2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#678599 - 22/05/12 05:05 PM 03 Foglight installation HELP!!!
ItsEyceeLMT Offline

first of all I sorry but I really cannot find any clear thread about how to install and wire OEM foglight, I have a base model 03 Xterra and just got an Ebay OEM foglight kit, installing the Foglights in place is coverec and all accounted for, its the wiring that I am confused about, I do see two existing wires by the foglight location but not sure if this is pre wired for the oem foglight, the foglight kit from ebay came with the wiring harness and oem switch, my question is, where do i connect the oem switch if the wires by the foglight location are indeed the wires i need for the foglight kit, and if I need to run the wiring harness that came with the ebay foglight kit how will i do so? is there any clear write up with pictures to show step by step installation of the oem foglights? I have searched for a write up as well as a service manual and sad to say I have zero source for them, please help!

p.s. I have exceptional knowledge when it comes to wrenching on a vehicle but one of the main areas I need to learn is the wiring dept. I do not want to cause fire under the hood and burn my Xterra! lol.

#678601 - 22/05/12 07:25 PM Re: 03 Foglight installation HELP!!! [Re: ItsEyceeLMT]
mark garrett Offline

Loc: Houston,Tx
replaced my lights after they were stolen. Had the wires checked to see if they got power, they did, so I just spliced into them. If it is already wired that's all u have to do. It works on the low light setting. If u don't have the fog light setting on your light handle knobby then u will have to mount a swith under dash or wherever u like.

#678605 - 23/05/12 01:16 AM Re: 03 Foglight installation HELP!!! [Re: mark garrett]
ItsEyceeLMT Offline

never mind figured it all out lol.. thanks for the help guys!

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal