shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#678602 - 22/05/12 07:58 PM Michigan?
slantyshanty Offline

Loc: Northern Michigan
I'm assuming Michigan falls into this club's AO? Anyway, I'll be moving there (the uppa uppa part) in the next month or so. I believe I'm going to Gaylord? I'm told it's great country up there...

I've been living in the Mojave Desert for several years, and coastal North Carolina before that, so the climate change will be... Fun?!

Anyway, I'm super excited to go somewhere new! See ya in a few. Curious how my Texas accent is going to fare? LoL
2004 World Champ - 4x4 Man Trans - Silver - 3"SL+2"BL - Revolvers - Rancho RS9000XL's - Rancho RS5000 stab w/IAB - ARB rear locker - 34" BFG MT's Soft 8's - Blood red Shrock Sliders - Mean Green 180A - Optima 31 Bluetop - U-bolt skids - Hz+dB's

#678604 - 22/05/12 10:20 PM Re: Michigan? [Re: slantyshanty]
granitex Offline

Loc: Columbus. Oh
Da UP is a different kind of world entirely, but you are still going to be in the lower P. I do love to spend as much time up there as possable. If nothing else you will get used to snow and pasties. Growing up we used to go an vacation on a smaller lake just west of where you will be moving, over by Grand Travers Bay.

Edited by granitex (22/05/12 10:26 PM)

#678612 - 23/05/12 03:06 PM Re: Michigan? [Re: granitex]
slantyshanty Offline

Just found out what all areas I am going to have to work. Half of the UP (east side), but I'll have to stay near Gaylord. Glad I have 4x4 and lockers! :-)
2004 World Champ - 4x4 Man Trans - Silver - 3"SL+2"BL - Revolvers - Rancho RS9000XL's - Rancho RS5000 stab w/IAB - ARB rear locker - 34" BFG MT's Soft 8's - Blood red Shrock Sliders - Mean Green 180A - Optima 31 Bluetop - U-bolt skids - Hz+dB's

#678619 - 24/05/12 05:22 PM Re: Michigan? [Re: slantyshanty]
granitex Offline

You will have to spend some time at Picture rock National Lakeshore, and Drummond Island. You will get used to seeing deer, every freakin where.

#678925 - 16/07/12 03:22 PM Re: Michigan? [Re: granitex]
slantyshanty Offline

Well we made it. Took a day or so more that we planned but whatever, that's how it always seems to happen. We don't have kids but 2 dogs (1 is 165lbs) and 2 cats makes for a fun trip... And finding a hotel for all of them is also fun. I took the 70 and 80 mostly. Went through several states I have never been to before. Utah and Colorado were absolutely beautiful. Wish I had gone to them before. Now up in Gaylord and I'm pretty sure we're going to love it. Alpenfest is tomorrow too!

Is there a local or local'ish X club? Tried to find MXO online but doesn't seem to be up anymore (or wasn't when I tried?)

#678927 - 17/07/12 04:45 AM Re: Michigan? [Re: slantyshanty]
Gonzo-2 Offline

Loc: Lansing, Michigan
Welcome to Michigan. Enjoy learning to be a "Troll". I'm down in Battle Creek. Learn to watch for DEER, as stated, "every freakin' where"! And we're not talking about those big dogs they call deer out in the west, we're talking big SOB's up here! (300 lb bucks are not unheard of). Hit one of those at 60 and well, you get the picture. And up in your area, winter will start in October and last until April. I was stationed (USAF) over on Lake Huron, just east of where you are now. At one house we had, we didn't know we had a driveway until April. When we moved in, we already had snow and ice everywhere.

But Michigan is pretty. Fall leaves are just gorgeous. Hope you don't like HOT weather. Right now we are exceptionally warm. Don't get used to it.

Anyway, welcome!

-G

BFG AT/KO
Custom fuse panels for electrical mods
Custom backup solution mod (lights/camera/monitor)
Custom switched power outlets (8+ total)
Lots-o-Lights (6 driving lights, 10 total)

Original registration - Sep, '03
Pre-crash post count - ~1100

#678928 - 17/07/12 05:49 AM Re: Michigan? [Re: Gonzo-2]
granitex Offline

MXO has been gone for years, long and unpleasant story.

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal