp]

#630123 - 13/09/07 08:54 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
DocNo Offline

#630124 - 13/09/07 09:13 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a 360 back home, and I love it. I bought my Wii out here in the sandbox, and love that thing too. It is def going back with me and sittin next to my 360.

#630125 - 14/09/07 07:29 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
Still sucks to be Sony
Umm, might want to revise that to say, "Still Sucks to be Sony AND Microsoft"... The Wii being the number 1 console in the world, outselling the Xbox 360 total sales, in less than half the time, is pretty damned impressive!

Guess we all (PS3 AND 360 fans) guessed wrong on this one.

#630126 - 14/09/07 09:40 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Wii has the gimick of the motion controllers. That is why it is outselling everything right now. I played one this last week and while the gimick was fun bowling, and playing tennis etc it wasn't nothing to write home about with the graphics.

#630127 - 14/09/07 04:08 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

The wii doesn't appeal to me. It is just a repackaged gamecube with a new controller.

#630128 - 15/09/07 06:52 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
Wii has the gimick of the motion controllers. That is why it is outselling everything right now. I played one this last week and while the gimick was fun bowling, and playing tennis etc it wasn't nothing to write home about with the graphics.
Don't let Wii sports be your sole measurement of Wii's graphics ability. Try Metroid Prime 3 if you get a chance. That's the flagship title at the moment and it's pretty cool.

As for why Wii's number one? $250 sticker. enough said. laugh

#630129 - 15/09/07 09:33 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Umm, might want to revise that to say, "Still Sucks to be Sony AND Microsoft"... The Wii being the number 1 console in the world, outselling the Xbox 360 total sales, in less than half the time, is pretty damned impressive!
Meh - at least MS broke even (so they claim). I didn't expect MS to take number 1 - but I certainly didn't expect Sony to remain number three - and by such a wide margin! I guess hubris really doesn't pay after all.

Quote:
Guess we all (PS3 AND 360 fans) guessed wrong on this one.
Nintendo kept it simple and followed their roots. They are not so gently reminding Sony and Microsoft that ultimately the majority of people play games - for the games and not the technical wizardry. We geeks tend to get hung up on crap like "it's just a warmed over game cube" (it's not) or "that controller is a gimmick" (it's not that either) but they are missing the point.

It's about the game play.

The Wii brings unique, fun and engaging game play to the table. And there are titles like Brain Age and the Wii sports that offer totally different experiences that are accessible to normal people other than shooting things and watching them blow up.

Heck, they are holding Wii bowling tournaments in nursing homes! Hand a six axis controller with a normal games button layout to a nursing home resident and they would probably throw it back at you. Hand them a Wii-mote and show them how to bowl with it, and they get it - because it mimics a natural action they already understand.

That's some exciting stuff. I hate memorizing button layout's and combo moves. I will force myself if the game is particularly good and I like it enough - but I like the idea of not having to use buttons that represent real world actions - when instead I could just mimic that real world action.

It will be interesting to see where the success of the Wii starts to drive the game industry. Perhaps it will finally encourage more people to think outside the box and move beyond the now plethora of brain-dead first person shooters...

#630130 - 16/09/07 08:32 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
It will be interesting to see where the success of the Wii starts to drive the game industry. Perhaps it will finally encourage more people to think outside the box and move beyond the now plethora of brain-dead first person shooters...
Probably to where all the mid-90's movies took us and that's virtual reality. Just my guess.

#630131 - 10/10/07 07:34 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Looks like Sony is gonna be dropping the price of the PS3 to $400 at the end of this month.

The new 40gig unit won't be backwards compatible and will only have two USB ports instead of 4, but I couldn't care leass about either since I have a PS2 and the only game I would really want to carry forward is Guitar Hero 1 & 2, which won't play on PS3s anyway.

I'm seriously thinking of taking the plunge this holiday season. I really want in on those online Warhawk battles!!!

#630132 - 10/10/07 10:30 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
Looks like Sony is gonna be dropping the price of the PS3 to $400 at the end of this month.

The new 40gig unit won't be backwards compatible and will only have two USB ports instead of 4, but I couldn't care leass about either since I have a PS2 and the only game I would really want to carry forward is Guitar Hero 1 & 2, which won't play on PS3s anyway.

I'm seriously thinking of taking the plunge this holiday season. I really want in on those online Warhawk battles!!!
Yeah, they could have dropped the backwards compatibility. I wouldn't think there'd be a huge demand for that, especially now that at lot of Gen3 games are on the market. Same w/ the USB ports. I use 1 for recharging the controllers, and 1 for the wireless adapter for the keyboard. The other two are pretty much useless.

#630133 - 10/10/07 10:32 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Umm, might want to revise that to say, "Still Sucks to be Sony AND Microsoft"... The Wii being the number 1 console in the world, outselling the Xbox 360 total sales, in less than half the time, is pretty damned impressive!
Meh - at least MS broke even (so they claim). I didn't expect MS to take number 1 - but I certainly didn't expect Sony to remain number three - and by such a wide margin! I guess hubris really doesn't pay after all.[/b]
You're funny... PS3 is selling at the same rate the Xbox360 did. Yeah, they've got a gap because they came out after the 360. But their numbers are just as good (or bad, depending on how you look at it) as the 360's did at its same age. Not to mention, now that Halo 3 has come, there's not going to be another big bump in 360 sales for a long, long time. PS3 still yet has it's big franchise games to come out.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal