shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#678398 - 24/04/12 05:45 PM New here! Lots of Questions about 2003 3" sl via Cal mini...
totkid760 Offline

Just picked up a 2003 Xterra 4x4 and am dealing with Cal Mini for lift and steering. Ordered 3" sl lift already minus the leaf springs because supposedly they are still in production. So Off road whearehouse is going to use some Rancho leafs wich is only a single long one versus the dual one cal mini has. Will this work? I have my tires (265/75/r16 BFG), rims, and so called lift kit but i'm still waiting for steering system from cal mini witch is supposedly still in production. My question is does anyone else make a steering system for my X that can get it to me in a reasonable time? I dont care about cost at this point. I'm tire of waiting. At least Shrockworks told me my Bumpers would be a while up front....Please help

#678401 - 24/04/12 07:36 PM Re: New here! Lots of Questions about 2003 3" sl via Cal mini... [Re: totkid760]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: totkid760
Just picked up a 2003 Xterra 4x4 and am dealing with Cal Mini for lift and steering. Ordered 3" sl lift already minus the leaf springs because supposedly they are still in production. So Off road whearehouse is going to use some Rancho leafs wich is only a single long one versus the dual one cal mini has. Will this work? I have my tires (265/75/r16 BFG), rims, and so called lift kit but i'm still waiting for steering system from cal mini witch is supposedly still in production. My question is does anyone else make a steering system for my X that can get it to me in a reasonable time? I dont care about cost at this point. I'm tire of waiting. At least Shrockworks told me my Bumpers would be a while up front....Please help

Hard to say, you went with calmini.

The more thin leaves an AAL has the better, as a single thick leaf is the WORST solution, the Calmini 2-pack is better than the Rancho 1-pack, but the Deaver 3-Pack is better than the Calmini 2-pack.

go here:

www.4x4parts.com

Look for a 3 leaf AAL...that's the one you want.

The Bilstein 5100's and HD are light years better than Calmini's shocks...most people end up throwing the Calmini shocks in the trash if they get them/have to drive on them for a while.

You could get the Bilstein shocks for the 3" SL kit instead if you want more wheel travel and better ride/handling, and, durability.

They also have stronger steering kits, King Kong IIRC. Calmini's steering kits are hit or miss...Mine worked fine, some others OK (ALL of my buddies') kits failed, and Calmini essentially told them (ALL) to pound sand.

And if you don't want calmini's UCA's, you can get UCA for the 3" SL there too.

- Hope that helps!

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal